Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com "A yearly ritual: Redskins embarrass themselves in primetime"

Commander PK

You're right. He has been fine this year.

The problem, is that he ruined this franchise years ago. It's to the point that players will avoid this place like the plague. He caused us to loose Williams for Zorn. He did the Sherm thing last year. He IS the reason that this team is as bad as it is today.

So no, I won't leave his name out until every move that he makes is erased or he sells the team. He is a cancer to this franchise. He will NEVER hoist a SB trophy. Ever.

Fans don't ask for much, do they? Doesn't anybody realize how hard it is to win a Super Bowl. There are teams out there that have never even smelt one.Sometimes I think everyone sets our team standards to high. We were just 1 game from the championship game just during Gibbs 2, give it a rest, geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

You dislike our coaches that much that you want to see them get some negative feedback do you, and you call yourself a fan.

What are you talking about? Seriously? How does that not make him a fan?

We were just EMBARRASSED on national television after we were embarrassed two weeks earlier and had a bye to work things out. He wants to see these people be held accountable by the media and really why shouldn't he?

I have never seen a team in any sport so mercilessly ridiculed in the press. I really don't understand it. Where did this come from? Do these people despise Snyder that much? Do they despise us because us because of the "Redskins" name? Do they despise us because for about 11 years a generation ago the Redskins pretty much owned most of the rest the NFL? I don't get it. Everybody else always gets the benefit of the doubt. Not the Redskins.

Let's not be dramatic. So out of ALL the teams in pro sports, the Redskins get the most crap? You really believe that?? The Redskins get off easy, all things considered. Try being a Clipper fan or some of these teams that've been clowned for their entire existence like the Lions or Bengals.

Let's not be dramatic. So out of ALL the teams in pro sports, the Redskins get the most crap? You really believe that?? The Redskins get off easy, all things considered. Try being a Clipper fan or some of these teams that've been clowned for their entire existence like the Lions or Bengals.

I definitely hear alot more crap about the Redskins than the Lions.

I definitely hear alot more crap about the Redskins than the Lions.

Only because they're a draw, you probably hear more crap about the Cowboys than the Redskins because they're an even bigger draw. It's all relative. You win, you don't have to worry about what they're calling you. Only teams that get their brains beat in complain about getting crap talked about them.

I really don't see the purpose of mentioning Albert Haynesworth's contract every single game. That **** is old news, and they only do it to drag our team's name down even further than it is. There's your difference.

But that goes for just about anything. The media doesn't like to let some things go. I see no reason to have to keep mentioning Michael Vick's past at this point, but they do. Or how Aaron Rodgers can't do an interview where Brett Favre still doesn't come up.

Our record on Monday Night Football is 1-10. They are just highlighting the correlation between our recent Monday Night Football performances. Very unnerving to say the very least. After all, it was the Pittsburgh game that started the disastrous end to 2008, and it sure looks like history is going to repeat itself.

For Monday night games the Redskins are 2-8 (.200) over their last 10 MNF games, 5-15 (.250) over their last 20, 8-22 (.267) over their last 30, 14-26 (.350) over their last 40, 19-31 (.380) over their last 50, and 26-33 (.441) overall since the inception of MNF in 1970. That means the Redskins have gotten progressively worse on Monday nights over the years.

Over that span their best streak was winning 5 straight from '74-'76. We've also had losing streaks of 5 twice from '88-'90 and '01-'04.

As good as the Redskins were during Gibbs I, they had a losing record of 9-13 (.409) on MNF during his first stint.

The Redskins just don't seem to play well in the Monday night lights.

Are people seriously whining that the NFL website doesn't respect our team? Who should after giving up 59 points and being completely embarassed? And given our track record on Monday Night Football, I'd clown us too. Who cares. It's an article. Some of you get so hung up on what the media says and does it's mind bottling. Not even boggling. Bottling.

For Monday night games the Redskins are 2-8 (.200) over their last 10 MNF games, 5-15 (.250) over their last 20, 8-22 (.267) over their last 30, 14-26 (.350) over their last 40, 19-31 (.380) over their last 50, and 26-33 (.441) overall since the inception of MNF in 1970. That means the Redskins have gotten progressively worse on Monday nights over the years.

Over that span their best streak was winning 5 straight from '74-'76. We've also had losing streaks of 5 twice from '88-'90 and '01-'04.

As good as the Redskins were during Gibbs I, they had a losing record of 9-13 (.409) on MNF during his first stint.

The Redskins just don't seem to play well in the Monday night lights.

Those are amazing numbers over such a length of time. The reality is the Redskins drawing ability hasn't matched their playing ability for quite some time. So they really have no business being on MNF so much from a competitive standpoint. When you think about it, how often are the Redskins actually the better team on MNF? Just guessing, probably not all that frequently.

For me, it's not even that they win or lose necessarily, but they rarely seem to even play well at all. It's not often where you see them on MNF and say "they played well, they just came up short". The only way they win is if the other team plays just as terrible. They win in spite of themselves.

I am incredibly hurt by this loss. I blame the whole mess on Landry and Hall. We deserve this **** bath and I hope our players AND our fans learned a lesson in humility....

Wait... You blame the entire loss on LaRon Landry and DeAngelo Hall? The same two guys that have helped secure wins three times (out of four wins)?

But coaching isn't to blame in the least?

Sorry. Not trying to derail the thread, but this is crazy.

"If we have guys that care, we'll go to work tomorrow." - Chris Cooley

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it appears Chris may be doubting the effort on some players.

I took from it he's just saying after such a nationally televised shellacking, it's easy to go in the tank. He's just playing on their pride.

I have never seen a team in any sport so mercilessly ridiculed in the press. I really don't understand it. Where did this come from? Do these people despise Snyder that much? Do they despise us because us because of the "Redskins" name? Do they despise us because for about 11 years a generation ago the Redskins pretty much owned most of the rest the NFL? I don't get it. Everybody else always gets the benefit of the doubt. Not the Redskins.

The stadium thing really does bug me though, and it has for years. We do not have a fan base that will support a 91,000 seat stadium. A more intimate, RFK type of stadium in D.C. would have been best. Oh well, can't change that now.

Really? Where does it come from? We have the second richest franchise in history. A meddling 30-something rich kid owner who literally runs the team like it is a madden game and we are an absolute embarrassment every single year. This article while painful to read as a fan for the past 33 years is dead on accurate. We are humiliated on a national stage every year. You can look at the calendar every year, spot the big national game we are playing in and know that that will be the game we get trounced.

We start a fight with their star player and everyone gets all lathered up because we think we are about to see a team that wants to scrap for 4 quarters and 30 seconds into the game the guy they talked smack too burns the guy who talked the smack. . . .in his house. . . . after a bye.

Its sickening. The media hates us because we deserve it. We are a joke. An absolute joke. The idea that we should be respected by ANYBODY is laughable. I really am thankful for all you guys and gals in this forum. You make me feel sane and understood when the rest of the world doesn't seem to understand how much I love this team. But for any of us to think the media should give us respect at this point is simply delusional.

Wait... You blame the entire loss on LaRon Landry and DeAngelo Hall? The same two guys that have helped secure wins three times (out of four wins)?

But coaching isn't to blame in the least?

Sorry. Not trying to derail the thread, but this is crazy.

You can't blame them {solely} for the loss but I certainly understand any fan that like me got all pumped up and watched our team meet there's at the 50 yard line looking for a rumble before the game only to see the guy who started it get his ass handed to him by the guy he tried to taunt on there way to a 35-0 first quarter in our house after a bye.

Its pathetic. If you can't back it up, Just shut up and play if you can't back it up. Its humiliating.

What I find odd is that we continually get MNF games. I understand it's about ratings and we have big-name players, but we certainly haven't earned the slot. We do OK on Sunday nights, but not Monday nights.

I'm hoping year 2 of Shanahan has very little fanfare and we can just take care of business on Sunday afternoons (with an occasional 4pm or 8pm kick-off).

What I find odd is that we continually get MNF games. I understand it's about ratings and we have big-name players, but we certainly haven't earned the slot. We do OK on Sunday nights, but not Monday nights.

I'm hoping year 2 of Shanahan has very little fanfare and we can just take care of business on Sunday afternoons (with an occasional 4pm or 8pm kick-off).

But you earn the slot by your ratings. If you can pull a big number, that's what network cares about.

We don't really have big name players though. This year, we have McNabb, but before that, not too many of our guys registered much on a national level.

You can't blame them {solely} for the loss but I certainly understand any fan that like me got all pumped up and watched our team meet there's at the 50 yard line looking for a rumble before the game only to see the guy who started it get his ass handed to him by the guy he tried to taunt on there way to a 35-0 first quarter in our house after a bye.

Its pathetic. If you can't back it up, Just shut up and play if you can't back it up. Its humiliating.

Okay, but I'm humiliated by the entire team. Not just them. They weren't the only ones in that mess, either.

Really? Where does it come from? We have the second richest franchise in history. A meddling 30-something rich kid owner who literally runs the team like it is a madden game and we are an absolute embarrassment every single year. This article while painful to read as a fan for the past 33 years is dead on accurate. We are humiliated on a national stage every year. You can look at the calendar every year, spot the big national game we are playing in and know that that will be the game we get trounced.

We start a fight with their star player and everyone gets all lathered up because we think we are about to see a team that wants to scrap for 4 quarters and 30 seconds into the game the guy they talked smack too burns the guy who talked the smack. . . .in his house. . . . after a bye.

Its sickening. The media hates us because we deserve it. We are a joke. An absolute joke. The idea that we should be respected by ANYBODY is laughable. I really am thankful for all you guys and gals in this forum. You make me feel sane and understood when the rest of the world doesn't seem to understand how much I love this team. But for any of us to think the media should give us respect at this point is simply delusional.

My point is where does the pouring on come from? Why does every loss come with a rehashing of past mistakes? Most of which have NO RELEVANCE to the current season, current management, current make up of the team. Why can't it just be. "The Redskins got their ass kicked by a better team last night." Done, end of story. Even Shanahan and Allen who are brand new to the Redskins, and who are respected NFL men anywhere else, get lampooned. Starting with Haynesworth, to the McNabb benching, etc. etc. Any other team, and those exact benching circumstances occur, and YES it is talked about by the media, but do you really think they would have poured on like they have?

Edit: Not to mention, the media knee jerk reactions to the McNabb contract, which only the most honorable of them have admitted to being wrong about. Under Vinny, YES I could see there being ridicule without benefit of the doubt, but Shanahan and Allen run this team now. Anybody close to the team can see that Snyder is not involved in the decision making like he was. Many of the media simply won't do their homework on current events. To sum up, WTF does the Dana Stubblefield signing over 10 years ago have to do with right here right now? With the current make up of the team, and the current management taken into consideration, the answer is NOTHING.

Can't believe people are actually crying that the media doesn't respect us.

Are you ****ting me? You really need a diagram to figure this out?

I'm not asking for their respect. We lost, the Eagles are better, FINE I have no problem with that, but why does an analysis of that loss have to include tidbits about every "mistake" or other embarrassing moment for the last x amount of years?

Archived