Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com "A yearly ritual: Redskins embarrass themselves in primetime"

Commander PK

I'm not asking for their respect. We lost, the Eagles are better, FINE I have no problem with that, but why does an analysis of that loss have to include tidbits about every "mistake" or other embarrassing moment for the last x amount of years?

Because we've been embarassingly bad for a long time, and anytime anything positive looks to be going on in DC, we get thumped like we did on Monday night. We lost to the Lions last year. We had the Zorn fiasco, the Swinging Gate, we've had Spurrier, Deion.

We make big splashes and fall on our asses. Honestly, we deserve it until we do something different. I'm so over this franchise.

Fans don't ask for much, do they? Doesn't anybody realize how hard it is to win a Super Bowl. There are teams out there that have never even smelt one.Sometimes I think everyone sets our team standards to high. We were just 1 game from the championship game just during Gibbs 2, give it a rest, geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

I done with any SB talk. I just want us to get back to respectability. Meaning winning at least a division title (only team in our division to not win one this decade), hosting a home playoff game (again the only one in our division not to do so) and having our play on the field not look like the keystone kops. I'm tired of the franchise being laughed at. I just want to be proud of the team again. I thought Shanny and Allen would do that. I haven't seen it yet.

I have never seen a team in any sport so mercilessly ridiculed in the press. I really don't understand it. Where did this come from? Do these people despise Snyder that much? Do they despise us because us because of the "Redskins" name? Do they despise us because for about 11 years a generation ago the Redskins pretty much owned most of the rest the NFL? I don't get it. Everybody else always gets the benefit of the doubt. Not the Redskins.

The stadium thing really does bug me though, and it has for years. We do not have a fan base that will support a 91,000 seat stadium. A more intimate, RFK type of stadium in D.C. would have been best. Oh well, can't change that now.

You can't be serious. Whining about the mean media coverage?

Here's a good way to avoid being made fun of by the big bad media: Don't Suck. That's something the Redskins haven't been able to accomplish in, oh, about 20 years or so.

You can't be serious. Whining about the mean media coverage?

Here's a good way to avoid being made fun of by the big bad media: Don't Suck. That's something the Redskins haven't been able to accomplish in' date=' oh, about 20 years or so.[/quote']

I agree, the best way is to not suck, BUT are the Redskins the only team that has managed to suck for the last 20 years? You would think they were based off of the constant media bombardment over every decision or non-decision made in Washington. Shanahan and Allen don't even get a chance, or the benefit of the doubt to fix things, before they become part of the Redskins "pattern of failure"

I just want to be proud of the team again. I thought Shanny and Allen would do that. I haven't seen it yet.

You haven't seen Shanahan and Allen change a decade-long culture in less than a year. That's probably to be expected. I think they will improve things, but the LAST place we'll see it will be on the field (unfortunately). Let's not forget how positive the off-season was with the front office and public relations things going on. Everyone was commending the professionalism that was being exhibited by the Redskin organization. Unfortunately, in order to rebuild a 53-man roster, they need more time.

Fans don't ask for much, do they? Doesn't anybody realize how hard it is to win a Super Bowl. There are teams out there that have never even smelt one.Sometimes I think everyone sets our team standards to high. We were just 1 game from the championship game just during Gibbs 2, give it a rest, geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

See, there it is. Standards so low that the Browns would laugh at us.

So, in 18 years of football, we're one game away from an NFC, no Super Bowl Championship game. A game that the Seahawks owned us in no less. You're hanging your hat on that? In 18 years, that's all we got?

I don't think wanting to win more than one division title in 18 years is a lot to ask.

I don't think wanting to win a SB every 18 years is too much to ask for.

I don't think wanting more than 2 10 win seasons in 18 years is a lot to ask for.

The problem is people here set their standards too low. It's a performance based industry. Either go for it all, or don't play the game. This we almost stuff is sickening. This franchise is just the joke of professional sports.

Shanahan and Allen don't even get a chance, or the benefit of the doubt to fix things, before they become part of the Redskins "pattern of failure"

exactly painkiller ... it's hard to sit there and listen to the national media drum up the same old stories from years past as a skins fan, especially from the MNF booth crew. I'm not saying there was not a pattern of failure, I'm not saying that things will get fixed overnight either. But they are paid analysts and journalists. It seems very unprofessional and lackadaisical to just reverberate the same old stories that some other hack wrote 10 years ago.

I'll concede that the result on the field is mostly the same right now as it has been, and that we are still suffering from all of those the bad personnel decisions made in the past. I'll also concede that until we start winning games and changing people's perception of our team that we will still get hammered in the media. But to hear this garbage coming from a former SB winning HC (who by the way worked with our now current GM Allen and OC Kyle Shanny in TB) ... I expect more insight from him.

Well, it's a true headline. This exact quote of "Redskins embarrassing themselves on primetime" was my facebook status update after the game. It is quite unbelievable how we find a way to screw the pooch whenever the entire nation is watching.

Although I can understand Shanahan/Allen closing the doors to the media today, just to keep the riff raff out, it isn't going to make things any easier for him. He should've just faced the music today, and moved on afterwards.

Nah, I probably would have done the same thing. After a loss like that, where you are so pissed off and ashamed at how a game was played, I'd pretty much want to tell everyone to screw off too, especially the idiotic media. I mean, it's pretty evident it was a royal butt beating, what is there really to talk about?

Archived