Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb doesn't play defense...

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Its funny how people keep saying that Jason Campbell has no receivers in Oakland.

Don't get me wrong, his wrs aren't great. In fact, they're mediocre in terms of performance.

But if you just look at pure talent and ability, they smoke the Redskins' receivers.

The key difference between Oakland's receivers and ours is exemplified by one play tonight.

When Armstrong got behind the defense he was caught.

If that was Jacoby Ford or Heyward-Bey, nobody's catching them.

when mcnabb gets time, he makes plays downfield consistently. campbell could not do that even with all the time in the world. this is why i want mcnabb as this teams QB.

mcnabb leads the entire NFL in big pass plays, and we have a very poor oline at the moment. that should tell all of you something about what mcnabb could be if our oline wasnt very poor right now.

tonight was just horrid tho, all the way through.

Very true...anyone who says the Raiders have "less" than the Redskins is only saying that because they assume the Raiders are still the Raiders so they must still suck and have no talent on the team. Their defense is VERY good and McFadden is better than any RB we have on our roster by a mile. Oh, and their O-Line is a bit better than ours is, too.

Going into tonight, they were giving up 0.4 points per game less than us (which has obviously changed now) and had created 5 less turnovers than us. To say they're winning because of defense and McNabb is hampered by his is, at best, laughable.

Their Line is awful as well. He has Zach Miller and, despite one big game from Jacoby Ford, hasn't had much else. And yet they're scoring about a TD per game more than us. Granted, their running game is much better than ours. But I think people are stretching to justify McNabb's terrible performance.

Going into tonight, they were giving up 0.4 points per game less than us (which has obviously changed now) and had created 5 less turnovers than us. To say they're winning because of defense and McNabb is hampered by his is, at best, laughable.

Their Line is awful as well. He has Zach Miller and, despite one big game from Jacoby Ford, hasn't had much else. And yet they're scoring about a TD per game more than us. Granted, their running game is much better than ours. But I think people are stretching to justify McNabb's terrible performance.

Oakland's defense can get off the field, ours can't. Biggest problem with this board is too many fans are simple-minded and constantly trying to find one or two things to blame when it's really a helluva lot more then that. We scored 28 points tonight, and lost. That only happens when we really suck...

My prediction: Titans won't score 59 points on us. :)

Oakland's defense can get off the field, ours can't. Biggest problem with this board is too many fans are simple-minded and constantly trying to find one or two things to blame when it's really a helluva lot more then that. We scored 28 points tonight, and lost. That only happens when we really suck...

Oakland has been worse on 3rd down than us and has caused fewer turnovers, so no, they don't get off the field better. But I know using facts makes me "simple minded" so I apologize for that.

we have a plethora of problems, its not just one thing:

oline, RB, WR, DL, all are major issues of concern.

im not gonna judge mcnabb until we get him some oline. weve seen him make some ridiculous throws when hes had time, and he needs a consistent pocket. you dont cut ties with the NFL leader in big pass plays. hell someone already said it in another thread, we have like 8 plays of 50 yards, 0 of them are TDs. thats on the receivers, not mcnabb. we have no speed anywhere, we're this slow untalented bunch of castoffs at the moment. were still cleaning up vinnys spilled milk and its gonna take awhile before it gets better.

7-9 is looking more likely at the moment.

Oakland has been worse on 3rd down than us and has caused fewer turnovers, so no, they don't get off the field better. But I know using facts makes me "simple minded" so I apologize for that.

oakland has probably the best run game in the NFL at the moment and one of the best pass defenses in the league, that is why they are winning games. no more or less. campbells playing well because he has a sick run game in front of him, its what allowed him to do well during his 6-2 run here in 2008. its what allowed him to do well in college. most QBs will put up good numbers when they have guys running wild in front of them.

You're looking at the chart on nfl.com backwards. Oakland is #2 in the league in 3rd down defense, right behind the New York Giants.

We could go all day on stats and quatum physics, but if you watch oakland play defense and watch us play defense, you can tell which one is better. I don't know if you have, but I have, so if I was going to call you specifically simple minded, I would have. I do feel you've made up your mind in this argument, so going back and forth on it 2 in the mornin is jus, um, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

You're looking at the chart on nfl.com backwards. Oakland is #2 in the league in 3rd down defense, right behind the New York Giants.

We could go all day on stats and quatum physics, but if you watch oakland play defense and watch us play defense, you can tell which one is better. I don't know if you have, but I have, so if I was going to call you specifically simple minded, I would have. I do feel you've made up your mind in this argument, so going back and forth on it 2 in the mornin is jus, um, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

No, I was looking at ESPN which hasn't updated for this game (as I said, this game will skew everything) and up to this debacle, Washington was 2nd, Oakland 3rd.

I don't care whether you are calling me simple-mided or not, but I will call what you are doing simple-minded. Take all the defensive stats- yards per play, points, turnovers, passer rating against, sacks, 3rd down pct- with these two teams and (again, up to tonight's disaster) you get 2 defenses that are very even. Of course, what you are doing is basically saying 'I don't care about any facts, or evidence, because I say Oakland is better and therefore they are'. And yeah, at the point of those kind of "arguments" saying this is becoming boring is being charitable.

And you're reaching to bash McNabb

I watched the Chiefs-Raiders game and Campbell didn't complete one pass to a receiver for the entire 1st half. His 4 completions were to his Running backs. Heyward-Bey and Jacoby Ford...as mentioned before are top talent that never produced to their potential. Now they are...

The Raiders defense does not give up as much yards as we do if I'm not mistaken. We may get turnovers but if we're allowing teams to run up and down the field it makes no difference. I've said it before and I've said it again...I'll take a team that's good at getting stops and average in turnovers compared to a team that's horrible at stops but good at getting turnovers

No, I was looking at ESPN which hasn't updated for this game (as I said, this game will skew everything) and up to this debacle, Washington was 2nd, Oakland 3rd.

I don't care whether you are calling me simple-mided or not, but I will call what you are doing simple-minded. Take all the defensive stats- yards per play, points, turnovers, passer rating against, sacks, 3rd down pct- with these two teams and (again, up to tonight's disaster) you get 2 defenses that are very even. Of course, what you are doing is basically saying 'I don't care about any facts, or evidence, because I say Oakland is better and therefore they are'. And yeah, at the point of those kind of "arguments" saying this is becoming boring is being charitable.

:ols:

The Raiders passing defense is 2nd in the league in yards allowed. Their run defense is 24th

The Redskins passing defense is 31st in the league in yards allowed. Their run defense is 25th

So what on earth are you talking about? And if McNabb could hit those big plays with our receivers...what would he do with the speed merchants on the Raiders? And a running game that's been showing up ? Come on man...I know you don't like McNabb but I hope you can see your own bias here

Not to say McNabb would be doing GREATT on the Raiders either...but you're really reaching especially considering the opponents we've had to face compared to them

this is more of the same bull**** from Snyder. Win now. With what? This team sucks. The Lions are better than us and proved it. The Rams have a rookie QB that beat the **** out of us. They are better than us and proved it. The Bucs have a bunch of young players and a new coach. They are better than us and will prove it. You can't win now with the same core players that haven't won **** since they have been here. You don't mortgage your draft picks for an aging QB, no matter what his name. Ok unless it's Peyton or Brady. Then, MAYBE.

Someday they will build a good team through the draft. Now.. I can't even GIVE my ****ing tickets away for the rest of the year.

:ols:

The Raiders passing defense is 2nd in the league in yards allowed. Their run defense is 24th

The Redskins passing defense is 31st in the league in yards allowed. Their run defense is 25th

So what on earth are you talking about? And if McNabb could hit those big plays with our receivers...what would he do with the speed merchants on the Raiders? And a running game that's been showing up ? Come on man...I know you don't like McNabb but I hope you can see your own bias here

Not to say McNabb would be doing GREATT on the Raiders either...but you're really reaching especially considering the opponents we've had to face compared to them

JESUS (speaking of simple-minded). I hate having to repeat myself and spell things out.

Coming into tonight:

Yards per play

vs. run Oakland 4.5, Washington 4.6

vs pass Oakland 6.9, Washington 6.8

3rd down pct against

Oakland 32.0, Washingon 31.8

Turnovers

Oakland 14, Washington 19

Sacks

Oakland 27, Washington 18

Pretty even,. So why does Washington give up more TOTAL yards? So many more plays. Why is that? Maybe because the Redskins are dead last on offense in 3rd down pct. You think? Maybe? But I guess that proves McNabb is a superstar somehow.

McNabb was not even close to being the problem tonight. The McNabb extension should not even be a topic for discussion this week. All that we should be talking about is Haslett and his defense, and what is going to be done about that problem.

Thank you and great post! DMac did a good job under constant pressure and hit the bombs beautiful. Hasslett played scared and we paid the price. Please rent a set of balls for the rest of the season and lets play real Professional football from here on out.

You're playing semantics with this "up until this game" BS. Philly dropped 45 on us in the first half, no ones done that to us in 70 years. As of right now, this is OFFICIALLY the worst defense in the NFL. Oakland is #6. Please, just stop it already. You come across as having a vendetta, which makes me not wanna debate with you...

JESUS (speaking of simple-minded). I hate having to repeat myself and spell things out.

Coming into tonight:

Yards per play

vs. run Oakland 4.5, Washington 4.6

vs pass Oakland 6.9, Washington 6.8

3rd down pct against

Oakland 32.0, Washingon 31.8

Turnovers

Oakland 14, Washington 19

Sacks

Oakland 27, Washington 18

Pretty even,. So why does Washington give up more TOTAL yards? So many more plays. Why is that? Maybe because the Redskins are dead last on offense in 3rd down pct. You think? Maybe? But I guess that proves McNabb is a superstar somehow.

:ols: @ you picking and choosing

Tonight's game did not change Oakland from being 2nd in the league in pass defense and overall being better on yards allowed and time on the field

So they're good at yards allowed in certain aspects...and at least good at getting turnovers, and you're comparing that to a team that has ALWAYS been ranked 31st in pass defense despite some turnovers?(Most of which is compiled into a single game). Really???

We do need to do better on 3rd downs..but when you're 31st ranked in pass defense and you've allowed long drives...when you allow 28 points in the 1st quarter and give up a 17 point lead in the 4th....etc. etc., it says that the defense has HUGE issues compared to others. Period..

What I saw tonight from this team....I hope I never see it again. The Redskins were a promising 4-3 three weeks ago but have lost two straight. Even if they get to be above .500, it was be one or two games at best. This team showed absolutely nothing tonight....no fire....no desire...no attitude....no drive. I was ashamed to be a Redskins fan after this game. This same Philly team the Redskins defeated in week 4 took them to the wood shed tonight and spanked them. I admit...there was a lot of fluke plays that went the Eagles way...But the should not have scored 59 points on the Redskins home field. Damn shame!!!

Whats done is done.He is here now for atleast the next 3 if not longer.If u dont like it then dont watch.Ive always been a mcnabb fan.Everyday he gives u a chance to win ON OFFENSE.He didnt give up when moss and cooley and galloway dropped those easy passes.He keeps getting back up and going again.He didnt have to sign here.I hate to say it but he would have went elsewhere and got the same deal.Hell he could have went to arizona and had alot better talent there then he does here.He wanted to be here.The mcnabb haters are always going to hate but if u are a fan of the team then support the team.If u look at his numbers they are very similar to farve minus the ints.Hes a hall of famer.How many nfc championship games did campbell get us?any superbowl trips?hell todd collins led us where campbell couldnt.

U expect too much from him.Like every game u want 300 yards and 3 tds.Sorry this offense is not built for that.we are not the eagles okay.we dont have desean jackson or maclin or mccoy.We have armstrong,galloway and moss.celek is much better then cooley also.talk about overrated.

In the end.Blame the defense.Hell we score 28 points normal days thats a win.Blame kyle shanahan and that great offense.down 21-0 and he runs twice and throws on 3rd and 6 to go.Who did u want mark sanchez?look at his recievers.and defense.U think he would have done good in that offense?U NEED RECIEVERS PEOPLE.QBS CANT WIN BY THEMSELVES.STOP BLAMING MCNABB.

Archived