Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb doesn't play defense...

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

he doesnt need the hogs, or even a good running game. he needs to not have guys in his face on every pass play. hes capable of making big plays, we've seen it already this season. his playaction bootlegs are extremely good, and if our oline could pick up a blitz he'd be playing much better, but they are not at all.

and his short game is fine, hes just inaccurate at times, he was this way in philly when he was making the probowl. we just need some blocking for the guy. hell, hes been making some ridiculous downfield plays WITHOUT blocking, which is why i have no problem giving him more time. imagine how bad our offense would be if mcnabb didnt have the deep ability hes got? we'd be 0-9.

Wow! Look how we have come full circle. I am surprised you have the audacity to use the protection as an excuse. What happened to "A competent QB makes his O-line better?" You stated many times that O-line was not the prime reason for the mediocrity (sp) of this team. You said it was QB play. Now... 2 draft picks and 78 million later... you are using the line as an excuse for ****ty QB play. Dont kid yourself. McNab WAS good. Now... not so much. He has managed to play one good half of football in 9 games. Could he be better with ample protection? Probably. But I would rather have my draft picks back because the level of QB play has not been tangiably better than before.

I voted that I dont support it. But I had a strange thought today on the way to work... could the contract be a ploy to get some value in trade at the end of the season. The guaranteed money is so low, it makes his contract a "no brainer" to pick up for another team... and perhaps we could get the picks we gave up, back. Thoughts?

Renegade7 - I completely agree! I also agree that Hasslett is an idiot and needs to go. I'm tired of his crappy prevent defense every freaking game. We need a lot of help here, but as you said at least we don't have to worry right now about the QB position because there are bigger more glaring needs right now and McNabb is that bad. However, we most definiely need to get one in the next few years so he can develop. I figure that this team right now is 500 at best and I'm OK with that right now. Hail Shanahan and Hail Bruce Allen (in my opinion the best signing we did in the off season)!

Archived