Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb doesn't play defense...

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I was at school when I pulled up the Gamecast and saw us down 35-0 in the first quarter. It wasn't until I got to my dad's house after halftime that I saw what Vick was doing to us and how Philly was basicly destroying our team on national television. If we weren't trying, I'd be pissed, but that wasn't the case tonight. Not at all...

Our offensive line cannot be "coached up"; we need 4 new starters, same as last year. Our WR position is an absolute joke. If we want to be competitive, Santana needs to be no higher then 3 on the depth chart, Armstrong, Iove him, but he needs to be #4; especially after looking at the philly WR core and the rest of the talent they have on offense. I could go all day about not getting any pressure on a Michael Vick playin like Michael Jordan out there, but it really all boils down to this:

TALENT. We don't have it.

And all the coaching in the world and front office shuffling can only do so much for a team that was 4-12 last year. Talking heads are even saying it, this was more Vick being great then us being terrible. But we obviously don't have what we need to keep up with a division rival like Philly right now.

And for anyone that believes that we'll win anything during this rebuilding period without a QB, you are wrong. Having McNabb here gives us a chance to focus on the other glaring holes on this roster without having to get desperate for our future at the most important position in football. For the next 5 years, we at least have something to build around, someone to give weapons to.

And for the record, I don't expect us to let anyone put 59 on us again anytime soon, we don't play Vick until next year. So if you feel like giving up on the redskins, do it now, instead of letting yourself get sucked into the hype and wanting to throw a temper-tantrum because you haven't been really paying attention to the state of the franchise for the last two years.

If it was JC and he had these numbers you guys would be calling for his head. We have the same line as last year. Hell it might be better and we have the same talent. So what I'm saying is I'm tired of the weak a** accuses. Point is this team sucks year after year and it's because of moves like today. We signed a old QB that is on his way down. We also gave up 2 picks for him that we could have used towards young talent. So give me a break on the signing of McNabb. He is not going to make this a winning team. So why in the hell can't we get a young guy that we can at least build off of. The way were going I believe we will have a top 10 pick this year.

McNabb was not even close to being the problem tonight. The McNabb extension should not even be a topic for discussion this week. All that we should be talking about is Haslett and his defense, and what is going to be done about that problem.

I agree Haslett is a big problem. With that being said McNabb has not put a complete game together yet.

I agree Haslett is a big problem. With that being said McNabb has not put a complete game together yet.

McNabb doesn't play defense, and he doesn't call the plays. Tonight, none of this would have mattered. There is no team in the NFL that would have even competed with Vick tonight. The guy was lights out.

What an absolutely ****ty thread title lol :ols:...I tried figuring out how the hell a poll could be used on a thread called "McNabb doesn't play defense"

Glad you approve. : ) I like polling the audience everyone once in a while, see what's up.

But ya, on the JC thing, he isn't a world beater, but with the right people around him he can win games. He did it here, he's doing it in Oakland. No point in pickin at that scab anymore, so enough's enough already...

Glad you approve. : ) I like polling the audience everyone once in a while, see what's up.

But ya, on the JC thing, he isn't a world beater, but with the right people around him he can win games. He did it here, he's doing it in Oakland. No point in pickin at that scab anymore, so enough's enough already...

I thought the poll was gonna have two options: "McNabb doesn't play defense", and "McNabb does play defense" lol...

Better defense, better running game, similar receivers/tight ends.
Bull****, I'd trade our defense for Oakland's any day of the week right now. More with less my ass :doh:

Very true...anyone who says the Raiders have "less" than the Redskins is only saying that because they assume the Raiders are still the Raiders so they must still suck and have no talent on the team. Their defense is VERY good and McFadden is better than any RB we have on our roster by a mile. Oh, and their O-Line is a bit better than ours is, too.

Fault for this loss is NOT MCnabb's! It is 100% defense's fault. True, McNabb had a few bad throws tonight, but as long as he has to run for his life on every play that will continue. Regardless of whom might be the QB. Trent Williams is our only bright spot on the O-line.

Better defense, better running game, similar receivers/tight ends.

His receivers are arguably solid. And I'm not just saying that...they were top picks that never showed their true potential. And Jacoby Ford is EXTREMELY fast...as fast if not faster than Desean Jackson

Jacoby Ford pulled an interception out of the defenders hands for a catch in their last game and yet he gets all the credit

I was imo as fair as I could be with Jason Campbell. But a loss like this? 28 points in the 1st quarter? That kind of domination? No way I would blame Campbell for that loss and to be quite honest I'm not so sure last year's defense would have gotten lit up THIS bad

Very true...anyone who says the Raiders have "less" than the Redskins is only saying that because they assume the Raiders are still the Raiders so they must still suck and have no talent on the team. Their defense is VERY good and McFadden is better than any RB we have on our roster by a mile. Oh, and their O-Line is a bit better than ours is, too.

Not to mention they have the 19th hardest schedule in the league...we have the 5th

Again with the JC/McNabb comparisons?? lol.. McNabb is way WAY down the list of our problems.. Besides the fact that he needs more than 1/2 a second before the pocket collapses on him, the defense is full of gaping holes. We need to somehow get a O line who can give #5 a second to throw. We need a couple WR's who can catch the ball, even if it's not a perfect spiral between the numbers!! And we need to figure out where our defensive players need to be, in order to not get burned constantly.. We do that and were golden! hehee..

After an atrocious outing of our defense this past game, there is really a poll about McNabb deserving an extension? I think the real question is "Does the whole Washington Redskins defense deserve an extension?" Better yet, does Haslett deserve one?

Hell yes McNabb deserves one. We need to groom our next QB with an experienced (good) QB like McNabb. I guess the Skins were suppose to do that with Campbell? Please.

Archived