Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Garrett's already lost the locker room...

tr1

;7955046']But wait' date=' you posted on the Cowboys board that they would beat the Giants. This does not help your case.[/quote']

That's before I read this.

Again, Giants fans are not too bright, but they aren't as annoying as other NFCE fans.

Just sayin'...

I'm going to hold off on speculating. We all thought the Giants would implode because nobody liked coughlin, but I think these tough hard nose coaches that players fear, are the best medicine for undisciplined teams.

Why does everyone assume that the Cowboys players don't like Garrett because he's tough and hard-nosed? lol :ols:...

I'm going to hold off on speculating. We all thought the Giants would implode because nobody liked coughlin, but I think these tough hard nose coaches that players fear, are the best medicine for undisciplined teams.
The Giants did implode because they didn't like Coughlin. There were numerous anonymous reports throughout the 2006 season about what a dictator he was. The veterans in the locker room hated Coughlin. And the team stumbled its way to a disappointing second half and early exit from the playoffs. It got to the point where after the season was over, the ownership ordered Coughlin to lighten up or he would be fired.
I could care less if they like Garrett.
Making the players hate you isn't a recipe for success. Even a hard-ass like Bill Parcells understands that. Or listen to how much Randy Moss wishes he was still a Patriot, after he got a taste of Childress' coaching style.

Quite simple: the Cowboys' players a neither tough, nor hard-nosed.

So what lol :ols:...that doesn't automatically mean that they dislike Garrett because he IS "tough and hard nosed". Afterall, the Vikings players don't hate Childress because he's "hard nosed and tough"...they hate him because he's a weaselly douchebag who "doesn't have their back". Maybe Garrett is a "tough, hard-nosed" coach who is also an extremely arrogant prick and backstabber, and THAT'S why they hate him. Or maybe he's really not all that hard-nosed or tough, and is just simply an arrogant, backstabbing prick lol :D...

So far, Breer has been the only "source" to write of this turmoil in the locker room of people disliking Garrett. I'm not coming out and saying we're going to win against the Giants but I could bet the mortgage the Cowboys won't lay down like they have the last 2.5 games. If you've listened to the player interviews, it seems everyone agrees that this team was undisciplined and Garrett is making his presence known immediately that things are changing. I was fairly skeptical of Garrett, but did agree some change needed ... after listening to how he carries himself in his interviews and listening to Ware, Witten, Brooking, and other various players, I don't care if the players don't "like" him, but from the sound of it they sure do respect him.

There is being tough and then there is just being an *******. You can be the former without the latter.

I think the players dislike Garrett because they know he's one of the reasons they're in this mess and instead of being punished, he got rewarded.

I cannot argue with that angle. More or less, he's going to have to earn his stripes, and that went a long way with the practice on Wednesday. Obviously, I'm not there and cannot comment first hand, however listening to all of the reports(players, coaches, and the local media outlets), the practice yesterday woke people up and even seasoned vets such as Brooking who was a complete Wade loyalist came out and said it was a very intense and productive practice and that's the way things are going to be done from here on out. The biggest thing to remember, the HC dictates how practices are run, not the OC. While the offense hasn't been producing as people expected it to, it may be that they were never put into a situation to succeed. During Wade's tenure, if mistakes were made in practice the practice would resume and they would address those mistakes in the meeting room later .. Garrett is correcting them on the spot and not letting the little things pass by. As I said, I'm not really expecting a win on Sunday or even Garrett going 4-4 for the remainder of the season ... I would just like a reason to continue watching the games instead of watching the Cowboys take the field and playing like they have no heart or self-respect.

That's before I read this.

Again, Giants fans are not too bright, but they aren't as annoying as other NFCE fans.

Just sayin'...

Easy with the insults. I'm not an empty headed Cowboys fan. You just admitted that you made a prediction without all the facts. How the players feel about their new head coach is something very important to take into consideration. Just sayin'.

That being said, the Cowboys are still talented enough where if they put a good week of practice together and play for themselves like the Vikings players are, they can still beat anyone. Not too mention the fact the Giants' OLine is going to be patched up in spots.

Edited: And now I just saw this:

Steve Smith was forced to leave Thursday's practice after straining his pectoral muscle reaching for the ball.

Beat writer Mike Garafolo notes that Smith tried to continue but was unable to practice through the injury. There's no word on the severity just yet, but Smith is being sent for tests. Mario Manningham will be a top-25 fantasy option this week if the injury forces Smith to sit out against the Cowboys. Nov. 11 - 1:42 pm et

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=190016

If Smith can't play, that will play a huge role in this game. He eats the Cowboys alive.

;7956935']Oh well' date=' it looks as if Steve Smith is OUT for the game against the Cowboys and he may even miss the Eagles game. :doh:

Here come the injuries!! :doh:[/quote']

Look for a season-ending injury on Eli... :ols:

Archived