Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please help me with something.

Hubbs

Yeah, thing is, if this doesn't work, then I stop. Period. I really do have to move on at that point. That's what I have to do, so that's what I'll do.

Yeah if its really gnawing at you, you got a do it. Maybe the straightforward way is bet.

I once contacted a girl I hadn't spoken with in ~12 years . We never dated or anything(stupid me) She was surprisingly responive, but alas, already married (with kids)... She sure got a kick out of it though!

Well, I'm glad you appreciate my advice because my husband always tells me I'm full of **** :ols:

Anyway, as for her dating other guys, there is nothing you can do about that nor is there anything you should attempt to do about that. If you are able to talk to her and have a heart to heart and she reciprocates those feelings, that is something that will resolve itself....

So if I win out, I win out, huh? Guess that kinda works...

Yeah if its really gnawing at you, you got a do it. Maybe the straightforward way is bet.

I once contacted a girl I hadn't spoken with in ~12 years . We never dated or anything(stupid me) She was surprisingly responive, but alas, already married (with kids)... She sure got a kick out of it though!

She ain't married. I believe that helps.

Don't call her, bro. It doesn't work. I used to think people that said this to me were just bitter because it didn't work for them. Then I actually got back with an ex. I know its cliche, but there's a reason you are exes. Seriously, move on.

Ehhh, I think I'll take Katie's advice over yours. Although, if you're willing to tell me, I'd be interested in how you got back with her.

It's a bit hard to speculate the seriousness of what you did that facilitated her leaving you here but my best advice would be to ask yourself if she's really the girl for you in the first place? Is this pride talking to you as you attempt to win her back? If it's sincere emotion then by all means, do all you can to get her back. If it's anything less than this, just move on and don't look back. best of luck whatever path you take.

It's a bit hard to speculate the seriousness of what you did that facilitated her leaving you here but my best advice would be to ask yourself if she's really the girl for you in the first place? Is this pride talking to you as you attempt to win her back? If it's sincere emotion then by all means, do all you can to get her back. If it's anything less than this, just move on and don't look back. best of luck whatever path you take.

It's more sincere than you can possibly imagine. It's not pride. I'll denigrate myself in any way if I can get her back. Look, I'm up at 5 AM posting about this stuff. It's sincere. Trust me.

It's more sincere than you can possibly imagine. It's not pride. I'll denigrate myself in any way if I can get her back. Look, I'm up at 5 AM posting about this stuff. It's sincere. Trust me.

Is "sincere" trending towards "obsessed"? That last sentence will have her running for her life. And maybe getting a restraining order in the process.

Okay, so she told me she broke up with me because I didn't like what she does, but it turns out that I do. And I obviously think the real reason was something else. I forgot to ask earlier, I want to know the best way to express this too. Any ideas?

Is "sincere" trending towards "obsessed"? That last sentence will have her running for her life. And maybe getting a restraining order in the process.

Not unless "obsessed" means "trying to get something you want and making other people happy for it." Then, yeah, I'm also "obsessed" about getting Taquitos from 7-11 and wearing my cool new Caps t-shirt. Also, with getting a specific Italian sausage I love from a stand that's outside BC on the weekends. It's very good. Color me obsessed if that's the case.

Eh, be careful.

My advice to you, and it's the only advice I can give you is make sure that you really want to get back with her, and that this isn't just for your ego.

The last thing is this is about is my ego. I'd trash my ego if it worked.

I really do want to get back with her.

The last thing is this is about is my ego. I'd trash my ego if it worked.

I really do want to get back with her.

Then go for it. Period. Stop hemming and hawing, grab your nuts and say, "I am a man" and do whatever it is you need to do to make it happen. :)

First, Useless without pictures.

Second, I agree with TK, Bubble, and McD5.

Don't even waste your time at this point.

Going backwards in life is not typically a good thing.

She is single and not seeking you out for a reason.

Chasing an ex and being desperate is never a good idea.

Hubbs,

All due respect, but why do you need other people to tell you what to do here? You dated her for two years, you know her. You know what she likes and how she likes being approached much better than anyone on this forum does. Just do it if you're going to do it.

I think it's a bad idea, myself, but that's not my call to make. It's yours. I understand you don't want to make any mistakes, so you're looking for reassurance, but the more suggestions you get the less confident you're going to be in your choice. Rely on the fact you know her and make it happen.

Hubbs,

All due respect, but why do you need other people to tell you what to do here? You dated her for two years, you know her. You know what she likes and how she likes being approached much better than anyone on this forum does. Just do it if you're going to do it.

I think it's a bad idea, myself, but that's not my call to make. It's yours. I understand you don't want to make any mistakes, so you're looking for reassurance, but the more suggestions you get the less confident you're going to be in your choice. Rely on the fact you know her and make it happen.

Because while I know her, I apparently didn't know how to reach her, at least not in this way. Call it my ultimate failing, it probably is. I could reach her in many other ways, just not this one. I think I can now.

Because while I know her, I apparently didn't know how to reach her, at least not in this way. Call it my ultimate failing, it probably is. I could reach her in many other ways, just not this one. I think I can now.

Well, the last thing you want to do is come off as a stalker. Not saying you are, but don't come off as too desperate.

IMO, I would just let it go. Cry yourself a river, build a bridge, and get over it. I know it sounds harsh, but its the truth. I haven't talked to any girl I used to date. Once relationships are over, the chances of even maintaining a friendship with someone you were intimately involved with are pretty slim. Come to think of it, all my ex's probably hate my guts.....and the feelings are mutual.

Anyhoot, you're still young. Don't waste your time dwelling on the past. It'll just make things difficult. Good luck.

Not yet. The reasons are gone, or at least I believe they are. I want to find out if I'm right.

I mean, I never stopped being head over heels. I can't just give up yet. If I have to move on, then fine, I will. I just want to see if I might not have to.

Do what makes you happy bro. And dont be afraid to call and talk to her. A closed mouth doesnt get fed.

Well, the last thing you want to do is come off as a stalker. Not saying you are, but don't come off as too desperate.

IMO, I would just let it go. Cry yourself a river, build a bridge, and get over it. I know it sounds harsh, but its the truth. I haven't talked to any girl I used to date. Once relationships are over, the chances of even maintaining a friendship with someone you were intimately involved with are pretty slim. Come to think of it, all my ex's probably hate my guts.....and the feelings are mutual.

Anyhoot, you're still young. Don't waste your time dwelling on the past. It'll just make things difficult. Good luck.

Haha, don't worry, if this doesn't work, I'll be building myself a bridge. I haven't talked with any of my exes, either, or stalked them (:ols:), but it's not because I hate their guts. I still like and respect each of my exes. There's just no reason for me to talk with them anymore... except her. She'll be getting a phone call pretty soon. I'm almost ready.

Not unless "obsessed" means "trying to get something you want and making other people happy for it." Then, yeah, I'm also "obsessed" about getting Taquitos from 7-11 and wearing my cool new Caps t-shirt. Also, with getting a specific Italian sausage I love from a stand that's outside BC on the weekends. It's very good. Color me obsessed if that's the case.

If you are willing to denigrate yourself in anyway to get that stuff. If you want those things "more than anyone can imagine". If you wake at 5am to ask other people advice on how to get that t-shirt then yeah...give me the "obsessed" crayon because that is how someone that thinks along those lines should be colored.

1. to dominate or preoccupy the thoughts, feelings, or desires of (a person); beset, trouble, or haunt persistently or abnormally: Suspicion obsessed him.

–verb (used without object)

to think about something unceasingly or persistently; dwell obsessively upon something.

Looks like you are endanger of trending that way.

It isn't the fact that you want to give it another go with an ex. As many people have said that rarely works but hey I've given it a shot in the past also.

If you are willing to denigrate yourself in anyway to get that stuff. If you want those things "more than anyone can imagine". If you wake at 5am to ask other people advice on how to get that t-shirt then yeah...give me the "obsessed" crayon because that is how someone that thinks along those lines should be colored.

1. to dominate or preoccupy the thoughts, feelings, or desires of (a person); beset, trouble, or haunt persistently or abnormally: Suspicion obsessed him.

–verb (used without object)

to think about something unceasingly or persistently; dwell obsessively upon something.

Looks like you are endanger of trending that way.

It isn't the fact that you want to give it another go with an ex. As many people have said that rarely works but hey I've given it a shot in the past also.

But I'm not doing anything to her. It's not an obsession with doing stuff to her. That's the last thing I want to do. If it comes to making one phone call one time to her, then yes, I have an obsession with that. I still love her, dude. One phone call? You're really hating on that? Can you please stop criticizing me for this? I'm not stalking her, I'm not watching her, I'm not following her. We all have our obsessions. What's yours? Do you love someone? Have a crush? Think someone's hot? Want to just talk with them? Maybe I should start hating on that, too.

But I'm not doing anything to her. It's not an obsession with doing stuff to her. That's the last thing I want to do. If it comes to making one phone call one time to her, then yes, I have an obsession with that. I still love her, dude. One phone call? You're really hating on that? Can you please stop criticizing me for this? I'm not stalking her, I'm not watching her, I'm not following her. We all have our obsessions. What's yours? Do you love someone? Have a crush? Think someone's hot? Want to just talk with them? Maybe I should start hating on that, too.

If you come here looking for advice then you may want to prepare yourself for getting some. I didn't ask for advice here...you did.

Not hating on one phone call at all. Not hating on you trying to get back with her. Actually not hating on anything at all. Cautioning about coming across as obsessed. The words you used, and I quoted, appear to be trending toward obsessed. "More than anyone can imagine". "I will denigrate myself in any way".

If you come here looking for advice then you may want to prepare yourself for getting some. I didn't ask for advice here...you did.

Not hating on one phone call at all. Not hating on you trying to get back with her. Actually not hating on anything at all. Cautioning about coming across as obsessed. The words you used, and I quoted, appear to be trending toward obsessed. "More than anyone can imagine". "I will denigrate myself in any way".

Of course I'm obsessed with something. Jesus. Again, everyone is. My little sister's obsession is Pitt U. My obsession is a damn phone call. Sure seems like you're saying that's something bad. If you loved someone, wouldn't you try to get them back if you lost them?

Here's your crayon. Color me in.

Of course I'm obsessed with something. Jesus. Again, everyone is. My little sister's obsession is Pitt U. My obsession is a damn phone call. Sure seems like you're saying that's something bad. If you loved someone, wouldn't you try to get them back if you lost them?

Here's your crayon. Color me in.

Good luck to you. To answer your question....I would try to get them back. I would not be willing to denigrate myself in any way to do so. (Hopefully your sister wouldn't for Pitt U either)

Archived