Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please help me with something.

Hubbs

I've run into a little bit of a problem lately, and I'd like your help, which will be very easy to give. I just need to figure out how to say something to someone. It's going to sound a little crazy, but bear with me, it's actually pretty simple. See, I'm trying to win back an old girlfriend, and I believe I've fixed the reasons she broke up with me. I just need to figure out what I can say to her to get enough time to show her that I've fixed those reasons. (No, one of those reasons was not the damn sleeping thing. :pfft: She actually agreed with me on that one, oddly enough.) I know, I know, she might still not be interested anyway. If I fail, I fail. I'll have to move on. But I at least want to try. She's at least single right now, which helps. And we dated for almost two years, so that helps.

(I know, another relationship thread on ES, right?)

Anyway, what do you think I could say to her to get that time if it's the first time I've talked with her in two years? I need to kind of surprise her and placate her at the same time, so to speak.

Just say it in this thread and send her a link!

Seriously, I'd go the direct and totally up front and honest route

Well, I don't think some thread on a message board will work. ;)

I know what you mean, though. Thing is, I'm afraid she might not want to listen to that because she'll feel like she's already done with me. I need something even shorter.

Well first of all, how are you planning to approach her? Are you going to call her out of the blue? Invite her to dinner or what?

I'll invite her to something. Whatever she wants, honestly. I'll buy her a candy bar if that's what I need to do. (Although I'm obviously gonna go the dinner route first. :ols: )

See, I'm trying to win back an old girlfriend, and I believe I've fixed the reasons she broke up with me. I just need to figure out what I can say to her to get enough time to show her that I've fixed those reasons. .

Just because the symptoms are gone, doesn't mean the herpes are gone.

So you haven't talked to her in two years and are trying to get a date?

I guess just call her and say how you just wanted to see how she was doing...bring up the things you used to do when you all were together. I don't know but this sounds like its gonna be one of those conversations that flows nicely if she is happy to hear from you and then you should have plans in no time. I don't know the circumstances really.

Do you live in the DC area? Is she into politics? If so, I highly recommend taking her to see capital steps. I went and was laughing my ass off the whole time. A great date after dinner

FWIW, she doesn't have to be into politics, as long as she has been paying attention to current events she will get the jokes.

So you haven't talked to her in two years and are trying to get a date?

I guess just call her and say how you just wanted to see how she was doing...bring up the things you used to do when you all were together. I don't know but this sounds like its gonna be one of those conversations that flows nicely if she is happy to hear from you and then you should have plans in no time. I don't know the circumstances really.

Do you live in the DC area? Is she into politics? If so, I highly recommend taking her to see capital steps. I went and was laughing my ass off the whole time. A great date after dinner

FWIW, she doesn't have to be into politics, as long as she has been paying attention to current events she will get the jokes.

Interesting idea. Thanks. I'll mull that one over.

"Does this smell like chloroform to you?"

:ols:

No no, I'm not drugging her. :pfft:

Move on to the next one Hubbs.

There is a reason you two split, and it will become evident after spending any time with her again.

Get out tonight to your local happy hour, and find the next one.

Not yet. The reasons are gone, or at least I believe they are. I want to find out if I'm right.

I mean, I never stopped being head over heels. I can't just give up yet. If I have to move on, then fine, I will. I just want to see if I might not have to.

I believe I've fixed the reasons she broke up with me. I just need to figure out what I can say to her to get enough time to show her that I've fixed those reasons.

There is nothing wrong with you. Her loss. You don't want to be in a relationship where you think you aren't, or weren't, good enough for her.

Two hours at your local happy hour tonight, and I promise that you will fall in love or lust with at least two or three different women.

Well, if a guy did this to me I would probably respond best if he groveled in front of me first. Kidding.

No, I would be completely straight up with her. Tell her you really screwed the pooch when you guys were dating. You've taken a step back and evaluated the reasons she broke up with you and realized SHE WAS RIGHT (you must emphasize how right she was) and you have worked on these issues and believe you've solved them and/or are still working on them. You should then tell her how much you've been berating yourself for screwing up such a good thing in your life and you would do anything to win her back and show her you've changed. ANYTHING. Including sharing a bed. Hahaha, kidding on the last one.

But seriously, I would emphasize how much you screwed up, how awesome she is, and the specific changes you have made. Don't just say "I've changed." Tell her exactly what you've done to change.

Good luck! :D

There is nothing wrong with you. Her loss. You don't want to be in a relationship where you think you aren't, or weren't, good enough for her.

Two hours at your local happy hour tonight, and I promise that you will fall in love or lust with at least two or three different women.

Of course there's something wrong with me. There's something wrong with everyone. I'm certainly not perfect, and she isn't, either.

And yeah, I actually do want to be in that relationship. I wasn't good enough for her. I fixed it. That would make me happy.

I'm already in lust with other women. I don't care. I guess I'll enjoy them while I'm not with her, I'm sure she's enjoyed other guys since me. Everybody's in lust with someone other than their SO. Gotta get over it, unless you want to be a cheating ****. Well, also unless your SO is into threesomes, in which case, well, good for you. :ols:

Well, if a guy did this to me I would probably respond best if he groveled in front of me first. Kidding.

No, I would be completely straight up with her. Tell her you really screwed the pooch when you guys were dating. You've taken a step back and evaluated the reasons she broke up with you and realized SHE WAS RIGHT (you must emphasize how right she was) and you have worked on these issues and believe you've solved them and/or are still working on them. You should then tell her how much you've been berating yourself for screwing up such a good thing in your life and you would do anything to win her back and show her you've changed. ANYTHING. Including sharing a bed. Hahaha, kidding on the last one.

But seriously, I would emphasize how much you screwed up, how awesome she is, and the specific changes you have made. Don't just say "I've changed." Tell her exactly what you've done to change.

Good luck! :D

Right, but I have to get her to let me say it first. Should I just kind of find her and say that she was right, and I'd like to tell her why? Goddamnit, now I'm being LeBron James. What should I do? :ols:

IWhatever she wants, honestly. I'll buy her a candy bar if that's what I need to do.

I think that's a fine sentiment to say right there.

Tell that you've really been trying to figure out the best way to approach her, tell her it's because it's important to you, so much so that you don't want to make a mistake before you get a chance to say to her what you want. But be careful,, being too cryptic puts her guard up.

Ask her if she'll meet you for a drink somewhere so you can just talk. Tell her you miss her.

You've been very sincere here, I'd say take the things you've said to us and work that way.

~Bang

How do you know this? He might have really EFFED something up, or had issues that needed to be worked on.

I think that's a fine sentiment to say right there.

Tell that you've really been trying to figure out the best way to approach her, tell her it's because it's important to you, so much so that you don't want to make a mistake before you get a chance to say to her what you want. But be careful,, being too cryptic puts her guard up.

Ask her if she'll meet you for a drink somewhere so you can just talk. Tell her you miss her.

You've been very sincere here, I'd say take the things you've said to us and work that way.

~Bang

Hmmm. Yeah, maybe that would work after all.

How do you know this? He might have really EFFED something up, or had issues that needed to be worked on.

I did. Remember the alcoholism? Yeah, that tends to drive people away. :doh:

I actually think that's ultimately why she broke up with me, which would have been a pretty damn good reason. She just couldn't tell me because she thought it would be too harsh. Well, now I've fixed it. Now I can get to sleep without alcohol, thank God.

Hmmm. Yeah, maybe that would work after all.

Well, realize you're not trying to trick her, right?

Ask her somewhere that she's not obligated for a whole evening,, a snack is a good start. Even a little walk. If she listens, then you guys can go get some dinner and talk further.

Be sincere and be willing to listen to her, too. She's bound to have issues to resolve as well.

~Bang

Well, realize you're not trying to trick her, right?

Ask her somewhere that she's not obligated for a whole evening,, a snack is a good start. Even a little walk. If she listens, then you guys can go get some dinner and talk further.

Be sincere and be willing to listen to her, too. She's bound to have issues to resolve as well.

~Bang

Obviously. I'd never want to trick her. Unless we're talking about a funny prank. :ols:

What do you mean by the snack part? I should literally go the candy bar route?

Archived