Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Definite Need on O-Line - A Stud Center

3 Rings

I have been watching Casey Rabach for several years and, though he was a major upgrade when we got him, it looks like his talent and value is in free-fall. I have seen him single-handedly destroy drives in past years. Today cemented my opinion on him. I saw an aging center being MAN HANDLED by younger, stronger and more talented players. He knew it also as it clearly effected his play. (holding calls, stepping back too early on McNabb's foot, etc)

Don't get me wrong, we need other positions shored up. I am not a gloom and doom guy either. We are on the come as a team and we are getting better talent-wise. The center issue is just a glaring problem for me right now.

Looking at the draft, there's Stephan Wisniewski at Penn State and a few others. I personally beleive Logan Mankins will be a Redskin next year and will be our left guard. That is also a need but OC needs to be pretty high on the list.

Can anyone make a case FOR Rabach? Is center just one of those positions where you don't really address it?

Rabach was definitely an upgrade over Cory Raymer especially coming off the Ravens super bowl team but now this guy is old, washed up, and weak. He gets blown up at the point of attack no matter who lines up against him. He admits hes a dirty player and costs us with dumb penalties every now and then.

On the other hand nobody on this team is better than him at center, I rather not waste a draft pick on a center so we'll just see who is available come free agency time, preferably somebody who doesn't get owned by DTs like Jay Ratliff even with help.

Our whole O Line sucks as I see it all we have is Trent Williams everybody else has to go.

Weve been saying this all year. Fricken Racbach just goes backwards every play, embarrassing. and were not going to perform in this offense with the interior of this line. Hopefully they get it and pick 2 O-lineman out of their first 3 picks if the value is there in the draft. I don't care if its there 1st , 2nd or 5th round pick, starts with the core. Its not going to happen over night anyways. Were not a playoff team and probbably won't be till 2012 season. Hopefully by than we will be a playoff caliber team.

Center and Guard is a priority going into next year. My hope is that Mike Williams is capable at guard and Logan Mankins will come here (I really, really hope so) and we can focus our resources on a center and probably a right tackle.

Yep, in my opinion, we need 4 new starters along the OL over the next two years unless Lichtensteiger has a future here. I think Brown has been a bust, Rabach certainly needs to go, and Hicks should be a backup. Williams is doing OK for a rookie and having the expected up-and-down type of season, but I'm confident he'll progress.

Best case scenario is that Williams is a bookend, Capers pans out, Lichtensteiger can be a solution at guard or center, and BMW comes back healthy next year. If that happens, I think you have Hicks and BMW as depth, but still need to add 2 very good starters!

I agree that Rabach needs to be replaced. He only got the Offensive player of the year last year due to the fact he didn't miss a game and not because he was that good. He gets owned on a regular basis and due to his poor blitz pick ups our QB gets killed. Every team we play our O-line makes them look like a great defense and the same way with our defense. We need to draft O-line and get depth. Get rid of Heyer, Rabach, and Lichtsteiger. They are liabilities and are hurting this team.

I don't know I like Rabach. I think he's doing a good job....

He's not. He's getting blown back into McNabb. He's getting defeated at the point of attack.

In general:

People seem to forget about Mike Williams. He was supposed to be our starting guard this year and Hicks was supposed to be playing tackle. I wonder if Williams is good enough to really help us out? Certainly hope so.

He's not. He's getting blown back into McNabb. He's getting defeated at the point of attack.

In general:

People seem to forget about Mike Williams. He was supposed to be our starting guard this year and Hicks was supposed to be playing tackle. I wonder if Williams is good enough to really help us out? Certainly hope so.

check out his sig KDawg. ;)

The interior of our OL is in shambles, and its what we should have addressed this past offseason. I hope we do so next year, if it's through FA and/or the draft. We're not going to do anything offensively without it.

check out his sig KDawg. ;)

The interior of our OL is in shambles, and its what we should have addressed this past offseason. I hope we do so next year, if it's through FA and/or the draft. We're not going to do anything offensively without it.

"Turnstile" Rabach should retire now. He's terrible and has been terrible for years. He keeps getting exposed and its embarrassing

Hicks....Wow, he got used and abused also today. I sure hope they can find some guys during the bye week. :mad:

A QB can survive a defensive end getting lose if he can step up in the pocket and make a throw. But when your middle is being caved in you are forced to roll to a side which greatly limits what throws are now available. Also in the zone blocking scheme the center is the key block because he creates the cut back lane on the stretch plays. Our backs are forced to try and get around the edge because the cut back lane has collapsed. I said this weeks ago, but Rabach is single-handedly destroying our offense. He has help in Hicks, but he is the main culprit in my opinion.

Archived