Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Modest Proposal to Fire Jim Haslett

Hubbs

The Skins D is hitting harder than ever. NO ONE wants to play them. Receivers are scared to lay out. When he has the personnel he needs, Haslett will prove you wrong.
Do I really have to bring up that this is a new scheme, we're only 6 games into the season and that the players on this team are what he was dealt?

Dude...

Firing is a bit knee-jerk for my taste.

But he needs to be called on the carpet for waiting until the Colts 3rd to last series to play press-man coverage across the board.

Criminally dumb mistake.

The flip side we dropped 4 picks.

You would be brain dead to fire any coach this early in the season. Our defense gave us the chance to win it, we came up short. On 3rd and 1 we had no business calling a pitch out sweep when we were hammering off tackle all night. That 1st down could have changed the game but too late now.
No, Jim called a good game tonight. Manning runs the hurry up only against the best defenses. Haslett should be fine as long he stay consistent and as long he has these players playing for him.

lol, wow... right over their heads, huh? :ols:

Are you F-in kidding me starting this thread? You deserve to be banned just for being an idiot. How many times tonight were our players in the right position to make an interception only the player didnt come down with it..... I got news for you 4 times! How you can blame the coach is beyond me. So what if we gave up yards in past years we didnt give up yards but ended up 4-12 how can u say that is better? Starting a thgread like this only shows u know jack about football. So many times tonight i thought the colts were gonna show up on this drive and start to blow us away only for our defense to give up 0 points. I"m sure u would love to go bakc to the Greg Blache defense who gave up minimal yards but allowed to colts to blow us out. EVen Peyton said earlier this week there isnt one defensive coach in the nfl who will trade you yards for points.

I agree with your points but to play devil's advocate, the skins d also makes very mediocre qbs look like Peyton Manning.

Thats because everytime we blitz we cant get to the qb. No matter who we are playing. 1st year in a new offense and new defense. We are going to take some lumps. Just need to be more consistent and get the proper personnel for the scheme. we only won 4 games last year. we arent great but the future is bright

Is that Jim's fault his DBs can't catch INTs that most DBs in the league would have? Nope.

Is it Jim's fault that offense did absolutely nothing with the 4 turnovers they were given? Nope.

Take the blinders off kids.

Edit: To make this clear, this was more to the audience of those wishing to actually fire Jim Haslett, not the OP.

I recommend all of you reacting to the OP google Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal." You might learn something.

Guess ES isn't a place of literary genius huh?

The defense didn't have it's best game today IMO, but they never stopped fighting and gave us a chance. The big hits and turnovers gave us 10 points and momentum shifts. The only problem was we should have had 3 more turnovers to the 3 we already had.

The offense also needed to do a better job of turning those opportunities to points. McNabb has been great this year, but he missed a wide open Fred Davis when he went long, and that did cost us. We probably wouldn't have been in the game with Campbell back there, but he (McNabb) did make his mistakes.

And Gano missed a key FG... this is pretty much a team loss.

Are you F-in kidding me starting this thread? You deserve to be banned just for being an idiot. How many times tonight were our players in the right position to make an interception only the player didnt come down with it..... I got news for you 4 times! How you can blame the coach is beyond me. So what if we gave up yards in past years we didnt give up yards but ended up 4-12 how can u say that is better? Starting a thgread like this only shows u know jack about football. So many times tonight i thought the colts were gonna show up on this drive and start to blow us away only for our defense to give up 0 points. I"m sure u would love to go bakc to the Greg Blache defense who gave up minimal yards but allowed to colts to blow us out. EVen Peyton said earlier this week there isnt one defensive coach in the nfl who will trade you yards for points.

I hope you aren't serious. Seriously.

Lol, you people are killing me, read the OP.

Archived