Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star-Telegram Moss still has a chip on his shoulder for the Cowboys, hasnt forgotten being slighted

bishtw

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10/13/2545129/moss-forgives-but-not-about-to.html

Minnesota Vikings receiver Randy Moss still can't let it go.

The anger has subsided, but he has not forgotten.

And he will never completely forgive owner Jerry Jones for leading him to believe the Dallas Cowboys would draft him with the eighth overall pick in 1998.

The Cowboys, citing character concerns, passed on Moss and chose defensive end Greg Ellis eighth overall......

Are you still mad at the Cowboys?

I always carry a certain chip on my shoulder for the Cowboys. Not as much, but I'm still ready to play some football. In a certain sense, yes, but you let bygones be bygones. At the same time, I've still got that chip.

Is that why you play so well against the Cowboys?

It's a little added motivation. I don't really try to go out there and disrespect the Dallas Cowboys organization or say anything negative about Jerry Jones and what he's accomplished there. I think as far as playing within the white lines, within the rules, I still take it to heart. It's just a game, and I just try to go out there and compete every time I play the Cowboys.

Why is that chip a little bigger for the Cowboys than the other teams that passed on you? I think it's the way that on draft day, my expectations of how I thought the draft was going to go and the feelings and the facial expressions that were on my mom's face. She really had her hopes set on me going to Dallas because of all the conversation when I came back from visiting Dallas. I told my mom I might be a Cowboy, so she had her mind set on Dallas just as I did. When they didn't pick me, I was kind of more depressed because she was more depressed, and I took that to heart. Just seeing her facial expression and how she looked, I really took that to heart. I told myself any time I play the Dallas Cowboys I'm never going to forget that look.

What convinced you that you would be a Cowboy?

When I was there, I didn't do the normal things that the rest of the guys did. I was trying to find out my itinerary for that night, and Jerry Jones told me I was going to skip what the plans were for that night and I was going to have a town car take me over to Deion Sanders' house because he wanted to talk to me. So I thought that was just a way of them telling me we really want you, we're thinking about drafting you. I don't think Deion was really talking about me becoming a Dallas Cowboy, but just more about football and life in general. Then he just told me how bad the organization wanted me and he thought that me coming there would benefit everybody and things like that. The love that I received and the conversations that I had for those 48 hours had me believing that I was going to be a Dallas Cowboy up till draft day."

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10/13/2545129/moss-forgives-but-not-about-to.html#ixzz12JsxMbJ2

Hopefully Farve's injured elbow isn't that bad, I would just love to watch Moss tear up the pukes DB's. Dallass will have to pick their poison with who they double with AP, Moss, and Percy Harvin.

On a side bar would you take the over/under of 5 ints combined between Favre and Romo sits to pee in this game?

as a skins fan we should be very relieved they didnt draft him.

True, they were also positioned and everyone thought they were gonna draft RB S.Jax. Glad they didn't pull the trigger on both. Even better that Moss is still pissed and hopefully eats their lunch.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10/13/2545129/moss-forgives-but-not-about-to.html

Are you still mad at the Cowboys?

I always carry a certain chip on my shoulder for the Cowboys. Not as much, but I'm still ready to play some football. In a certain sense, yes, but you let bygones be bygones. At the same time, I've still got that chip.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10/13/2545129/moss-forgives-but-not-about-to.html#ixzz12JsxMbJ2

Are you mad at the Cowboys for not drafting you?

No, not at all, I mean yes a little- I still hate them, but its all in the past and I certainly don't hate them, but to answer your question, yes I hate them.

Are you mad at the Cowboys for not drafting you?

No, not at all, I mean yes a little- I still hate them, but its all in the past and I certainly don't hate them, but to answer your question, yes I hate them.

He holds grudges longer than my wife! Course, one shouldn't need an excuse/reason to hate the cowboys.

I can't stand Randy Moss about as much as I can't stand the Cowboys. Nobody cares what that he has a chip on his shoulder. Many other teams bypassed him in the draft too. Why was that? Probably cause of character issues, which ironically is the reason why he can't stay on one team.

We all know that Favre will chuck for 300+, 3 TD's and 0 picks all while "Favre rallies the troops and gives Vikes hope"

And the headlines of: "Dallas drops to 1-4"

But within the article the author will inevitably write something like: "But they are extremely talented and are poised to head to the Super Bowl, still, despite their struggles".

Sorry, TN41, you're one of the good Poke posters, but it's almost inevitable that someone says something along those lines :ols:

Man, could you image if they had drafted Moss. We were lucky . . . . .

I am glad they did not get him from the Pats either. They already wasted so many picks on Williams, they could never do it.

Roy Williams - 1st, 3rd and 6th rounder in 2009, and a 7th rounder in 2010.

Randy Moss - 3rd rounder. :ols:

Archived