Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest Factor Against the Colts? Brandon Banks

playoffsplz

Clearly, Brandon Banks is one of the reasons the Skins are 2-0 in their last two games. Field position is everything in an NFL game. Especially when you have McNabb behind center.

Special teams is highly underrated. You always hear about what the defense and offense did right or wrong, but rarely the special teams. Ask San Diego about it: It's the biggest reason they are 2-3.

Indianapolis is ranked 19th in Opponents Punt Returns with 7 punts for 99 yards. That's an average of 14.1 yards...which is ranked 29th.

Maybe that doesn't mean much. Mainly because the Colts rarely have to punt, but here is something to consider:

Banks is averaging 20.3 yards punt returning ( 6 attempts for 122 yards).That's third behind Lance Moore (21) and Darren McCluster (23.7).

We all know how good, and fast, McCluster appears to be. So how did he fair against the Colts?

McCluster averaged 23.5 yards on kick returns Sunday ( 6 attempts for 141 yards). It appears the Chiefs gave him Kick Return duties as well, since he only has 9 attempts for the year. He had no punt returns because the Colts only punted once, and it was a touchback.

My opinion is that the Colts are clearly vulnerable on special teams, and if Banks is being given to chance to return both kick and punt returns on Sunday night....I think there is a good chance he might break one. If our defense steps up, and Banks gets the opportunity to return a few punts, I can really see it happening.

If anything he's going to have a great opportunity to set up McNabb with good field position all day.

:2cents::logo:

Remember when ARE took a punt return to the house the last time we played the Colts? It was right before halftime and it put us up 14-13. Unfortunately, the Colts made halftime adjustments and we got demolished in the second half.

As for Banks, keep in mind his Achilles heel: his ball security. I think he's done a lot to address that problem, and hopefully that won't rear its ugly head any time soon.

I know numbers don't mean a whole lot. You can look to our Defense for that, but you could suggest that Colts are vulnerable to a big return simply because they rarely have to cover it. I don't know the numbers, but I doubt the Colts have to punt very much, if at all, in a game.

I bet if McCluster had the chance to return a few punts, that game would have turned out differently for the Chiefs.

He will break one this week...call it a hunch

Mainly cause I want to see the J Wall dance again

yeah but it will get called back for a BS penalty. anyone that thinks we got hosed by the stripes against green bay is going to have their feelings really hurt when peyton and the rest of the nfl darlings come to town.

I like how he runs north-south. He does it really fast too. You would think a guy his size would be pretty freaked out about running up field with a bunch of giants in different jerseys trying to kill him. Whatever happens, I hope our D plays well and Banks has a lot of opportunities to return punts. He has a chance to break one against any team.

anyone that thinks we got hosed by the stripes against green bay is going to have their feelings really hurt

Where you been son, we damn sure're used to it. Redskin Nation became numb to this years ago, anymore - it's just more **** to work through for the win.

Field position is everything. One reason I was so pissed when we cut Brian.

Remember Ice Cube's Friday... You Can't See Me Banks!

Kid got hella jets.

yeah but it will get called back for a BS penalty. anyone that thinks we got hosed by the stripes against green bay is going to have their feelings really hurt when peyton and the rest of the nfl darlings come to town.

Only option is to knock Manning out of the game altogether then. Cleanly, of course. Treat him like the Saints treated Favre in the NFCCG. And hope it works.

Only option is to knock Manning out of the game altogether then. Cleanly, of course. Treat him like the Saints treated Favre in the NFCCG. And hope it works.

:ols: That was our gameplan last time we played him, and it worked, for a half at least. All he did was carve us up in the second half to the tune of four straight touchdown drives.

:ols: That was our gameplan last time we played him, and it worked, for a half at least. All he did was carve us up in the second half to the tune of four straight touchdown drives.

Wow I completely forgot about that. We pretty much pummelled him to the point where I thought he was foolishly remaining in the game. His face looked like a tomato when he took his helmet off and sure enough, he came back and embarrassed us. Precious memories...

We have an actual QB now, though, is the difference, we might stand a chance if we have to exchange a couple of scores late in the game.

Plus, it's not like aside from Wayne, those receivers are all glue-handed. Garcon has had problems with drops and none of them is built (aside from Clark) in a way to withstand blows or bumping the way, say, the Texans or Packers are.

playoffsplz, stop eating wall candy. :ols: Banks has been a surprise and will continue to be one until he gets a case of the fumbles again. Then he will be the goat of the forum.

The biggest factor in the game against the Colts will be the Offensive Line and how well they protect McNabb and how well they allow the team to run the ball down Indys throat.

well at least we are leading the universe in "tenderizing" the opposing offense. we need to be physical with all their skill players and ***** slap them like the pretty boy team they are.

Archived