Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Anticipation and Excitment of Brandon Banks

armada58

What's with all this fumble risks talk?? The guy as a couple fumbles in the pre-season and all of a sudden he's a fumble risk? He also had a punt return TD in the pre-season. Everyone in the NFL is a fumble risk jeesh.. Banks is the man and he is truly electrifying. Best thing that has happened to our special teams in years!

I'm giddy of the possibilities of what we could see with Banks. It really put a smile on my face when the Pack stopped kicking to him towards the end of the game. I can't remember last time we had something like that.

oh yea or last week everytime Banks touched the ball the Eagles crowd was quiet as a mouse...lol He had their respect after the first return..lol

He should work out on that LaRon Landry plan. I mean, he put on like 20-25 pounds of muscle this offseason and he's still easily the fastest person on our defense. lol

Either way, Brandon Banks makes me excited to see the opponent punt/kickoff to us. Something I haven't seen in quite a while for Washington.

RMC

He's electric, but I've been most impressed with his decision making on short punts. He's either picked it up when he needed to, or called off his teammates.

As long as he's protecting the ball and not trying to do too much, any extra yardage we get out of him is icing on the cake for me. It's been a while since we've had a threat to take it to the house back there.

my buddy who i watch games with even made a statement about how it wont be long till this kid breaks loose and takes one to the house.... i cant wait cause we all know it is gonna happen soon....

Yup, mine said the same thing.

Watch Desean Jackson on punt returns.

Looks half as fast as Banks.

Banks speed on the field is something special, for sure. Like I said earlier...a whole 'nother gear.

I made a prediction before today's game & no reason to change it now. I told my buddy, mark my words, he WILL take one to the house in the next three weeks. BB, you got two games to prove me right!! Love this kid....

I'll go ahead and call it early, I think he'll take one back int he Colts game next Sunday, the Colts have fielded one of the worst Special teams coverage units for the past 4-5 years now.

On his last punt in the fourth quarter, he wanted to return it real bad. He was in our end zone and he was so psyched to take it to the house. The fans were cheering for him and he returned the enthusiasm. You could just feel the energy from him. He wanted it so bad. But the damn ball went into the end zone.

Nothing better than to see an athlete who WANTS the ball in his hands to make a difference. I love watching this kid from the end zone because I can see his lanes. He has come so close several times running it all the way back. It's going to come....very soon.

And anyone remember all those fair catches that Phil Buchanon kept calling in the first two games? He never ran the ball back. Banks, he turns the same punts into 20-30 yard scampers.

Or 63 yarders that get called back :(

Just remember all the upside, peeps, should the negative play rear its ugly head. We all know the risk. But the reward is clearly worth it.

Just saying, because everyone loves the great story. I'm as excited as everyone else. I'm just steeling myself for that moment when people react with toldja and yep, the dude's too small.

Clearly a game-changer. High risk, high reward.

Don't overlook this though either: (From the Redskins Blog)

"What was more surprising was how close Banks came to blocking field goals. He lined up on the end for Mason Crosby's last three field goal attempts and used his ridiculous speed to come around the side and get within split seconds of the ball on two of those.

'I think he actually missed the two that I got close on," Banks said, "so I feel like I kinda contributed a little bit. But, you know, I gotta get there and block the whole thing next time.' In the picture above, the ball has pretty much just left the frame; that's how close he was."

Or 63 yarders that get called back :(

Although at the time I wanted us to have that return, I am satisfied with the outcome of the game. Everything in every game is situational. Who knows, maybe we would have scored too quickly and given GB the opportunity to have a couple more chances to win

Don't overlook this though either: (From the Redskins Blog)

"What was more surprising was how close Banks came to blocking field goals. He lined up on the end for Mason Crosby's last three field goal attempts and used his ridiculous speed to come around the side and get within split seconds of the ball on two of those.

'I think he actually missed the two that I got close on," Banks said, "so I feel like I kinda contributed a little bit. But, you know, I gotta get there and block the whole thing next time.' In the picture above, the ball has pretty much just left the frame; that's how close he was."

Man...I never even saw that during the game. Imagine if he became a ST's beast on BOTH sides...it's possible. For sure.

Although at the time I wanted us to have that return, I am satisfied with the outcome of the game. Everything in every game is situational. Who knows, maybe we would have scored too quickly and given GB the opportunity to have a couple more chances to win

That's very true.

I actually think about that all the time, but then stop myself because the possibilities are endless.

Like when people discuss "if we had drafted this guy over DT or Kelly"...I think....every single game from then on would be changed for pretty much the entire NFL. Rosters would be different. Game plans would be different. Injuries would be different. Outcomes would be drastically different, in many cases.

Blows your mind a little, thinking what drafting Ray Rice over Devin Thomas may have done to the entire last two years of professional football. Man.

Haha. See?

I was surprised to see how young this kid actually is in his presser. He looks like he is only 15 yrs old! I know he is in his 20's but DAMN!

AA also is just a young one.

Gotta love that injection of youth. I think with this team, we need to start building by the basics. Lets draft by the ABC's: AA, BB, CC, etc...

Archived