Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "I'm Sorry For Hating On You LaRon" Thread

loren

When you kept getting beat with double moves last year, I constantly cursed your name.

Of course, you were getting played out of position...you're not a free safety, you're a STRONG (big emphasis on strong) safety.

The coaches have had enough sense to play you at your natural position this year, and the results have been phenomenal. You've been all over the field, making tackles, making hits, and your interception today basically handed the Redskins the win.

I hated on you and I'm sorry. You are awesome. You can dominate any offense you want.

On a slightly related topic, I've seen pictures of you without your shirt, and I'm pretty scared. Please don't ever beat me up.

GO SKINS!!!! GO #30!!!!

I hated on Landry, and I don't regret it - he was horrible the past few years. No, it wasn't his natural position and we asked him to replace Sean Taylor in more ways than one. However, that doesn't excuse Landry's inability to adapt to a new role. Just as his current performance doesn't make me feel the need to apologize for hating on him. His performance of the past deserved criticism just as his current performance deserves praise.

Landry's playing lights out. He's busting people up and he's making big plays. He's playing like a top 10 pick.

Yep, I was really tired of his ineptitude in what I considered the fundamentals. I don't think it's ALL the position change, though, I see a different attitude and belief. I think he is just more engaged in the game because he's attacking, before both our safeties were just put back and I think the passivity is a killer for his game.

the thread title sucks, why not just make a LL30 Appreciation thread? I never hated on LL30, I knew he had in him playing at a very high level

EASY...I think it's a great title. The majority of extremeskins (me included, but YOU along with a select few excluded) were bashing on LL last year. Sorry Laron, keep playing hard! You're the man!

I don't think I ever bagged on him, but I definitely lost my faith in him. Thank goodness I was wrong and he's still here. I love Dirty 30!

Ironically, my wife turned 30 in August, so maybe that has something to do with it. That's her new nickname.

the thread title sucks, why not just make a LL30 Appreciation thread? I never hated on LL30, I knew he had in him playing at a very high level

Why the title? Because I hated on Landry like crazy, and I want to atone for it. I was wrong. He's a beast. I'm an idiot. That's all. If you've always appreciated Landry, this is also an appropriate thread to point that out in. But a LOT of people like me wanted Landry gone after the New Orleans game last year, and it's time to admit we were wrong and he's an absolute beast who can crush our skulls with his bare hands if his magnificence chooses to do so.

I like the sentiment, but there's already at least one LL appreciation/"Best Safety in the NFL" thread that this could have gone into. I don't think he needs your personal apology that much ;)

Hmmmmm......you might be right....but that thread was saying he's the best safety in the league, a sentiment I don't necessarily agree with. But last year, a LOT of people, including me, hated like crazy on Landry. But this year, in addition to being an incredible defender, he's also just made a play that helped us beat a Superbowl contender. This thread seeks to acknowledge that transformation, and to allow fools like me to atone for ever having doubted him.

If this is repetitive, and it might be, then I apologize, and of course board moderators can merge this thread, but I personally think it's original enough.

Last year, Laron drove me insane. I got so used to watching him whiff by his man horizontally through the air- so often - that I began to question why he was still even on the team. Its like he has corrected it and gained focus. Since the beginning of the year, you can see an improvement.

I will admit, I think I am becoming an LL fan.

Thanks, Laron!

I don't apologize for anything.

Landry was awful last year and not once played to the level worthy of a 6th overall pick.

I will admit he is currently having his best season but I still hate his prancing and posing after routine plays.

He's playing better and I won't "hate" on him but he has earned the criticism that he's received over the years.

maybe the phrase "The Official" irks me because its overused around these parts. Carry on, mate. ;)

Well, if you see another thread that purports to apologize for hating on Landry, that is backed up by more authority than this one, feel free to link me to it.

Until then, this is the (only?) place to express your sorrow to the monstrous LaRon #30 for all doubting him.

If that one word in the title bothers you, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm glad he's making plays, but I still don't think he has a brain in his head. If he did, he would have been fine at free safety and we wouldn't have had to play Reed Daughty there.

He has a brain in his head...and it says "KILL!!!!!" on every play

Archived