Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "I'm Sorry For Hating On You LaRon" Thread

loren

I can say hey, I told you so. He was playing out of position, said it a hundred times, and people wanted to bring back Blah during the second quarter, yikes. Anyway nice write up on Laron from BBN section......http://www.tbd.com/blogs/tbd-skins/2010/10/laron-landry-amazes-mike-shanahan-2919.html

On Friday when talking about strong safety LaRon Landry, Washington Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett said “I believe he’s one of the best safeties in football.”

Landry on Sunday in Washington's 16-13 victory over the Green Bay Packers showed why Haslett, a veteran coach and former player, would make such a bold statement. Already one of the league leaders in tackles, Landry had his best game of the season with 13 tackles, a forced fumble and the game-defining interception.

I have to say last year I was beyond pissed with Landry. Even stopped wearing his jersey towards the end. I knew he had it in him. But the terrible angles he took and all the missed big hits had me heated. Glad to see him back to where he belongs and dominating. Dirty 30 lives on. Nice to be able to yell it and not because of a bone head play.

I've been a LaRon Landry fan since his days at LSU (Geaux Tigers!!!!) and I'm so happy to see that people are starting to see him for the player he was always capable of being. Jim Hasslett and the other coaches that are here now have managed to bring the best out in him and you can CLEARLY see the results.

Dirty30 for Pro Bowl 2011!!!!! HHTR!!!!!!!!

RMC

Last year, Landry was the worst player we had on the field routinely.

He was used poorly for his skills and he played in an undisciplined fashion which made the ill fit worse.

Now he's being used how he should be. And he could emerge as a legitimate All Pro at the position because of it. Today he made serious plays, which really is all he lacks in this role to become the game's top player at his position. If he can come up with a few more game changers like that, it'll be the one good thing about having Haslett here :).

Since when have people been hating on LaRon? The only reason he got blown up last year was because he was forced to play a position he doesn't play because of a tragic death of ST (RIP). And further to his defense... the redskins offense wasn't exactly helping keeping the D off the field...

Him taking poor angles and failing to wrap up runs deeper than just being played in the wrong position. That said, he may be the defensive MVP of the league at this point in the season. Keep it up, #30.

Right now it has to be either Landry or Clay Matthews as the front runners for Defensive MVP both are making ridiculous contributions for their teams.

I agree with all of the love for Landry, dude is BEASTING it this season.

But I will NOT apologize for "hating" on him last season. He sucked last year, whether it was his fault or not. He deserved criticism, because many of his problems were mental errors as much as limitations in a scheme.

I'm so happy for him now, however, and love that he's living up to his potential!

Of course, you were getting played out of position...you're not a free safety, you're a STRONG (big emphasis on strong) safety.

The coaches have had enough sense to play you at your natural position this year, and the results have been phenomenal. You've been all over the field, making tackles, making hits, and your interception today basically handed the Redskins the win.

I hated on you and I'm sorry. You are awesome. You can dominate any offense you want.

GO SKINS!!!! GO #30!!!!

Its nice to see LaRon get his repsect but even though LaRon is playing in the box more often he's not playing "SS" because this system has interchangeable S.

For example LaRon was playing deep Safety on the INT not Strong.

LaRon is still te best Safety on the team at either position.

im so glad hes playing well. i called this from the get go, all we needed was a coach with a pair, and for landry to not be playing 30 yards off the LOS. most of his tackling woes were because he had to come missile shooting in from way back and its impossible to tackle doing that.

he keeps this up hes a lock for the pro bowl.

Absolutely. Especially since he's making some BIG plays in games against good teams, which get more exposure.

not to turn this into a london vs landry thread, but i hope people notice the impact laron is making with his big plays vs fletcher who racks up tons of tackles and gets lots of nice stops. landry is creating turnovers, QB pressures, and is a one man wrecking crew. this is the stuff that gets you into the probowl.

Last year, Landry was the worst player we had on the field routinely.

He was used poorly for his skills and he played in an undisciplined fashion which made the ill fit worse.

Now he's being used how he should be. And he could emerge as a legitimate All Pro at the position because of it. Today he made serious plays, which really is all he lacks in this role to become the game's top player at his position. If he can come up with a few more game changers like that, it'll be the one good thing about having Haslett here :).

I will go one further and say that at this point Laron is the leading candidate to emerge as the Defensive Player of the Year for 2010.

I know no one likes mentioning it, but imagine if we still had 21 back there. We're getting gashed for long runs and passes that probably wouldn't happen with ST roaming. Sjax and Bjax both had Kareem Moore run up and whiff on them on their huge runs. Those two really would have torn things up together.

Archived