Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MLB Playoffs Thread!

Big Weirdo

Look for the Giants to make a serious play for Carl Crawford.

My guess is they will bring back Aubrey Huff, Cody Ross is arbritration eligible so they will make an offer for him, and probably bring back Juan Uribe (although he is looking for a multi year deal).

Renteria retires and I think Pat Burrell doesn't get resigned (which is too bad because he was a good Giant this year).

Look for the Giants to make a serious play for Carl Crawford.

No way. Too expensive. Maybe Jason Werth.

By the way, Brian Wilson was just working the crowd outside my window. I was watching from up on a 6th floor ledge and I got put up on the jumbotron several times.

(I've been pretending that this crowd is all cheering for me. I'm Evita Peron!!! :silly: )

Going by the ratings, people barely watch baseball (and it is the really only thing going for the entire summer).

When baseball competes against NHL and NBA in the spring, they get killed in the ratings. When MLB has their most 'important' series compete against a regular season game in the NHL, they get killed in the ratings.

Bottom line, MLB is a joke and mostly followed by folks who love to socalize at 'sports events' over the summer. They don't care about the game, they just want to eat and drink.

Did an NHL fan just say that MLB is a joke? The same NHL, that not that long ago, got lower tv ratings than the PBA?!?!?! lmao

The irony is if the teams that draw huge ratings do make the World Series and win it, people complain about "lack of parity" or "buying championships"

And if those teams get bounced, ratings are a lot lower

This was one of the worst-rated WS in a while

So what do baseball fans want? Do they want the Yankees to win championships and keep ratings high? Or do they want "parity" at the expense of lower ratings and less appeal to the rest of the country?

You don't have to like New York. But you have to realize that team draws ratings. Without them, without the Phillies, Yankees, Red Sox...what did you expect.

The irony is if the teams that draw huge ratings do make the World Series and win it, people complain about "lack of parity" or "buying championships"

And if those teams get bounced, ratings are a lot lower

This was one of the worst-rated WS in a while

So what do baseball fans want? Do they want the Yankees to win championships and keep ratings high? Or do they want "parity" at the expense of lower ratings and less appeal to the rest of the country?

You don't have to like New York. But you have to realize that team draws ratings. Without them, without the Phillies, Yankees, Red Sox...what did you expect.

Why doesn't this argument apply to the NFL in the exact same way?

Archived