Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

How many losses do you think it'll take for Ted to fire EG and Wittman?

Would 0-35 do the trick?

Part of me is desperate for a single win. The shame of this start is going to get unbearable.

The other part of me is hoping Nene and Wall keep healing on the sidelines and we keep losing in ridiculous levels so that inaction and the status quo can no longer be an option for that son of a ***** Leonsis.

---------- Post added November-26th-2012 at 08:52 PM ----------

Barron is a stiff. Back to the bench with him.

That NBA record may fall

0-18 is serious possiblity

I wouldn't be surprised if they force Wall and Nene to play hurt to try and get a win and avoid that embarrassment.

I don't know if we'll go 0-18. But I wouldn't be surprised if we go something like 1-25.

---------- Post added November-26th-2012 at 08:59 PM ----------

LOL. That was horrible by Price.

I'm starting to wonder if coaching isn't becoming an even bigger issue than we think. If you tell a bunch of unproven shooters that if they screw up they could be benched. Nervous shooters are bad shooters. The constant lineup changes have to destroy anything resembling chemistry. ... And we've all seen the Xs and Os.

I'm starting to wonder if coaching isn't becoming an even bigger issue than we think. If you tell a bunch of unproven shooters that if they screw up they could be benched. Nervous shooters are bad shooters. The constant lineup changes have to destroy anything resembling chemistry. ... And we've all seen the Xs and Os.

I don't think coaching could possible be worse. Unless we throw a HS coach out there or something.

From a cultural standpoint to preparation to lineups/rotations/Xs and Os, everything is utterly terrible.

We played 11 guys tonight and only 3 players got over 30 minutes (33, 32, and 30 respectively). Again, not a NBA style rotation.

You absolutely can't focus on makes and misses as a coach. That puts counterproductive pressure on any shooter, good or bad. In general, I think our team has been too concerned with makes and misses this year, which is why you see so much hot potato from our team.

The best you can do is try and get the team to focus on creating good shots and getting the ball inside.

LOL that Buck and Phil are talking about next season potentially being a new season! We're 12 games in! It's ridiculous how bad this year already is. That shot of the little girl in the Wizards shirt walking away crying says it all.

So... 2 games later Nene is injured and out again. Hmmm... who saw that coming? Vesely almost contributes more fouls than minutes/points/rebounds combined on the floor tonight. And Wall still has no time table for a return. Lets have a round of applause for Ted, EG, Witt, and the amazing clown circus medical staff we have here in DC. It takes alot of fail to get to this point.

Somehow Vesely ends up with (+/-) of +2 despite playing less than 8minutes, not scoring and picking up 4 fouls

My mind is blown

Don't get me wrong.. he is an incredibly flawed player with a broken shot and I see no way of him ever developing into a competent NBA player... but solid pick and roll defense, boxing out (but not getting the rebound so that others can), setting screens, and motion / passing on offense helps. Most of those things don't record stats, but those are the reasons he has one of the high +/- numbers on the seasons with garbage stats.

John Ourand

‏@Ourand_SBJ

TNT's Charles Barkley on Wizards announcer Steve Buckhantz: "We're going to give you hazard pay. You and Phil Chenier."

John Ourand

‏@Ourand_SBJ

TNT's Inside the NBA just spent nearly 4 minutes comparing the Wizards to the Harlem Globetrotter opponent Washington Generals.

chris palmerVerified

‏@ESPNChrisPalmer

The Redskins might win more games than the Wizards this year.

Edited by StillUnknown

John Ourand

‏@Ourand_SBJ

TNT's Charles Barkley on Wizards announcer Steve Buckhantz: "We're going to give you hazard pay. You and Phil Chenier."

John Ourand

‏@Ourand_SBJ

TNT's Inside the NBA just spent nearly 4 minutes comparing the Wizards to the Harlem Globetrotter opponent Washington Generals.

chris palmerVerified

‏@ESPNChrisPalmer

The Redskins might win more games than the Wizards this year.

John Ourand

‏@Ourand_SBJ

They're like two weeks late on that one.

My discontent with Ted is really growing. What a big ****ing moron he was to extend Grunfeld and Wittman. Those have to be the two least defensible moves any franchise I've ever been a fan of has ever made.

I'm officially rooting for total disaster. Like, a worst record in the history of the league kind of total disaster. Might as well. It'll be more fun to talk about than getting to win #12 at the end of the season, or whatever else we might do. Maybe it'll be a catalyst for closing the book on the whole Wizards chapter of the franchise, and finally changing the name back to the Bullets.

At least for one night, it could have been worse. OKC was beating Charlotte 82-29 at one point tonight with 5 minutes left in the 3rd. It's since been closed to a 40 point difference in the 4th.

Wow. That's gotta be pushing some other records. What's the biggest lead any team has ever had in a game?