Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

If any of you would like to attend the game today (Thursday) against the Bucks, then shoot me a PM. I have an extra set of tickets that I need get rid off. I actually bought these online but I got a hook up to better seats so I don't need these anymore. Since my hook up gave me his tickets for free, I'll give mine away for free as well. The seats are in Section 419 but it's preseason so you'll be able to sneak into the lower level with ease.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested. First person to do gets the tickets. I'll email them directly to you.

PM sent

I've got two tickets in section 102, row K that I'm selling for the home opener....unfortunately I have class that night and can't attend. I'll sell for under face value.

PM sent.

Arenas. haha. What an idiot.

This guy is killing his own career one step at a time. Unreal.

Aren't you a Lakers fan?

Anyway, I've been thinking about this Gil thing. First, to state the obvious, this isn't some horrible, evil thing. He didn't fight dogs, he didn't rape a girl in a hotel room in Colorado, he didn't send a pic of his junk to a ballgirl, he didn't bring guns into a locker room, etc. With that said, it's still monumentally stupid and disturbing. Why? Because it was dumb and, more importantly, totally unnecessary. Why do it? Could he really not have gone to Flip and just said, "Hey Coach, it's a preseason game, I'm feeling good about where my game is right now, I know Nick has been frustrated about his time on the court, do you mind if I sit this one out and you let Nick fill in for me?" What's wrong with doing that? Flip doesn't strike me as an *******, I doubt he would've said no. And then to tell the media about it? Goddamn...come on Gil. It just really shows a lack of maturity, a lack of judgement and a complete failure in decision making. Given Gil's past, it is a bit disturbing and disheartening.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Yes, I believe Kosher Ham is a Lakers fan....and for some reason, he always feels the need to take a shot at the Wiz.

I haven't figured out why feels the need to do so but frankly, its starting to irritate me.

Probably subconscious guilt about being a bandwagoner. He needs to lash out and put down the team of true Washingtonians to justify his fandom of the Lakers to himself.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Yes, I believe Kosher Ham is a Lakers fan....and for some reason, he always feels the need to take a shot at the Wiz.

I haven't figured out why feels the need to do so but frankly, its starting to irritate me.

I am a Lakers fan indeed. Never have I liked the Bullets/Wizards. I only root for them to beat the other Western teams. And speak truthfully, I only take shots at Gil.

It irritates you ? Seriously ? Get some thicker skin.

Probably subconscious guilt about being a bandwagoner. He needs to lash out and put down the team of true Washingtonians to justify his fandom of the Lakers to himself.

Bandwagon ? haha. Because the Orioles, Caps, and Redskins have been so amazing over my lifetime. Only the Redskins have truly been a good team for any stretch.

Anyway, I've been thinking about this Gil thing. First, to state the obvious, this isn't some horrible, evil thing. He didn't fight dogs, he didn't rape a girl in a hotel room in Colorado, he didn't send a pic of his junk to a ballgirl, he didn't bring guns into a locker room, etc. With that said, it's still monumentally stupid and disturbing. Why? Because it was dumb and, more importantly, totally unnecessary. Why do it? Could he really not have gone to Flip and just said, "Hey Coach, it's a preseason game, I'm feeling good about where my game is right now, I know Nick has been frustrated about his time on the court, do you mind if I sit this one out and you let Nick fill in for me?" What's wrong with doing that? Flip doesn't strike me as an *******, I doubt he would've said no. And then to tell the media about it? Goddamn...come on Gil. It just really shows a lack of maturity, a lack of judgement and a complete failure in decision making. Given Gil's past, it is a bit disturbing and disheartening.

So you agree with my point ?

Edited by Kosher Ham

I am a Lakers fan indeed. Never have I liked the Bullets/Wizards. I only root for them to beat the other Western teams. And speak truthfully, I only take shots at Gil.

It irritates you ? Seriously ? Get some thicker skin.

Actually, in the past you've taken shots at not just Gil but the Wizards in general.

And thats fine. That's your prerogative to do so.

But I also have the right to be "irritated" about it.

Don't you agree? ;)

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

The funny thing is, I remember having this exact same convo with Kosher YEARS ago. Multiple times. Kosher is like an NBA bully. He roots for the Lakers for whatever reason--not because they win, cause he's no bandwagoner--and the Wiz suck (like we don't know this) so he talks ****. To get his kicks? To feel better about himself? Cause he's just a dick? I don't know.

Meanwhile nobody gives a **** and just wishes he would leave the thread and let us enjoy the little bit of hope we have started to get with Ted and Wall.

Anyway, here's that pic of Yi I forgot to post awhile back:

yi-jianlian-arms.jpg

I got home from school just in time to catch the Wizards complete collapse in the second half. I couldn't believe how bad their free throw shooting was. And I hope Blatche isn't planning on playing like that in the regular season. All his going one on one for 10 seconds at a time while going between his legs half a dozen times before finishing with a spin and a missed fadeaway. I hope his strong finish last season didn't blow his head up. I still don't trust him. I know other people are on his bandwagon but I'm skeptical. To say the least.

But yeah, Wall is a monster. I think 16 points, 11 assists and only 2 turnovers tonight. Dude is legit. I'm beyond psyched.

Oh and people derided the Armstrong signing in the offseason and he's still a scrub but he also had a couple of nice blocks. Including one to reject a dunk. You don't see that often. Dude is acceptable for the role he's going to be asked to play.

And Morrison is a ****ing loser. God he sucks. There was one play where he got a rebound right below the basket. Instead of going straight up with it and slamming it home or at least drawing a foul, he passed to Blatche or Mcgee (I forget which one) who was like 24 inches to his right and made them do some bull**** fadeaway hookshoot. They made it but still. That's not an NBA play. It was ugly. Dude is a *****. Scared.

Surround Wall with talent, FAST.

I think they're going to model the team after the Bad Boy Pistons of the late 80's. Maybe not the douchiness but definitely the size and heart. It makes sense considering Isiah was the last point that was the main focus of a team that won a championship.

I got home from school just in time to catch the Wizards complete collapse in the second half. I couldn't believe how bad their free throw shooting was. And I hope Blatche isn't planning on playing like that in the regular season. All his going one on one for 10 seconds at a time while going between his legs half a dozen times before finishing with a spin and a missed fadeaway. I hope his strong finish last season didn't blow his head up. I still don't trust him. I know other people are on his bandwagon but I'm skeptical. To say the least.

But yeah, Wall is a monster. I think 16 points, 11 assists and only 2 turnovers tonight. Dude is legit. I'm beyond psyched.

Yea, I want to allow myself to be excited but last year was the most excited I have ever been for a wizards season and after that first win against the mavs in dallas I was through the roof. And then it collapsed. A scenario I literally never thought was a possibility. These mofos crushed me.

But this is a different kind of hope. A hope that stems from drafting a franchise cornerstone who is already good enough to be a great point guard in this league but who also has ridiculous upside. He is a such a raw talent at this moment. Still so much to learn.

The NBA better pray he never figures out how to shoot a mid range jumper. His speed is unplayable.

No matter what we do this year, we are gonna be, at the very least, an exciting team to watch.

Yea, I want to allow myself to be excited but last year was the most excited I have ever been for a wizards season and after that first win against the mavs in dallas I was through the roof. And then it collapsed. A scenario I literally never thought was a possibility. These mofos crushed me.

But this is a different kind of hope. A hope that stems from drafting a franchise cornerstone who is already good enough to be a great point guard in this league but who also has ridiculous upside. He is a such a raw talent at this moment. Still so much to learn.

The NBA better pray he never figures out how to shoot a mid range jumper. His speed is unplayable.

No matter what we do this year, we are gonna be, at the very least, an exciting team to watch.

wow...did you somehow get into my head and post my thoughts on extremeskins? Just about word for word...I've been saying and thinking what you just posted about the wizards the past few months.

Wall is absolutely ridiculous...and flip believes he already has the leadership capability to be a captain....very promising. If Wall can develop a jump shot, he will be a top 3 player in the league for many years. If he doesn't develop that shot, he will still be a top 10 player.

Holy Crap that pic of Yi.....dude looks like a beast!!! Hopefully he plays like one this year:)

if Flip can somehow turn Yi into a physical player, that may be his greatest accomplishment in life :ols:

he's still very young though and its obvious he has skill, we just have to add some beast to his personality