Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

We still have no big bodies worth putting on the floor. Painful to watch Gortat have his way.

Who would have ever thought that back during the Etan vs Haywood hairpulling fights, we would one day desperately miss Brendan Todd Haywood and that he would go down as probably the best Wizards center of our lifetimes (so far)?

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Read an article by Lee in the Post today about Gil's injury. In it they quoted Flip as saying that he hope the Wiz aren't going to be the homecoming team. (The team a high school plays on their homecoming that they are a lock to dominate.) Unfortunately that's exactly what they are. But oh well. We were horrible last year. Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm dreading the "sky is falling" bull**** I'm gonna hear on the radio tomorrow.

The so-called experts on the radio probably have watched less than 10 games in the last five years.

You're drafting today...

John Wall or Blake Griffin?

Wall. Blake is further ahead right now but Wall has D-Wade potential. I don't see Blake being anything more than a Stoudemire clone (which is not bad at all).

Kirk Hinrich plans on building an entire brick house community in Orlando tonight.

This might sound crazy but have you considered the possibility that the Wiz would have been better off drafting Demarcus Cousins?

I thought all along that he would have fit better with the makeup of our team.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Cousins to many was the best player in the draft but there were many concerns about his maturity and conditioning, I'd rather have Wall 10 times out of 10 although I think Cousins is in a great situation in Sacramento with Evans to help out

The so-called experts on the radio probably have watched less than 10 games in the last five years.

It's sickening to listen to them talk about the Wizards. Both stations. But 106.7 especially. The radio home of our Washington Wizards. I feel bad for Dave Johnson and Glen Consor.

John Wall but we could have had both if we won the lottery last year as well. Although I doubt if we get Griffin we win the lottery again and get Wall

Well considering Griffin didn't play last year (and thus will probably be Rookie of the Year this year), I don't see how anything would've changed.

although I sincerely hope he stays healthy, I like watching him play

Ditto. I'm a huge Griffin fan. I was on that bandwagon early and desperately wanted him last year.

This might sound crazy but have you considered the possibility that the Wiz would have been better off drafting Demarcus Cousins?

But maybe I'm wrong.

It would've been a risk, one that you really can't take with the #1 pick when Wall has almost no chance of being a bust. I think a great part of Cousins' potential success will be related to the structure around him.

I'm not sure he would've got what he needs here

Edited by StillUnknown

Cousins to many was the best player in the draft but there were many concerns about his maturity and conditioning, I'd rather have Wall 10 times out of 10 although I think Cousins is in a great situation in Sacramento with Evans to help out

Yup. That was the beef with Cousins and why he slipped to 5. That he was/is a headcase and lazy.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

But maybe I'm wrong.

I would have been more open to it had the Kwame fiasco never happened. I think his character issues were largely overblown but you know he was coming in with baggage. The media would have been after him like vultures. With Wall you have a maintenance free guy and nothing to worry about at least off the court.

McGee's shot selection is awesome. Sweet hookshot from the free throw line.

Lol. I was about to post that that might've been the worst hookshot in basketball history.

clearly we made the biggest mistake when we cut Adam Morrison. If he were playing tonight, we'd be winning by 15 minimum

40% from 3 son. The next Larry Bird. We ****ed up bad.