Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Good point...I just think his time in DC has run out.

Perhaps it has. But the guy has still a lot of productive years left as an NBA player. I really think Orlando should try to acquire him. He's the perfect perimeter player Dwight Howard needs. Gilbert is everything Vince Carter is not. Gilbert shines when the spotlight is on him and the game is on the line. Besides the botched FT's against Cleveland, he's an amazing game closer.

Perhaps it has. But the guy has still a lot of productive years left as an NBA player. I really think Orlando should try to acquire him. He's the perfect perimeter player Dwight Howard needs. Gilbert is everything Vince Carter is not. Gilbert shines when the spotlight is on him and the game is on the line. Besides the botched FT's against Cleveland, he's an amazing game closer.

True...I just think the Bullets would be best-served to cut ties. That's all. I don't disagree that they should get some value back for him. He's relatively young and, as you say, very talented.

FTR, I'm still not sold on Blatche. I think people are counting him waaaay too much. I just think he doesn't have the heart to put in the work. It's not all about talent or ability or athleticism or skill set. It's also mental. Passion. Heart. You have to put in the work. And I just don't have faith in him to do that. (Basically, a Nick Young big.) Especially not now after he's got a new deal and been paid. God help us.

HOPEFULLY IM WRONG. I can't stress that enough. I'm not hoping for failure so I can rub it in your faces, i.e. Ryman of the North. I hope and pray Blatche makes me look like a fool.

It's all about expectations. I'm not expecting Blatche to light the world on fire. But he's good at what he does. He has a good face up game and he's a good passer for a big man. Gives you solid rebounding and good defense. He's not a world beating talent but he's no where close to being a Nick Young type of a scrub. Young is probably the most one dimensional player I have ever seen. Besides scoring, he literally does nothing. Blatche has a very well developed overall game, he's just not exceptional at anything.

Edited by No Excuses

I'm not talking about a NY comparison in terms of their on the court game. I'm talking about the mental aspect. The heart aspect. The passion and work ethic aspect.

Neither of them is as bad Javale though. At least not mentally. Which is shocking when you consider his mother. You'd think she would have taught him the game. That she didn't or, even worse, that he didn't pick it up is very discouraging.

I'm not talking about a NY comparison in terms of their on the court game. I'm talking about the mental aspect. The heart aspect. The passion and work ethic aspect.

Neither of them is as bad Javale though. At least not mentally. Which is shocking when you consider his mother. You'd think she would have taught him the game. That she didn't or, even worse, that he didn't pick it up is very discouraging.

very easy to tell somewhere along the lines, Javale fell in love with his athleticism and left the fundamentals on the curb

if I see that sky hook from the free throw line once more, I'll be forced to attack him on general principle (then run like hell before his 7'0 frame can get his hands on me :ols: )

How has Yi looked?

Looked good. Made his jump shots and didn't stink it up on defense.

Everyone is having a good game so far. Blatche started off terrible but he's picked it up too. I saw Nick come in the game but I was busy cooking so I didn't see what he did. Probably nothing.

I'm really liking what McGee has done this game. When he's not running around like a headless chicken, he's a nightmare for opposing players attacking the rim.

These refs are absolutely terrible. Here comes Hilton Armstrong. ****.

Edited by No Excuses