Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/10/gilbert-arenas-says-hes-cuttin.html#more

Gilbert Arenas says he's cutting the beard

Nick Young predicted it, Brendan Haywood requested it, and Gilbert Arenas finally confirmed it: The beard is on its way out. That scraggly, unkempt facial hair, which has been the subject of much discussion, will soon be a thing of the past.

Arenas walked up the stairs after practice on Monday and Wizards owner Ted Leonsis was waiting to greet him with a hug and a smile. Leonsis made a comment about Arenas's beard. Arenas grinned and said, "I'm cutting it. I'm cutting it."

Leonsis, who sports a goatee, then rubbed his chin and asked Arenas if he would at least keep the goatee. "Like me?" Leonsis said, then lowered his head and raised his right fist in the air as if he was staging some protest. "You know, for solidarity."

Arenas laughed as he traded some shaving advice with Leonsis, then rubbed his beard some more and said, "I'm cutting it. This was a preseason look."

Arenas walked away, without saying when the beard would meet the shears. But Young was probably right when he said, "I don't think he's going to get used to walking around looking like that."

Leonsis's playful banter didn't stop with Arenas. He had a joke for nearly every player and staffer that walked by him. After shaking hands with Al Thornton, Leonsis mentioned how frightened he was when he found out that a car struck him on George Mason's campus. He expressed his appreciation to Thornton for jumping on the car to avoid injury and giving him a chance to joke about it. He then mentioned that former Bullets legend and Hall-of-Famer Gus Johnson was known to have hurdled cars for sport.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Screw going to red, white, and blue unis. The Wiz/Bullets need to go back to their roots. Maroon and gold!!

"The club will be known as the Bullets, which is hoped to be significant of their explosive talents and speed in humbling the opposition. President Stan Behrend announced that the team's colors will be maroon and gold, in which they will don white jerseys with maroon numbers and gold pants for home appearance, and maroon jerseys and white numerals on the road."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/10/the_origin_of_the_bullets_nick.html?wprss=dcsportsbog

Screw going to red, white, and blue unis. The Wiz/Bullets need to go back to their roots. Maroon and gold!!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/10/the_origin_of_the_bullets_nick.html?wprss=dcsportsbog

As much as I hate Pittsburgh, I think its cool that all of their teams have the same color scheme. Too late now but it would be cool if all of DC's teams could do this. Not that I want to change the Skins colors, and I love the new(ish) Caps jerseys (though I do miss the black sweaters at times)...yeah it just wouldn't work.

As much as I hate Pittsburgh, I think its cool that all of their teams have the same color scheme. Too late now but it would be cool if all of DC's teams could do this. Not that I want to change the Skins colors, and I love the new(ish) Caps jerseys (though I do miss the black sweaters at times)...yeah it just wouldn't work.

If the Skins ever had to change their name, I could see it happening where all the teams have red, white, and blue. After next season, the Skins will be the only team that isn't Red, White, and Blue. Well I guess DC United doesn't either.

If the Skins ever had to change their name, I could see it happening where all the teams have red, white, and blue. After next season, the Skins will be the only team that isn't Red, White, and Blue. Well I guess DC United doesn't either.

DC United actually has some pretty sweet uni's though I'm not sure why they went with Red, White and Black over Red, White and Blue but whatever. Woudn't think it would be too dramatic of a change for them to switch from Black to Blue but I don't see it happening.

I really, really hope the Redskins never change their name or colors. While the symbolism is obviously there I love the Burgundy and Gold and would hate, HATE to see it change.

The New England Revolution have RW & B, so I guess DC United wanted the black in there instead. The post can blow it out their ass. Without "GUNS" the bullets don't work. It's technically the Bullets that kill people, but it still takes a gun and a person's finger to do it. Sorry, I see no connection to team name Bullets and the gun violence in DC that has been going on for decades before the team and will go on decades after the team.

The New England Revolution have RW & B, so I guess DC United wanted the black in there instead. The post can blow it out their ass. Without "GUNS" the bullets don't work. It's technically the Bullets that kill people, but it still takes a gun and a person's finger to do it. Sorry, I see no connection to team name Bullets and the gun violence in DC that has been going on for decades before the team and will go on decades after the team.

Uhhhh I mean I'm pretty sure the team name wasn't intended on implying that our team mascot is an organizational tool used in documents.

You know...

• <---bullet

But I don't think having a team named the Bullets actually has anything to do with crime rates whatsoever. Though I'm sure some idiot journalist, if we were to revert back to the Bullets, would try to make some case about how the name somehow changed the crime rate in DC.

:doh: Correlation and causation. Simple concepts that way too many people do not understand.

I think what's more important is the presence of red in all the teams' colors.

dc_flag_l.gif

Edited by fullnelson9999

Well, burgundy sure as hell isn't red.

Except burgundy really isn't a Redskins color anymore. It's more red and yellow than anything.

And if it was, it's close enough to red to still count. If you look at Pittsburgh, the "gold" used by the Steelers, Pirates, and Pens are different.

Edited by fullnelson9999

Scored some awesome tickets for games this year. Got tickets for the season home opener against Philly for $12 (pair). Got tickets for the Knicks game in december, club level for free (through work). I'll be getting free tickets through the company I work for all year. Pretty stoked about this.

Ted brought Yi to his first hockey game last night.

Amazingly, they seem to have found him a Caps jersey that was too big for him.

Lol at Ted taking Yi out on a date. Told you all he had a full blown mancrush on him.

Anyway, here's a petition WE put together to give to Ted about changing the name back to Bullets. Please sign it. Please pass it on to friends and family. Ted listens to the fans. We can make it happen.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/wizardsextreme/

But I don't think having a team named the Bullets actually has anything to do with crime rates whatsoever. Though I'm sure some idiot journalist, if we were to revert back to the Bullets, would try to make some case about how the name somehow changed the crime rate in DC.

:doh: Correlation and causation. Simple concepts that way too many people do not understand.

The name change had more to do with Yitzhak Rabin's assassination then crime rates. That was just an added "bonus" that Abe threw out there.

Yi is easy $$$ for Ted. Yi, especially if he blows up, will bring a ton of revenue from the Chinese market. Especially in DC which has a large Chinese population, and a lot of East Asians in general.

Good idea of keeping him happy and making him feel at home. If he has a good year backing up Blatche and McGee, we can resign him at a good price.

There is a rumor that came out today that they are already working on an extension for Yi. That they've been extremelly pleased with what he has brought to the team already. There is a November 1st deadline to give extensions to expiring contracts.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I've liked what I've seen from Yi so far. I think with lower expectations and a team that intends on developing young talent, Yi will be able to use his skills a lot more. It's nice to have backups that can provide scoring off the bench. Yi will be nice as a super sub backing up PF and C and occasionally at SF. Still wish we had a defensive big man but at least we'll be scoring in bunches. A change from the years when Ruffin, Booth and ET were our primary back up bigs. We might not have a the smartest or toughest roster but at least they are athletic. I'd rather have that than what we did under EJ all those years.

Edited by No Excuses

The name change had more to do with Yitzhak Rabin's assassination then crime rates. That was just an added "bonus" that Abe threw out there.

The name change was another of Susan O'Malley's failed marketing disasters. The "violence" correlation was cover.

No doubt Vishal. It's gonna take time for them to really learn and understand how to win but they're gonna be exciting to watch. And the upside on the roster is thrilling. I mean with Ruffin, Etan and Co. it was like, well this is it. ****. How can we upgrade?

BTW, I'm jealous about your tickets. I gotta get a hookup somewhere.

The name change was another of Susan O'Malley's failed marketing disasters. The "violence" correlation was cover.

I haven't heard that theory before but I wouldn't doubt it. Which makes the name change go from a bad idea to an absolute disgusting disgrace.

No doubt Vishal. It's gonna take time for them to really learn and understand how to win but they're gonna be exciting to watch. And the upside on the roster is thrilling. I mean with Ruffin, Etan and Co. it was like, well this is it. ****. How can we upgrade?

BTW, I'm jealous about your tickets. I gotta get a hookup somewhere.

If I have ever extras, I'll shot you a PM :).

I've liked what I've seen from Yi so far. I think with lower expectations and a team that intends on developing young talent, Yi will be able to use his skills a lot more. It's nice to have backups that can provide scoring off the bench. Yi will be nice as a super sub backing up PF and C and occasionally at SF. Still wish we had a defensive big man but at least we'll be scoring in bunches. A change from the years when Ruffin, Booth and ET were our primary back up bigs. We might not have a the smartest or toughest roster but at least they are athletic. I'd rather have that than what we did under EJ all those years.

Yi has impressed me as well, he's always shown flashes of skill, just never much consistency.

it doesn't help much thats he's soft, but I don't see that changing much so Flip's going to have to work around it.