Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I just read the grantland article. That guy isn't a professional writer, he's a little too meandering and there is too much inside joke tone. Of his suggestions, I think he's kind of missing the point on most of them.
House is a fan just like us. I think he's a lawyer. He isn't a professional writer.

It was more of a funny piece than an actual How To on fixing the Wizards.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-120113-15/where-dwight-howard-land

The Wizards, according to NBA front-office sources, are shopping forward Andray Blatche -- again. But Washington is said to be realistic (translation: pessimistic) about its chances of moving Blatche, who began the season with four years and nearly $30 million remaining on his contract.

Buy out Lewis at the end of the season since his contract reduces by 50% and then amnesty Blatche.

Blatche is apparently out for a while because of the shoulder injury. Vesely will be getting the back up PF minutes. Only problem is that it now forces us to play Seraphin who is going to get destroyed on a nightly basis.

There is an option on his contract where he is cut and paid 10 million rather than the 20+ he is paid if he is on the roster. Kind of like an already pre-bargained buy out clause. He will still count 10 million against our cap, but he will be off the roster and wont account for the 20+ he would be owed otherwise.

---------- Post added January-13th-2012 at 01:32 PM ----------

Blatche isn't even close to Albert! Personally he isn't close to Deion either....I know some actually liked Deion while he was here (I hated him). I also think Stevenson is higher on the list, but that is debatable.

I dont now man, i really liked stevenson. Actually i think everyone did until he forgot how to shoot that one season. He is the best lebron defender in the game. It was fun watching him go up against lebron. And people didnt hate deion that much. He still came to play. People hated the fact that he was on out team. The idea of him being on the team rubbed everyone the wrong way. Albert is the only player that comes close to me. Him and Micheal Ruffin. God i hated him. But that was just because he sucked, and that overtime basketball toss against the raptors. haha.

I have another idea. Think about this-- what happens if a player just decides to leave a team and go do something else. Does the team still take the cap hit?

Here's what I propose. (1) We need to find something that Andray Blatche really, really, really likes. Something he can't live without. (2) We need to buy as much of this thing as possilbe, like a few $$$million$$$ worth. (3) We need to go to Australia and find a decently large piece of land and buy it (~10 acres). (4) We need to take this special thing that Andray loves so much and put it all over the land, some out in the open, some underground or hidden, (5) We need to tell Andray about this awesome place where all this stuff is located, and (5) We need to get him a plane ticket to the nearest airport, and hire a chauffer service to pick him up at the airport, take him to the land, and leave him there. Then we need to blow up the airport, to be safe.

I bet there's a good 70-80% we won't see him again, and we'll have some extra cap room next year.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-rumors-chat-with-steve-kyler-11312?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nba-rumors-chat-with-steve-kyler-11312&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Charlie

Why is Flip Saunders the only one catching grief for the Wizards poor start? I personally blame the GM (Ernie Grunfeld), he signed zero veteran’s this offseason then is in disbelief when this young, immature team can’t find a way to put it together. Phil Jackson would struggle with this group. If you were the owner of the Washington Wizards, who are you blaming first: the coach or the GM?

Steve Kyler

That is not true on the veterans… they signed Mo Evans, Roger mason.. they have Rashard Lewis in-house and did not amnesty him and they traded for Ronny Turiaf.

The problem is they have too many guys playing for themselves and that’s allowed – Flip is the wrong coach for such a young team and they have all soured on each other as selfish and that’s the problem.

Ernie is getting the blame to, you just don’t hear it in the press as much, but he’ll be gone this summer too, if not sooner.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wall is really bad so far this season, Doesn't have much to work with, but still. I can't believe how awful his handles are.

Blatche makes this team better. I'd be fine trading him, but he's far better than anyone on here gives him credit for. Anyone comparing him to Haynesworth is a straight up hater.

Wall is really bad so far this season, Doesn't have much to work with, but still. I can't believe how awful his handles are.

Blatche makes this team better. I'd be fine trading him, but he's far better than anyone on here gives him credit for. Anyone comparing him to Haynesworth is a straight up hater.

:ols:

NotSureIfSerious.jpg