Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Now don't start that again.

I've been following the Skins/Caps/Wizards my entire life, but I just haven't gone out of my way to watch the Wizards this year.

that's because they are bad...which would make you a bandwagon fan ;)

I'm a bandwagon baseball fan....if you even want to call it a fan...at least I admit it.

that's what happens when your team is bad and you commit to rebuilding....you get all stars in the draft and build around me.....if it wasn't Ovi and Nicky B...could have been Crosby or Stamkos.....

Caps committed to building through the draft after failing "the redskins way" and now we are a cup contender after adding pieces via free agency and trade.

Wizards will do the same....it isn't going to happen over night though...might take a couple more years before we see the process starting to work. We really need a new head coach though

The problem is, in the NBA, the lottery kind of throws you a wicked curve ball.

Look at next years draft. Wizards have to hit the jackpot in the lottery to have a chance at a decent building block. Or be lucky as hell.

Every successful rebuild requires a good deal of luck. We could definitely use a lucky man in charge. Hell I hope he buys the Redskins.

there is a rule against that...not sure which league has it....but an owner can't own three major franchises....Ted wouldn't be able to buy the skins....danny is never giving that **** up anyway!

---------- Post added March-28th-2011 at 11:32 PM ----------

The problem is, in the NBA, the lottery kind of throws you a wicked curve ball.

Look at next years draft. Wizards have to hit the jackpot in the lottery to have a chance at a decent building block. Or be lucky as hell.

I somewhat agree with you....I think we can get a decent building block regardless...but we will need to hit the jackpot to get an all-star to run w/ Jwall

that's because they are bad...which would make you a bandwagon fan ;)

I'm a bandwagon baseball fan....if you even want to call it a fan...at least I admit it.

If I started rooting for another team I'd be a bandwagon fan.

Want to call me a fair weather NBA fan? Fine, I'm not totally against that.

With the way I fervently follow Tech Football/Basketball, the Caps and the Redskins I hardly have enough time for the Wizards. I still love them, I still want them to be successful but its just too painful to watch a team that's this awful.

So no, not a bandwagon fan. I could never call another NBA team "my team". The Wizards are my team, I love Wall and what he brings to the table but I don't have the energy or emotional patience to get caught up in a team that's so god awful.

Boy these DC teams sure make sure you watch every second of a game.

I am not saying that the Wizards are going to be a championship team, but I think every team who competes for championships has a guy like Evans on their team. Last night I think I heard Buck say that there might not be a spot for him on the team next year. I say why the heck not??

If I started rooting for another team I'd be a bandwagon fan.

Want to call me a fair weather NBA fan? Fine, I'm not totally against that.

With the way I fervently follow Tech Football/Basketball, the Caps and the Redskins I hardly have enough time for the Wizards. I still love them, I still want them to be successful but its just too painful to watch a team that's this awful.

So no, not a bandwagon fan. I could never call another NBA team "my team". The Wizards are my team, I love Wall and what he brings to the table but I don't have the energy or emotional patience to get caught up in a team that's so god awful.

tru that...my bad....fair weather you are....not bandwagon.

---------- Post added March-28th-2011 at 11:35 PM ----------

WTF did Buck just say....I'm sorry...I went to VB public schools...that isn't in my vocabulary

there is a rule against that...not sure which league has it....but an owner can't own three major franchises....Ted wouldn't be able to buy the skins....danny is never giving that **** up anyway!

Does Ted have any kids? Maybe he could give one of his teams to them and take the Redskins over.

Yeah the only way Snyder sells the Redskins is if he goes broke. The man is clearly snakebit though, maybe it will happen.

I am not saying that the Wizards are going to be a championship team, but I think every team who competes for championships has a guy like Evans on their team. Last night I think I heard Buck say that there might not be a spot for him on the team next year. I say why the heck not??

Well he's a FA. But yeah, I'll be hot if they resign Howard and let Evans walk. I'm down with a modest little 2 year deal. I like what he brings.

BTW, Julie Donaldson is a pig.

dude played like ass for 97% of the game tonight

dude played like ass for 97% of the game tonight

Never said he was Kobe. I just think he should have a spot on this team next year. Wouldn't max out if we let him go...

Why are you in here anyway? I will tease you plenty enough come playoff time

Edited by MLSKINS

Thank God we finally won on the road again. I didn't want to hear us dragged out every time a team threatened to go winless on the road.

Hard to believe that we're still only third in the lottery rankings after this kind of year.

I am telling you all, just because this draft looks kind of weak, the Wizards will win the lottery again.

we WILL win the draft again this year. sadly it doesnt look like there is a franchise type big man

I'm leaning toward Kanter.

Go watch vids of him. Dude is just big as hell. Not tall and lanky and like Javale. Tall and as thick as a tree trunk. He's got great touch around the basket. And he's mean. He's not some soft, ***** euro like a Baragani in Toronto or even Dirk. He loves to bang down low. He's got a decent and still developing mid range game. Put him at the 4 and Javale at the 5 and see what happens.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.