Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I think Durant is an explosive athlete, for his size, but what he lacks is quick change of direction. He's about 6'9 at least and he can suddenly fly down the lane and finish strong over defenders. He can also pull up from anywhere on the court off the dribble. That's uncommon a any size, rare at his.

Otto doesn't finish above the rim over defenders. He doesn't blow by a double team and flash to the rim. He doesn't have the balance or mechanics to put his head down run, stop, and rise in a perfect jump shot. He's slower in the transitions from one move to the next, much slower, and he's no where near as fast with the ball either in getting a shot off or simply moving with it on the dribble.

Those little differences amount to drastically different results. Having said that Otto is not bad and I fully expect him to be good. I don't know about allstar, especially playing in the east at the SF position, but certainly a good player.

I like GR jr's aggressiveness so far but he's pressing, dribbling into bad situations and not doing his shooters favors.

What are GR Jr's odds of making the roster?  The anticipation around him is unusual for a second rounder.  It'd be a disappointment if he didn't make it.

Vesely added a tip in and a pick and roll dunk.

Wittman pissed on it though when the announcers pointed it out and "I bet that will boost his confidence" setting him up for a easy "that was great!" But he instead went with "yeah that's why he's here" Thanks randy.

Ves showing a variety of scoring skills so far, but just as impressive is his passing.  He sees the floor well.

He needs consistent minutes though and a defined role where he knows what's expected of him every night.  He's never going to develop without that.

Not quite sure what to make of GR Jr so far.  On the one hand, he plays a little out of control.  But on the other, I like his aggressive go-to scoring mentality.  I think that could be a nice asset on the second line.  Provided the decision making gets better.

Singleton is rebounding and made a nice shot but he's just kind of blending in mostly.

Ves' passing is the only thing I can take from this game that might translate to an actual NBA game. Other than that, a real defensive presence would have completely negated all of his buckets.

In the few minutes I've watched of SL I've been impressed with Rice, far more than any other player on the Wizards SL roster. Looks to me like Nick Young with slightly better handles, something I'd be perfectly happy with as a second round pick. 

Right as I post that Ves hits a smooth, in rhythm jumper from the elbow. Not bad.

Edited by MonkFan8

Ves' passing is the only thing I can take from this game that might translate to an actual NBA game. Other than that, a real defensive presence would have completely negated all of his buckets.

In the few minutes I've watched of SL I've been impressed with Rice, far more than any other player on the Wizards SL roster. Looks to me like Nick Young with slightly better handles, something I'd be perfectly happy with as a second round pick.

Right as I post that Ves hits a smooth, in rhythm jumper from the elbow. Not bad.

That mid range jumper from a guy his height... No one is taking that away. He's not strong enough to bang inside but if he can take the easy ones at the basket and compliment it with a few midrange shots he's a terrific bench PF/C rotation player. He's still fast, really fast, for his height.

That mid range jumper from a guy his height... No one is taking that away. He's not strong enough to bang inside but if he can take the easy ones at the basket and compliment it with a few midrange shots he's a terrific bench PF/C rotation player. He's still fast, really fast, for his height.

He's got some finishing touch around the basket too.  He should be a viable PnR weapon.

Summer League! This is the prime time to be a Bullets fan! Have not had the first 20 games of the season to destroy any optimism we had.

Nor has Philly destroyed us in preseason like they've done lately.

Btw we deserve free hats or something for being true fans. How many people are watching wizards summer league? haha.