Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

It's amazing that a team with no shooters' date=' no one capable of getting their own shot, no low post game, and currently no playmaking point guard is havving trouble scoring. Who could have guessed?[/quote']

It's incredible that a team with no shooter would run an offense focused on getting long range shots. If you can consider what the wizards are doing to be an offense.

Oh I realize. I just think all of those players have more superstar potential and are better to build teams around. And it's not a knock on Wall. I think he is a very good, above average player. I just think the others are better to build around.

I don't. Aside from Davis and probably sort of maybe perhaps not DRose, Wall is the recent #1 pick with the most raw talent.

Wall came into the league setting an Oscar and Magic pace. In his third game he probably had a better game than any other #1 pick would have their rookie year. Maybe ever... Something like 29 pts on 56% shooting, 13 dimes, 9 steals... In his sixth game he got his first triple double, 19 points, 10 boards, 13 assists, six steals, one turnover. His sixth game. Only Magic Johnson has matched that. And he played for the showtime Lakers of course.

He's basically a mini LeBron James at the PG position. He might be the second most physically gifted player in the NBA behind LeBron.

He could easily average 13+ dimes a game playing for the Celtics, Thunder, Spurs, or Heat while leading the league in FT attempts among perimeter players.

But of course we're ruining him and he's playing for the worst organization of any recent #1. By far.

Consider that John is currently our longest tenured player. Just think about that for a moment and let how awful that is truly settle in. Since the time Stern read Wall's name on draft night, no other Wizard from before remains.

John Wall has not played with a single other legit NBA player for any kind of extended period of time in his entire career. He hasn't enjoyed a single full season with one decent teammate. Not great like CP3. Not really really good like Joakim Noah or Luol Deng. Not even good, like Anderson Varejao or Carlos Boozer. Not even decent enough like Deandre Jordan. Not even passable like Alonzo Gee.

The second best player of the Wall era is probably Trevor Booker. Really let that sink in.

Wall has been surrounded by complete. utter. heaping. despicable. trash.

Hopefully that changes moving forward...

:pint:

:40oz:

:chug:

---------- Post added November-14th-2012 at 07:31 PM ----------

Javale could have developed more tho if he had a veteran big man with him, and the FO really invested in making him a better player. They didnt, and I dont believe Javale will get much better than he is now, except for defending.

It speaks well for Javale that he's still in the league and got paid that deal. He had an uphill battle and his talent eventually saved his career.

But the guy hurts himself as much as anyone else too.

He could have eventually become a slightly poor man's Tyson Chandler if he wasn't such a damn clown. With him, it'll always be two steps forward and then a step back.

I for one don't regret trading him for a minute.

---------- Post added November-14th-2012 at 07:39 PM ----------

You have to remember the conversations in this thread regarding what McGee was worth. Seemed like no one was comfortable with him making 10+ mil a year. If we let him walk, what do you think EG would have done to replace him?

I think the bottom line is as long as EG is constructing the roster, there will be problems.

*What I'm most perplexed about is that there was a chance (at least according to rumors) of landing Harden for the #3 pick and filler. Having a guy like Harden on this roster would have at the minimum helped us win 2/3 games by now.

Harden's knee would be blown out by now.

I'm cooling on Harden. I drafted him after his first two games and the dude has been just complete **** since then. Shooting 33% with 18 assists against 23 turnovers. He's been awful so far.

On top of that Kyle Lowry seriously hurt his ankle--my PG. And Boogie Cousins got suspended for two games.

I've been relying on Joakim Noah, Monta Ellis, Steph Curry, and Tim Duncan to keep me afloat...

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Good point. Either way, I think it would be a symbolic thing like "Hey, if you aren't going to put together a real team, then we're not going to pay real prices" like Mr. Tony kind of suggsted.

I love the idea. Ted needs to know that the plan that he used for the cap simply won't work because he can't luck his way into a superstar and there is no (real) farm system where he can groom future stars.

I'm tired of being embarrassed when I tell people that I'm a fan of this sorry team.

Maybe I should get a second favorite team.

Me too. I don't want the Wizards to put me in an NBA coma. The Norv years and the beginning of the Snyder era did it for football for me and it took Joe Gibbs coming back to wake me up.

I've been unable to commit to another team though. I've been on the verge with Dallas or San Antonio for years but I can't pick one and it's sacrilege to like both. Plus both have obviously peaked by now.

OKC is just too easy.

The old school Rockets with the red and yellow back in the 90's were pretty fresh. Before they did the pinstripes and the boring white and red jerseys of today. Rule them out, they're boring.

I liked the Jazz growing up because John Stockton and Hornacek were the absolute best a short white kid like me could ever aspire to be. Plus Malone was awesome to root for. Sort of like how so many white kids in the 80's grew up loving the Celtics. But the Jazz are boring now and their games are never on TV.

Sac town would be no better than the Wizards, but if they moved to Virginia Beach, it would be really, really easy for me to start rooting for them too.