Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

And the Wizards are different how? I mean, I've been a fan of this team since the 1977 season when I was nine, and pretty much I'm sick of the whole Wizards situation every year. We're the Clippers east, maybe not as sucky, but with only a couple of years when we had Webber/Howard/Strickland, the team has been a nightmare. I've felt this way about the Wizards just as much as the Redskins.

I mean there are the three years we made the playoffs with Gilbert. Went to the 2nd round of the playoffs, were #1 in the East at the all star break. Then **** fell apart but still. It was fun while it lasted. Now we have a new legitimate star in John Wall. I think basketball is a little different than football where one draft pick can change the entire state of a franchise. I guess that can apply in football where you get a Peyton Manning or luck into a Tom Brady but it's a lot rarer. Plus new ownership with Ted. Things are exciting right now. And another big difference is the fanbase. You older Wizard fans can be annoying Debbie Downers but it seems, to me anyway, that us younger fans are still optimistic and excited for the team. On the other hand, the entire Redskin fanbase across the age spectrum has lost it's ****ing mind.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Oh, and here's a completely random thought: I was thinking about the team name the other day, and suddenly "Washington Minutemen" came to my head. For those of you who don't know, the minutemen were a type of rapid-response colonial militia (hence the name) who fought in the Revolutionary War and helped repel unexpected British attacks. If Leonsis doesn't want to go back to Bullets, then I think Minutemen at least sounds better than both Wizards and those other stupid suggestions like Generals (the jokes will never cease), Justice, Diplomats, and Agents (one of the worst suggestions I've heard, which, of course, means LaVar and Dukes loved it). Any thoughts?

They're going back to Bullets. Lock.

I'm giving him a week or two before the whole "out of shape because of offseason injury" excuse goes away.

Gilbert is a freaking machine. Pisses me off thinking what we missed out for three years. Why is McGee doing behind the back moves? BLOCKED BY MCGEE! HAHa nice sequence. Is there a lot of people at the game?

Has Vasquez played tonight? I tuned in late third quarter. Would suck for them to come out and not get to see him play.

he got some minutes, crowd gave him a nice hand every time he entered. 5pts, 3 fouls so far I think

Hinrich is outside of his mind tonight, great overall game

Edited by StillUnknown

Has Vasquez played tonight? I tuned in late third quarter. Would suck for them to come out and not get to see him play.

I listened to the first half on the radio and got home at the start of the 3rd. Not sure if he's done anything but he's played. Every time he's come in the crowd goes insane and that's why I assume a lot of them are there for him. The last I saw him was in the middle of the 3rd when he picked up his 4th foul.

EDIT: SU's right, 3 fouls.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I like having Hinrich on this team. In general I really like our guard rotation. Nick Young has been playing really well on both ends of the floor this year. Wall, Hinrich, Arenas and Young is as good a backcourt you can ask for right now.

McGee is really really impressing me. Man he gets his help defense under control and the sky is the limit. This team can be really really good with a tough gritty front line. With the way Blatche is playing, I'm not sure he has a future on that. I'll give him another week or two to start playing with more energy.

Edited by No Excuses

I like having Hinrich on this team. In general I really like our guard rotation. Nick Young has been playing really well on both ends of the floor this year. Wall, Hinrich, Arenas and Young is as good a backcourt you can ask for right now.

McGee is really really impressing me. Man he gets his help defense under control and the sky is the limit.

What areas do you think we should target in the draft and free agency next year? I've been thinking about this from playing NBA2K11 and having to scout college players. I've been targeting SG's just because opponents SG's absolutely kill me on defense in games. Rip almost put up 40 on me last night.