Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 hours ago, Destino said:

Wall better show up on Wednesday.  The national media can't get enough of Lavar Balls comments and the game is nationally televised.  If the wizards lose and Ball has a big night, Wall is going to get dumped on all week.  

Not only will he get dumped on but they will use it as another excuse not to give him his due credit. 

Washington will win of course... But Alonzo will put up 20, 10, and 7, and 95% of it will be against Frazier. Hopefully Brooks will play Sato over Frazier, but if history is anything ( Thornton, Jennings, Frazier, Perkins) it's going to be the same stuff. For as good a coach as Brooks is, this is the one thing I don't understand. Man, YOLO and Jennings aren't even in the league anymore... And yet they still got pt over Sato. Please for all that is holy, don't throw us to the media wolves, Scottie. 

Problem with that is that Walls shot hasn't started to fall yet. And without that hes much easier to guard. If Lonzo is smart he just sits back and dares Wall to shoot and uses his size to slow him in the lane. 

But if Wall shot starts to fall its pretty much impossible for the kid (or anyone, honestly) to guard him. 

Ha! Brandon Ingraham said Lonzo didn't appreciate Gortat's comments.

Cool.

I suspect people don't appreciate your dad's comments either.

At first this was just amusing to me but now I kinda want Wall to destroy this kid

It's the Lakers and a nationally televised game.

It'll be good exposure for JWall.

I got a feeling Ball knows this is a stage also. Triple double. 

Young kid has barely mentioned anything, at the same time, he is accepting the challenge. 

He knows about the target on his back and wants to prove that he deserves his place in the league. 

I don't think he will outplay Wall, but he will compete and that will be a win regardless. 

As much as I love shutting up guys like LaVar, Wall doesn't need to prove anything in this game.  I'm not even sure why this is a story.  I don't want to create a rivalry with one of the worst teams in the west, I would rather start a rivalry by taking it to Golden State on Friday.  If we are not at least competitive in that game, all this hype might be for nothing.

But who's to say we can't do both. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spaceman47 said:

As much as I love shutting up guys like LaVar, Wall doesn't need to prove anything in this game.  I'm not even sure why this is a story.  I don't want to create a rivalry with one of the worst teams in the west, I would rather start a rivalry by taking it to Golden State on Friday.  If we are not at least competitive in that game, all this hype might be for nothing.

But who's to say we can't do both. :)

:headbang: