Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Ernie has failed creating a culture of professionalism and success. He fostered a clown culture and we're reaping what he's sewn even after we got rid of the clown players who were the scapegoats.

Nobody has a role. We don't have a single player that's started every game, so we don't even have any iron clad starters. We're 30th in offensive rating and 25th in pace. Our offense consists of:

1.) hot potato it around until someone has to hoist a late clock 3.

2.) Let Jordan Crawford make an awful shot.

3.) Curl the rookie off a screen or two and hope he makes the contested 3.

4.) Kick it to Nene or Seraphin with ten seconds or less and see what they can do.

The organization is a mess and it obviously can't be fixed with out firing EG and cleaning house in the FO.

The Ted's Take blog is pathetic. He has to know that nobody believes what he's saying about seeing growth in loses. There is no talk of accountability, or being well paid professional athletes.

Until Ernie is gone, everything else Ted does is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titantic.

Nobody has a role. We don't have a single player that's started every game, so we don't even have any iron clad starters. We're 30th in offensive rating and 25th in pace. Our offense consists of:

1.) hot potato it around until someone has to hoist a late clock 3.

2.) Let Jordan Crawford make an awful shot.

3.) Curl the rookie off a screen or two and hope he makes the contested 3.

4.) Kick it to Nene or Seraphin with ten seconds or less and see what they can do.

Mike Prada touched on a bit of this here

pretty damning, late in the game especially

Edited by StillUnknown

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/11/26/3692946/trevor-ariza-emeka-okafor-washington-wizards

For posterity's sake, though, here's a list of several non-minumum, sub-mid-level-exception-contract wings and bigs that the Wizards could have acquired instead of trading for Okafor or Ariza before the draft. I'm not suggesting that all of these players would have signed here or even been preferable options. I'm just providing the list to help inform our discussions about the deal going forward.

(All salaries via Sham Sports).

Done nothing and filled out roster with minimum contracts. Lewis' $13.9 million buyout would have stayed on the cap, ensuring the Wizards wouldn't be under the team minimum salary.

Scola (claimed off amnesty by the Suns for 3 years and $13.5 million).

Brand (claimed off amnesty by the Mavericks for 1 year and $2.1 million).

Brendan Haywood (claimed off amnesty by the Bobcats for four years and $16.7 million, but final year at $10.5 million is completely unguaranteed).

Korver (traded to the Hawks for a second-round pick and a trade exception, owed $5 million this year).

Wright (traded to the 76ers for the rights to Edin Bavcic, owed $4.1 million this year).

Wes Johnson (salary-dumped to the Suns in the Robin Lopez deal, owed $4.5 million this year).

James Johnson (traded to the Kings for a second-round pick, owed $2.8 million this year).

Courtney Lee (netted 4-year, $26 million deal with Celtics in sign-and-trade).

Jamal Crawford (signed 4-year, $21 million deal with Clippers).

Michael Beasley (signed 3-year, $18 million deal with Suns, third year not fully guaranteed).

Lou Williams (signed 3-year, $15.75 million contract with Hawks).

Jason Terry (signed 3-year, $15.75 million contract with Celtics).

Danny Green (signed 3-year, $11 million contract with Spurs).

Boris Diaw (signed 2-year, $9 million deal with Spurs).

O.J, Mayo (signed 2-year, $8 million contract with Mavericks).

Brandon Rush (signed 2-year, $8 million contract with Warriors).

Carl Landry (signed 2-year, $8 million contract with Warriors).

Gerald Green (signed 3-year, $10.5 million contract with Pacers).

Shannon Brown (signed 2-year, $7 million contract with Suns, second year not fully guaranteed).

Jerryd Bayless (signed 2-year, $6.1 million contract with Grizzlies).

Carlos Delfino (signed 2-year, $6 million contract with Rockets, second year not fully guaranteed).

J.R. Smith (signed 2-year, $5.7 million contract with Knicks).

Greg Stiemsma (signed 2-year, $5.4 million contract with Timberwolves, second year not fully guaranteed).

C.J, Miles (signed 2-year, $4.4 million deal with Cavaliers, second year not fully guaranteed).

J.J. Hickson (signed 1-year, $4 million deal with Blazers).

Randy Foye (signed 1-year, $2.5 million deal with Jazz).

Marco Belinelli (signed 1-year, $1.975 deal with Bulls).

Jodie Meeks (signed 1-year, $1.5 million deal with Lakers).

Willie Green (signed 3-year, $4.22 million deal with Clippers, last two years unguaranteed).

Nick Young (just kidding).

Kwame Brown (also just kidding).

Hasheem Thabeet (sorta just kidding).

Hopefully, this helps inform all future conversations we have about the Okafor/Ariza trade.

Really makes you want to throw things and kick stuff.

Until Ernie is gone, everything else Ted does is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titantic.

Mike Prada touched on a bit of this here

pretty damning, late in the game especially

I remembered the first play. It was after Charlotte got a couple of offensive rebounds but the Wiz lucked out they missed every shot and Crawf finally came in and snatched the rebound. I was like push it up! Score! I realize we were trying to kill clock, but points being so hard to come by, I think we need to just be thinking score score score when the game is that close.

The last play by Beal is just awful basketball. That's a clear 2 for 1 situation. And Beal was clearly just thinking "Kill the clock." Somebody needed to be in his ear telling him to try and score quickly. And being that it was a mismatch in front of him, you'd like for him to have just instinctively sought to score. Your down by one man, worry about the points, not the clock.

I don't like that we try to kill so much clock when the games are that close. We can't score well in the half court when we have a full clock. It's basically us giving away a possession.

Beal is optimistic, although he really can't say anything different.

“We’re 0-11 but we still have 71 more games,” Beal said following Saturday night’s double-overtime loss to the Charlotte Bobcats. “It’s still a long season and we still have an opportunity to get over .500.

“That’s our goal and we need to shoot for it. Just try to get in the playoffs. I mean, we’re going to make it. I have faith in this team and I think we’re more than capable of doing it.”

I don't like that foul call on Singleton that gave Diaw the 3 pt play. I can't wait for the day calls like that start going our way.

---------- Post added November-26th-2012 at 07:41 PM ----------

I think we need Webster on the second line for the scoring.

When Wall gets back I would try a lineup like:

Starters:

1 - Wall

2 - Beal

3 - Singleton

4 - Nene

5 - Seraphin

Second line:

1 - Price/Livingston

2 - Crawford

3 - Webster

4 - Vesely

5 - Booker/Okafor

Though who knows how long it'll be before Wall gets back.

---------- Post added November-26th-2012 at 07:45 PM ----------

Crawford has ridiculous length. He has such a nice ability to create space for his release with that length and body control. He's an odd bird. I think he could actually end up being better than Jamal Crawford if he starts hitting his outside shots more consistently.

---------- Post added November-26th-2012 at 07:49 PM ----------

I also think that if the Spurs can develop Tiago Splitter to be this good, they could make Vesely into an outstanding player.

For me that's yet another blunt demonstration in the difference in quality of the SA organization and ours.

---------- Post added November-26th-2012 at 07:52 PM ----------

That's exactly what I want to see from Beal. Just attack. Get him the ball in transition and just run and attack.

Including the first half of tonight's game, Vesely has 32 fouls to 29 points for the season.

Might be the closest race we see this season.

And the guy who drafted him 6th overall in the draft just got an extension. Nice.

I'm going to do some homework so I can turn my focus away from us getting our face kicked in. I'll just follow the box score, jesus...

Edited by Renegade7

you jinxed it sir

Apparently the hoop is 6 feet wide on San Antonio's side. We've regressed back to our mean.

I know they're a great shooting team but damn... It's just relentless.

---------- Post added November-26th-2012 at 08:40 PM ----------

As good as the Spurs have played tonight, Tony P and Duncan have actually been somewhat quiet. They're on my fantasy team and they're below their averages. Seraphin is doing a good job against Duncan considering it's Duncan. Tony P usually annihilates us, surprised he's taken a back seat tonight.

---------- Post added November-26th-2012 at 08:46 PM ----------

The crowd is openly cheering SA.