Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Nice win. Great game. 

Like how Brad was playing determined, taking advantage of the miss-matches. He sometimes struggles when defenders switch on him.

Wall was about to lose it, but kept his cool. Won us the ball-game with that last drive. 

Wall and Beal crapped all over Lowry and Derozan in the playoffs. Its not even a discussion. I mean Beal vs. Derozan, ok you can argue either or(I take Beal because Derozan can't hit 3s). Lowry isn't even in the same universe as Wall, never has been never will be.

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Wall and Beal crapped all over Lowry and Derozan in the playoffs. Its not even a discussion. I mean Beal vs. Derozan, ok you can argue either or(I take Beal because Derozan can't hit 3s). Lowry isn't even in the same universe as Wall, never has been never will be.

This is the proper take.

19 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

They keep saying we haven't reached the ECF like that's supposed to prove that Wall and Beal are inferior to their backcourt.

They fail to understand what Wall and Beal did to them in 2015 was embarrassing. Lowry quit the series bruh. It doesn't get more humiliating than that.

• Like 2

The wizards should be shooting a ton of threes, but unfortunately most of the players we rely on to score points seem to like long twos. Beal, Wall, Porter, Scott and Morris all happily shoot when they find themselves cut off from the rim by defenders.  Some of this has to do with the offense not moving the ball early enough in the shot clock and guys needing to shoot, and some of it is simply the ball stopping.  

We can't eliminate all of these shots, nor do we want to, but in this era the primary thinking has to be: Rim, Three, or Pass.  This decision making tree only works well however, if the Wizards push the ball and share it early.  Over dribbling leads to shots the defense wants the Wizards to take.

Also, Wall has to find his scoring again.  Last season he was a force that could take over quarters with his scoring when the Wizards weren't shooting well.  This season he seems to miss more layups than he makes.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I know hindsight is 20/20, but man that Bogdanovic trade was horrible last season. He started out on fire, then he just faded. He was awful in the playoffs too if I'm remembering correctly. 

And all it cost us was 4 years worth of a cheap capable back up center, which is what the Nets drafted with out pick.  This is ignoring that Kuzma was draft a few picks later, if Ernie had somehow hit on that... can't get lucky if you don't use your picks.  Or if you sell them.  People underestimate how Ernie's failure to manage draft picks reverberate through the entire team.   With a good GM this team would be in position to contend, or at least to gloriously lose to the Warriors.  Instead we're still missing pieces and we have no assets with which to get them.