Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The bad news is the team still lacks ball handling on the bench, the good news is the bench got another scorer which they sorely needed.Ā  Perhaps the best news though is that the the Celtics didn't get PG or Butler.Ā  They are already a good match for the Wizards, if they had added PG they would have been a problem in the playoffs.Ā  Now I still like our chances in the post season against any team in the east other than the Cavs.

Ā 

The Raptors did get better though.Ā  We play them a few times soon, that will be interesting.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hopefully in the 2nd half Sato continues to improve enough so that we can trust him as our primary PG off the bench. I don't think Burke will ever be that. That coupled with Mahnimi continuing to shake off the rust, Oubre's perimeter defense and occasional scoring, and Bo(that's what I'm calling)'s ability to score, we could actually have a decent bench. Admittedly a lot of dominos have to fall into place...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Destino said:

The bad news is the team still lacks ball handling on the bench, the good news is the bench got another scorer which they sorely needed.Ā  Perhaps the best news though is that the the Celtics didn't get PG or Butler.Ā  They are already a good match for the Wizards, if they had added PG they would have been a problem in the playoffs.Ā  Now I still like our chances in the post season against any team in the east other than the Cavs.

Ā 

The Raptors did get better though.Ā  We play them a few times soon, that will be interesting.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I think theirĀ improvements stopped the bleeding. Ā The problem for them is that Wall and Beal are better than Lowry and DeRozan.

Ā 

I wish there was a way for our road to the ECF to go through both Toronto and Boston.

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Ā 

I think theirĀ improvements stopped the bleeding. Ā The problem for them is that Wall and Beal are better than Lowry and DeRozan.

Ā 

I wish there was a way for our road to the ECF to go through both Toronto and Boston.

No need to make the road tougher than it needs to be. LolĀ 

1 minute ago, MLSKINS said:

I want us to harvest their souls. Ā I want them to know that just because they won a lot of regular season games in their garbage division doesn't make them legit. Ā And I want them to know that Kyle Lowry and Isiah Thomas are not as good as Wall and they never will be. Ā And I want to hear Tommy Heinsohn whine about it.

Ā 

It'd give me something to feel good about before LeBron eventually crushes our dreams.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MLSKINS said:

There is a reason, changing theĀ league perception to "the Wizards are clearly the second best team in the east" helps us. Ā It makes Wall more marketable and helps us find players for that terrible bench. Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

It's a dope play because the game clock runs (but shot clock doesn't) as long as Lawson doesn't touch the ball and the ball is rolling.Ā  I also think he has to be the first one to touch the rock.Ā  I think Adam Silver just got a new bullet-point to bring up with the GMs this offseason.Ā  I never have seen this happen to this extent.Ā 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

It's a dope play because the game clock runs (but shot clock doesn't) as long as Lawson doesn't touch the ball and the ball is rolling.Ā  I also think he has to be the first one to touch the rock.Ā  I think Adam Silver just got a new bullet-point to bring up with the GMs this offseason.Ā  I never have seen this happen to this extent.Ā 

I saw it last night. First thingĀ I thought was they have to change it so you have eight seconds to cross as soon as the ball is in play no matter the touch. That was ridiculous lolĀ 

23 minutes ago, Destino said:

There is a reason, changing theĀ league perception to "the Wizards are clearly the second best team in the east" helps us. Ā It makes Wall more marketable and helps us find players for that terrible bench. Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I guess. I just want a shot at Cleveland. Regardless of how it happens. (Shoot, all three of us could possibly knock Cleveland out before the ECF. Emphasis on possibly.)

Edited by MLSKINS

17 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Ā 

Me neither. Ā I thought the game clock wouldn't run either until you touched it. Ā Maybe that's only true for the final minute of quarters or something.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

I saw that and wondered if the 8 seconds to get it across was play clock or just 8 seconds in general.Ā  Now I know.Ā  I also think there are a few point guards that would try to dive and steal that, and some fast enough to get it.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

32 minutes ago, MLSKINS said:

I guess. I just want a shot at Cleveland. Regardless of how it happens. (Shoot, all three of us could possibly knock Cleveland out before the ECF. Emphasis on possibly.)

That's perfectly reasonable.Ā  This team has looked ready to make a ECF run before and Wall injured his hand, then we had a bunch of one year contracts that didn't work out... it would be nice to finally break through the second round.Ā  To be honest, there are quiet moments where I secretly wish for all the teams in our way to suffer major injuries to stars and have the wizards win it all.Ā  It's horrible, I know and I really don't wish ill on any player.... but, if it were to happen...Ā Ā :)

• Like 3

Kudos to Lawson for knowing the rulebook, but they were up 15. Ā lol Ā In a close game where it would be useful, that's not happening.

Ā 

The fact the Denver just let him stand there implies the competitive portion of the game was over and they were fine with him running out the clock and going home.