Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Where do y'all think our record would be this year with Witt still calling the shots?

Randy would be fired by now and we'd be on our way to being a lottery team.  Scott is making such a huge difference, its not even funny or close.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

I agree... but Westbrook is averaging a triple double.  I really can't imagine anyone else winning MVP if he finishes the season averaging a triple double.  I know that he's not the most efficient and whatever but he's actually averaging a triple double, and he's doing while leading the league in ppg. 

If the Thunder had a big man that could put us over the top I'd argue for trading Otto Porter at least in part because I think Westbrook desperately needs a player exactly like Otto Porter. 

Otto would fit in nicely with a lot of teams.  He plays so well off the ball, usage is non-existent, and would be a fantastic 3rd or 4th option capable of putting up an efficient 15+ppg.  If KD never went to the Warriors, I have a hard time believing that (if the cap allowed) they wouldn't make a hard push for Porter. 

*Shoot in thinking about it...he'd have been the perfect 3rd option on those KD/Westbrook Thunder teams (after they lost Harden.)  And if Brooks was his coach, his development would probably be a lot further along. 

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Where do y'all think our record would be this year with Witt still calling the shots?

Wall would be averaging over 25ppg. 

Beal would be taking long 2's and barely scoring over 18 per night.

Porter would have a VERY short leash and would be coming off the bench.

And we'd probably have an aging vet like Luol Deng or Rudy Gay as the starting 3.

Team would be worse off than the 76ers, so I'd say the Wizards would be around 10-12 wins (at this point.)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Otto couldn't do what Wall and Beal do.  He can't be a focal point because he simply doesn't have the strength or quickness or ball handling to create against a scheme that's keyed on him like they do.  But his benefit to those two is so tremendous that you can't assess their impact without recognizing his.  Wall and Beal need an outlet like Otto because their drives are most effective at pulling in his defender to help.

Let's put that into numbers.  Otto Porter is assisted on 71.8% of his 2pointers are assisted.  97.4% from 3. 

Just now, STBonecrusher21 said:

Plus Oubre Sato and McClellan would be rotting on the bench. 

This is the biggest thing. Witt doesnt like young guys getting a shot. 

I do think we would have started off faster with Witt, but we would have fallen short down the stretch again. 

• Like 3

TNT pregame says that Isaiah Thomas, Demar Derozan, and Kyrie Irving have been the best guards in the Eastern Conference this year. Not a single mention of John Wall. Yet in the West, CP3 is mentioned EVERY time. Wall has bester all around numbers. The **** is wrong with these dumb dumbs?

22 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

TNT pregame says that Isaiah Thomas, Demar Derozan, and Kyrie Irving have been the best guards in the Eastern Conference this year. Not a single mention of John Wall. Yet in the West, CP3 is mentioned EVERY time. Wall has bester all around numbers. The **** is wrong with these dumb dumbs?

Kyrie is the best point guard because Lebron is on his team.  That's essentially the argument for Kyrie.  We all know that without him, Kyrie isn't winning.