Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Otto made a case for being a permanent starter tonight. Pierce didn't do much even while starting with Wall. Let him come off the bench and create his own shot against reserves.

He makes great cuts to the rim off the ball. Wall may be the only that can see, and get it to him when he does so.

Antawn Jamison calls John Wall the 2nd best Wizard he's ever seen. Asked later who's 1st... Didn't explicitly name Gilly but yea.

"I don't even know if he really played in the previous games." -Joe Johnson when asked about diff. in Otto Porter this time vs last.

Antawn Jamison is 3 months younger than Andre Miller.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

If Gil was the best...that's a shame.

At least 4 players I would say were the better off the top of my head. Perhaps it was worded wrong.

I tell you guys that I am not a hater, but to think Gil was the best player is silly.

Moses, Wes, Chris, Juwan...etc.

The response might have made more sense if he said Wall is the most talented, or has the most potential.

Wait...He did indeed say Wizards. Then again...

Edited by Kosher Ham

If Gil was the best...that's a shame.

At least 4 players I would say where the better off the top of my head. Perhaps it was worded wrong.

I tell you guys that I am not a hater, but to think Gil was the best player is silly.

Moses, Wes, Chris, Juwan...etc.

The response might have made more sense if he said Wall is the most talented, or has the most potential.

Wait...He did indeed say Wizards. Then again...

Wes and Moses?

How are old do you think Jamison is?

Gil was probably the best Wizard/Bullet he's ever seen.

And as for Chris Webber/Juwan Howard being better Wizards/Bullets than Arenas....  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

You don't study the game as a guy that played the 3, 4 and 5 ?

I'll ask Jamison next time I see him about it. He lives in this city.

You saying he didn't watch the game/tapes ? Bullets/Wizards had one of the best point guards in the league at one point...I think you guys forget that. I don't even have to look up all of this metrics crap, I just know what a difference they made.

Here is an example : The Warriors have one of the best defenses according to the other teams shot percentages... It's not their D. Get back to me on that.

Edited by Kosher Ham

Quite simply put; we only have 4 young legs on this team that have potential to grow. One of them is playing his way on to a contender. We would be smart to keep him around to replace Nene... but not sure i see it happening. And yes, 8-9 million for a offensively talented big that has an unblockable shot is a bargain in my oppinion. The other one plays smart, has length, plays defense and is relatively efficient. Dude needs to start.

Skin 'em you can't pay Seraphin 8 to 10 million dollars this summer. That is a harmful contract. The man has gotten worlds better this season and looks like he's coming into his own but he's still a back up at this stage, and he's 25. There is only going to be so much upside left. Meanwhile, you've got 12 million committed to Gortat and 13 million committed to Nene. 2 million to Blair (who is almost useless) and 4.6 million to Humphries (which is a great bargain). 31 million in existing cap commitments on bigs this summer. 40 million is too much, that'd be over 60% of our cap and create an unbalanced roster. And adding any kind of big salaries for multi-year commitments hurts our ability to clear out 30-35% of our cap for Durant in 2016. As is, we're going to have to make some room for that summer without adding any new commitments.

Also I think 8 to 9 or 10 million is a flat out overpay for him. He's still way too inconsistent to start in a good front court. And he's not a 7 footer. He's a 6'9 pure C. You feel that limitation when he's going against another 7 footer.

The 8 to 10 million number J. Michael quoted gives me sticker shock. The only way I can get on board with paying that kind of money to keep Seraphin is if the cap shoots way way up by the summer of 2016 and Seraphin starts playing with a lot more consistency and shows improvement on defense.