Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Game Thread (Vent Here)

SIXX99

Eh. That's the one move that was win now. And McNabb can go for another three or four years easily. So I gotta think that they're 100% positive they're going to lock him up longterm. That's not the same as dropping multiple 1st rounders for, say, Roy Williams. That was the ultimate win now mistake. Remember, we didn't ante up and grab Vincent Jackson. So do you really think this is all win now?

Why would he want to stay. He can go to the Vikings are be a contender, here we will suck for awhile. It will take a number of drafts to get us good again. He will not want to stay to see that.

As dumb and as stupid as it may sound, this team still could be playing for 1st place if and that's a big IF they beat the Eagles. With that said, this team doesn't even look like it belongs on the same field as the Eagles. The defense is just HORRIBLE. They give up stuff up the middle like it's no big deal. I don't care if Landry gets a 100 tackles this year. It doesn't mean :pooh: The offense is one-dimensional. The running game is non-existent. Everybody is just going to be daring McNabb to beat them and he can't do it all the time. They don't have a #2 WR and that's so frustrating. Heyer is a joke on the OL and that just shows how bad their depth is. We could easily be in for a very long season and that SUCKS given all the potential for change this team had coming into this year.

I was feeling so good finally seeing our running game clicking then it just....stopped. :|

Defensively I don't understand why we can't seem to stop those intermediate, 7-12 yard middle-of-the field routes. The Texans ate us up with those all day last week, and this week the trend continued? What, does our secondary only work up at the line or far downfield?

Just...arrrghh..now I have to go to work and listen to the Eagles fans all week.

Maybe it's just me, but when this defense gets the opposing offense facing a 3rd down does anyone else just expect that they'll automatically pick it up? I swear I don't even get my hopes up anymore of them getting a stop. It really is demoralizing to see every team just march up and down the field against us. Pathetic

Don't worry, Be Happy! The Redskins already had their Super Bowl game by beating Dallas.

As I have said - the game has passed Shanny by, and he will be gone after next season; than we can see how Mighty Midget can screw up installing new coaches and new system again!

Dude, why are you even a fan?

Yes this team is not very talented -but to put that on Shanny after 3 games, and then call for a new screw up is beyond cynical. It's actually sort of dumb.

Coach S is getting hammered on the Haynesworth the deal, how Torain does not make the team and then gets elevated and becomes the focal point for this game while CP is on the sidelines. Looks and feels alot like a team that he does not fully have control of. Has a Zorn like feeling. I thought the same thing today with all of those stupid penalties.

Maybe it's just me, but when this defense gets the opposing offense facing a 3rd down does anyone else just expect that they'll automatically pick it up? I swear I don't even get my hopes up anymore of them getting a stop. It really is demoralizing to see every team just march up and down the field against us. Pathetic

No it's not just you, the only way for the other ream not to get a 1st down is for them to overthrow, or fall on a blade of grass like Portis.

first who's mother did devin thomas insult to not get on the field? by all accounts he's been a model citizen and even armstrong was out. this is almost to the point of vindictive.

second d hall, you can shut up now. you can't cover mark ****ing clayton or any of the other unnamed receivers on the team.

third this season so far feels like the shannahans are just chalking this season up as a wash and evaluating players. this season has seemed like an extended preseason. i mean we're rotating linemen on both sides like it's going out of style. clinton portis on the sideline at the end of the game when, if nothing else, he's your best pass blocker.

i may be crazy but it just feels like they figure we won't compete so might as well see who we should keep.

not much else to say, offense was terrible, defense was terrible, and special teams was mediocre at best.

The main problem is that our overall talent level is atrocious - the Rams likely have more talent on defense (including depth) than we do even though our best > their best. They also went away from the run (protip: Daddy needs to call the plays - you can't neglect the run then be suprised it doesn't work later, and Kyle neglected the run a LOT in Houston.)

We have a legit superstar LT, as evinced by how different the O looks without him. We need more overall talent on the line, especially inside.

Long-term the 3-4 remains the best decision, but we should have traded Carter and started Wilson and then made a play for a star 3-4 LB in the offseason. Fletcher and Rocky are fine in the middle.

Carriker is fine, but Golston isnt a starter regardless of scheme and Kemo is old. We need to get a NT somehow, and hope AH suddenly becomes a good 3-4 DE - good news is NTs tend to come out of nowhere (Franklin, Ratliff, Gregg (Ngata is NOT the NT for the Ravens) even Pickett)

Our problem is that our secondary outside Landry and Hall(who was NOT the guy getting beat much of the time) sucks and Carter can't cover in space.

I disagree with the notion that we'd have less holes in a 4-3 - we'd have a hole at strongside OLB, at the other DT spot, and I don't think starting two pure rush ends is a great idea (Orakpo at LE is a waste of his talent, Carter at LE is a bad idea period.) Secondary would still suck too.

I suspect the wheels would come off this D no matter who was here.

We as fans need to realize that we're 2 drafts away from true contender status - we're trying to rebuild a 4-12 (on paper - keep in mind how easy our schedule was last year, against an average schedule that team is historically ****ty, like 0-16 bad)

Our problems on offense are personnel related. The previous regime left Shanny with no depth at all on the line and one legit NFL receiver.

Our problems on defense are coaching related.

I agree except why is Thomas not given a shot over Galloway since Armstrong is out, that was just stupid IMO.

I am so ****ing tired of this. I have seen way too many games like this. Ugh. Makes me wish I was anything but a Redskins fan, honestly, is horrible.

We are a joke in the NFL, just as bad as the Lions, Rams, Browns, etc.

Don't tie your personal happiness to the teams performance, you might spend your life being miserable, this team has had one good year since 1992 in 2005 and that year weren't so good really.

alright... i need this.. here it goes...

I hate this god damned ****ty ****ing ******* piece of god damned crap team. I'm so sick of the same god damned ****ing piece of **** crap year after ****ing year after ****ing year. I can't even see straight i'm so ****ing sick of this god damned ****ing crap.

I seriously think this entire team needs to be trashed because every player we bring in here gets infected with the same ****ing curse that's been lingering inside this team for years. Once you are infected, you are ruined for the rest of your career.

i can't stand this ****ing bull****. It's the same god damned **** year after year after year.

whether it's Zorn and Campbell or Shanahan and McNabb.. we hand ****ing wins to the ****test ****ing teams in the league and just generally look like **** for no ****ing reason.

Somehow we'll show up against a few strong teams... to make it look like maybe somehow we aren't ****ing trash.. but we are.. it always comes back that we are ****ing trash.

trash.

alright... i need this.. here it goes...

I hate this god damned ****ty ****ing ******* piece of god damned crap team. I'm so sick of the same god damned ****ing piece of **** crap year after ****ing year after ****ing year. I can't even see straight i'm so ****ing sick of this god damned ****ing crap.

I seriously think this entire team needs to be trashed because every player we bring in here gets infected with the same ****ing curse that's been lingering inside this team for years. Once you are infected, you are ruined for the rest of your career.

i can't stand this ****ing bull****. It's the same god damned **** year after year after year.

whether it's Zorn and Campbell or Shanahan and McNabb.. we hand ****ing wins to the ****test ****ing teams in the league and just generally look like **** for no ****ing reason.

Somehow we'll show up against a few strong teams... to make it look like maybe somehow we aren't ****ing trash.. but we are.. it always comes back that we are ****ing trash.

trash.

Taking full advantage of the vent thread here haha. But the truth is 90% of us feel the exact same way. Thanks for vocalizing it. I'm just going to internalize it and give myself a fking ulcer.

This looked exactly like the Detroit game last year. We just show up and play with no heart or desire to win. I've been trying to stay optimistic for years now, but its getting harder and harder, I'll always be a die hard Skins' fan but man o' man do they make it difficult. The Rams shouldn't have scored more than 10-13 points, our D just has no balls.

Losing this game to the Rams is so depressing for so many reasons. Defensively, we absolutely look pathetic. Where is the man coverage on receivers? This switch to the 3-4 is causing our defense to look like wet tissue paper. Our secondary is not as good as advertised. Where is the push by our D-linemen? D. Hall looked like garbage. Because of his slip, a critical first down was made.

Offensively is even worse. Why in the world is Sellars playing the flat as a receiver is beyond me. Why was Cooley thrown to so late in the game? Why wasn't he involved earlier instead of Sellars? The running game made some strides but didn't make the critical plays when needed.

Third down is the money down in the NFL and no one on defense or offense earned anything. Would anyone really be surprised if McNabb left DC for Minn or Arizona? This team gets worse each week. Shanahan is so hell bent to make this team a 3-4 defense that it is costing us games each week. I know that Shanahan is so stubborn to stick with the 3-4 scheme, even though we don't have the personnel for it. Shouldn't there be at least some packages with 4 down linemen? Where is the offensive genius that is Kyle Shanahan?

The same mistakes that plagued this team last season is back again. I didn't see any effort out there. This team has no heart. Where is the fire on offense? Where is the belief that these plays being called can work? Defensively, where are the adjustments being made. For the past 3 weeks, our pass coverage in the secondary is terrible.

This is going to be a long, very long season. Filled with some thrills but mostly despair.

:helmet:

Archived