Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about Stephon Heyer

skins4ever17

those claiming backups are a step down from starters: NO ****.

backups SHOULD be competent tho, something heyer completely is NOT. heyer is seriously just a floating large body out there that takes up space and nothing more. he is a dreadful tackle at this point in his career and should be out of the NFL by next season.

Heyer screwed us royally in MANY ways today.

- Penalties

- letting rushers by to hurry McNabb

- required us to use Cooley as a blocker to help Heyer out, and in effect took away one of our best offensive weapons and threats.

This game is on Heyer, Danny Smith, Haslett, and our receiving corps. What a pathetic showing, but I do feel this game would've been a LOT different with Williams in the game.

Heyer screwed us royally in MANY ways today.

- Penalties

- letting rushers by to hurry McNabb

- required us to use Cooley as a blocker to help Heyer out, and in effect took away one of our best offensive weapons and threats.

This game is on Heyer, Danny Smith, Haslett, and our receiving corps. What a pathetic showing, but I do feel this game would've been a LOT different with Williams in the game.

Dude your points are understatements....we just realized how important Trent Williams is to this team...heck we could have won the Texans game if not for Heyer. Ehh...woulda shoulda...w/e I'm worn out

Heyer is utter garbage. He is a complete liability when he is on the field ... he has probably cost us a win or two over his career. I don't know why he is still on this team? There has to be a 4th string or undrafted FA out there that won't hold on every play and kill momentum for the team when he is on the field.

He isn't good enough to be playing the Maryland Twerps this year. He stinks.

Let's have a reality check here: our OL isn't that good and there were mistakes all over the line. Twice McNabb couldn't get the snap off. While Heyer had a false start, so did Hicks. As much as many would like to see Brown start at LT, I've seen him struggle with his guy at RT and I'm not sure he'd be any better right now.

Heyer made two mistakes: a false start and a pretty bad holding penalty. Other than that, He seemed to do alright out there. But, to sit here and blame the loss on him? Really, if Trent Williams played, we would have lost by just as much. The whole team lost this game yesterday.

Let's have a reality check here: our OL isn't that good and there were mistakes all over the line. Twice McNabb couldn't get the snap off. While Heyer had a false start, so did Hicks. As much as many would like to see Brown start at LT, I've seen him struggle with his guy at RT and I'm not sure he'd be any better right now.

Heyer made two mistakes: a false start and a pretty bad holding penalty. Other than that, He seemed to do alright out there. But, to sit here and blame the loss on him? Really, if Trent Williams played, we would have lost by just as much. The whole team lost this game yesterday.

the point is heyer is a very poor NFL player. he is not even a competent backup at this point, and is a liability at all times. hes had two costly holding penalties in his past two games as a spot duty starter. this is unacceptable and hes just following the same pattern from last season. hes not getting any better and he really offers nothing other than a body out there.

Somehow, despite horrible play, Stephon Heyer ends up as a starter every year. This guy has the NFL figured out.

He doesn't have anything figured out.He's just lucky the previous regime treated the offensive line like an afterthought. Heyer got signed as a rookie free agent because they needed a body and he was a local product.

Shanny and Bruce could only do so much in one offseason.

Heyer is not long for this league.

He doesn't have anything figured out.He's just lucky the previous regime treated the offensive line like an afterthought. Heyer got signed as a rookie free agent because they needed a body and he was a local product.

it wont surprise me to see ANOTHER roster purge next season, similar to what we did last offseason. another 6-8 guys just released outright to pave the way for new blood.

I know. I was just being :silly:

Seriously though, the guy is not even backup material.

the point is heyer is a very poor NFL player. he is not even a competent backup at this point, and is a liability at all times. hes had two costly holding penalties in his past two games as a spot duty starter. this is unacceptable and hes just following the same pattern from last season. hes not getting any better and he really offers nothing other than a body out there.

The problem with you is that there is no middle ground for you with players. In your mind, players are either good or they suck. I guess in your mind, most backups in the NFL would suck, because most of them are backups because they are not starting material. Heyer is always going to have some issues because he's not all that athletic, but he probably does more right than wrong. That is probably despite the fact that we have a brand new coaching staff who has no real connection to Heyer, that they thought he was worth a 2nd round tender and don't mind rotating him with Brown for most of the season so far. Hardly an organization who doesn't think Heyer doesn't belong in the NFL.

I'm just curious who'd you replace Heyer with. Capers? He was a RT in college and looked very much like a rookie. William Robinson? He didn't look all that great in preseason. As bad as you think Heyer is, the other options are worse.

I'm just curious who'd you replace Heyer with. Capers? He was a RT in college and looked very much like a rookie. William Robinson? He didn't look all that great in preseason. As bad as you think Heyer is, the other options are worse.

Yep. Because Shanny and company could only address so many holes in one offseason. When Heyer is your best option... well we better hope TW never misses another game this season.

The problem with you is that there is no middle ground for you with players. In your mind, players are either good or they suck. I guess in your mind, most backups in the NFL would suck, because most of them are backups because they are not starting material. Heyer is always going to have some issues because he's not all that athletic, but he probably does more right than wrong. That is probably despite the fact that we have a brand new coaching staff who has no real connection to Heyer, that they thought he was worth a 2nd round tender and don't mind rotating him with Brown for most of the season so far. Hardly an organization who doesn't think Heyer doesn't belong in the NFL.

of course theres middle ground with players. we have MOSTLY middle ground players on this roster, with very few upper tier players.

the fact is heyer is terrible as a backup or a starter. a backup should be a decent stop gap. a guy who comes in and can perform his job at an NFL level. not a guy who comes in, commits penalties regularly, needs extra help at all times, and is a liability on every play. heyer just sucks as a tackle in the NFL, plain and simple.

there is always going to be a drop off from a starter to a backup. and while that dropoff should be noticeable, it shouldnt be "fall off a cliff" noticeable.

Yep. Because Shanny and company could only address so many holes in one offseason. When Heyer is your best option... well we better hope TW never misses another game this season.

Guess what: that's probably true of most positions on the 31 other teams in the NFL. You lose a top performer, you are likely to have a big dropoff in talent and you are going to have to adjust to that. Fact is, most players who are going to come in reserve for a LT are going to be not nearly as good. Those that are are likely to become starters sooner rather than later.

Archived