Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Indsider: Kareem Moore practices in pads!

Sweet Sassy Molassy

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/kareem-moore/kareem-moore-practices-in-pads.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

Woo! I hope he is okay to come back for Sunday's game. I feel much better about him helping out with Andre Johnson than I do Doughty.

I also hope Perry Riley will get some reps, he looked pretty solid in preseason, and I think he could be a solid addition to our LB corps.

Free safety Kareem Moore returned to practice in pads Thursday, but defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth was unable to take any team reps.

Moore, who underwent arthroscopic knee surgery on Aug. 23, returned to practice earlier in the week but Thursday's practice marked the first time he wore pads.

"He went through some drills. We'll just see how he does day by day," Shanahan said. "But he's getting better. Much improved."

Reed Doughty started in place of Moore last Sunday against Dallas. Shanahan has not ruled Moore out of this week's game against Houston.

"Looked pretty good, like he's getting better," Shanahan said of Moore's work Thursday. "You've got to start working out before you can start going through football related drills, but you could see his agility is coming back and hopefully it won't be long."

Haynesworth, meanwhile, was listed on the team's injury report Wednesday as having limited participation. Shanahan said Haynesworth sprained his ankle at Wednesday's practice.

"He didn't take any team reps today. It was a little sore today," Shanahan said.

"Hopefully, it's not too serious and he'll be able to practice tomorrow."

Linebacker Perry Riley also returned to practice. Shanahan said that "it looks like he's full-speed and ready to go."

ESPN 980 While Perry Riley looks ready to go, Kareem Moore is unlikely for Sunday. Also, Albert Haynesworth is dealing with a sprained ankle and wasn't able to make it through a full practice today. Mike Shanahan added he hopes that injury isn't too serious and Haynesworth could, possibly, be back at practice Friday.

Yeah I posted the tweet about that in the injury report thread. http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?331997-Injury-report&p=7793112&viewfull=1#post7793112

I wouldn't hold out hope for him playing this week, but it does bode well for our defense. No insult to Doughty.

I'm sure Reed realizes he's a much better SS than FS.

ESPN 980 While Perry Riley looks ready to go, Kareem Moore is unlikely for Sunday. Also, Albert Haynesworth is dealing with a sprained ankle and wasn't able to make it through a full practice today. Mike Shanahan added he hopes that injury isn't too serious and Haynesworth could, possibly, be back at practice Friday.

?

Archived