Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

amarillo.com: Upset by Cowboys? You're not alone

tr1

Submitted by Lee Passmore on Tue, 09/14/2010 - 7:44pm

http://amarillo.com/blog-post/lee-passmore/2010-09-14/upset-cowboys-youre-not-alone

The first NFL weekend is now in the books and it's all too easy to jump to conclusions. And of course, nobody jumps to conclusions any quicker than those who evaluate the Dallas Cowboys, of whom 16-0 records and a sub-.500 season have been predicted at various intervals over the last 15 years.

Not being a Cowboys fan, I took some joy in their season opening loss to the Redskins, but I'll leave my glee at that. What the Cowboys caused more than anything else is pain, even to those people who aren't fans. It's easy to understand those "America's Team" (it's so hard to type that with a straight face) supporters wanting to see Alex Barron (and maybe Jason Garrett) join the swelling ranks of the unemployed, but for some people the Dallas loss us more personal.

The Cowboys didn't only fail to cover the point spread on the road (not all that uncommon) but they let down none other than Globe-News sports editor Lance Lahnert. For reasons unexplained, Bronco fan Lance picked the Cowboys as his one guaranteed win in the office Last Man Standing contest (ask around about it if you're wondering) and lost, eliminating him from contention for the rest of the season.

Lance was none too happy about this and I'd expect a Thumbs Down to the Cowboys. Can't say that I blame him. All it does is bring up issues of trust in Jerryworld, which seem to have become the norm lately.

But they are hosting the Bears this Sunday, and should be heavily favored. They're a sure thing, right? Right?

Plus I'll be at the Dallas / Redskins game in December, so mark that as a win. :beavisnbutthead:

are you really so arrogant to mark that down as a win when you just lost to us?

I mean its not even like we played a great game. We are still getting our schemes down and all of our players are still adjusting. While you had the same offense and defense for over three years.

Are you really sure you want to mark that as a win right now?:dallasuck

I do think the Cowboys will bounce back and beat the Bears big, but only because the Bears aren't very good and should have lost to the Lions at home with a backup QB.

Ok, I thought the Cowboys would "bounce back big" in their 3rd (well, 4th) preseason game, just because their offense had been doing so crappy up until then. But they didn't.

Then I figured they'd probably pull out all the stops against the Skins since everyone was criticizing and doubting the Dallas offense all preseason long. But they didn't.

I'm now starting to think the Cowboys won't be much different from what we've been seeing so far lol :yes:...

Ok, I thought the Cowboys would "bounce back big" in their 3rd (well, 4th) preseason game, just because their offense had been doing so crappy up until then. But they didn't.

Then I figured they'd probably pull out all the stops against the Skins since everyone was criticizing and doubting the Dallas offense all preseason long. But they didn't.

I'm now starting to think the Cowboys won't be much different from what we've been seeing so far lol :yes:...

Frankly, Colombo and Kosier should be pretty rusty on Sunday...

If the Bears win, watch the total panic in pukesville.

Our ****ty 4-12 team had you guys on the ropes till the last minute last time in Dallas. That was WITH Zorn coaching and Jason Campbell keeping it medium.

And don't forget their winning touchdown with two illegal men downfield. We should have won.

Archived