Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mystery call on Cooley

tr1

Actually, it was the guys in the booth who said he was moving forward, not the officials, as I recall. He was not set so that's probably why they threw the flag. I don't think much of NBC football, to be honest. Not very good coverage IMO. The funny thing was that the very next play, Cooley did move forward before the snap. It is what it is. You guys did a good job of doing what you needed to in order to win. Well deserved.

Actually, it was the referre who announced to the world that #47 was moving forward at snap.

It was a BS call. He even stopped before the snap. But on the next play, Cooley actually moved forward at the snap. And he opened a big hole for Portis. The only reason I can think they called that penalty, is because the Cowboys coaches were probably on the refs about him moving forward at the snap. So on that one play, the ref was convinced to watch it and call it. He just picked the wrong play. You see that happen in basketball all the time. A coach is all over an official about something, and the next play, you see it called. That's all I can think of on that play, because it certainly didn't happen the way the zebra described it.

Archived