Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mystery call on Cooley

tr1

It was our last possession...we're trying to run down the clock. And, Cooley gets called for some non-sense motion penalty that the replay showed was a crap call. That call stops our drive and forces us into a long fieldgoal/punt situation.

There are going to be plays where violations are missed...that's expected.

But, inventing stuff to give the pukes a chance is just hard to take.

Only thing I can think of is Rabach yanked Brooking down the play before that and it wasn't called. So maybe it was a "make up" call. I'd rather be backed up 5 yards instead of 10 so good for us!

I disagree with him being yanked down. Rabach never really put his hands on him. It was more of his arm and he flung Brooking off of him.

As for the call on Cooley, that was straight bull****.

I disagree with him being yanked down. Rabach never really put his hands on him. It was more of his arm and he flung Brooking off of him.

As for the call on Cooley, that was straight bull****.

Nah, believe me I doubled over laughing when I saw that play on Brooking, but Casey definitely grabbed him and pulled him down. It's there on tape but it happened in such a mass of people so quick it was easy to miss.

Why was it strange? The refs obviously needed the Cowboys to have one more chance to win the game. It couldn't just end like that. /sarcasm

You know what's even worse? Chris Collinsworth saying "yeah, you can't really tell looking at it" when it was the most obvious bs call ever, lol. Cooley didn't move an inch and it was super clear on the replay. They just can't help themselves, you know?

Only thing I can think of is Rabach yanked Brooking down the play before that and it wasn't called. So maybe it was a "make up" call. I'd rather be backed up 5 yards instead of 10 so good for us!

Yeah, maybe, but why don't we ever get make up calls? Heck, I would say that about most teams... it's painfully clear that the refs watch too much ESPN/NFL Network causing a Cowgirl sympathy that's uncontrollable.

About as bad as the one in the Packers game a few years ago that took back a TD and cost us the game. I mean that is an easy call, I don't know how you miss it. At least they called the one at the end, and I hope to God we don't get that crew from the Lions/Bears game.

Why was it strange? The refs obviously needed the Cowboys to have one more chance to win the game. It couldn't just end like that. /sarcasm

You know what's even worse? Chris Collinsworth saying "yeah, you can't really tell looking at it" when it was the most obvious bs call ever, lol. Cooley didn't move an inch and it was super clear on the replay. They just can't help themselves, you know?

Collinsworth is a tool.

Actually, it was the guys in the booth who said he was moving forward, not the officials, as I recall. He was not set so that's probably why they threw the flag. I don't think much of NBC football, to be honest. Not very good coverage IMO. The funny thing was that the very next play, Cooley did move forward before the snap. It is what it is. You guys did a good job of doing what you needed to in order to win. Well deserved.

Has the NFL turned into the NBA?!? :ols:

It was our last possession...we're trying to run down the clock. And, Cooley gets called for some non-sense motion penalty that the replay showed was a crap call. That call stops our drive and forces us into a long fieldgoal/punt situation.

There are going to be plays where violations are missed...that's expected.

But, inventing stuff to give the pukes a chance is just hard to take.

FWIW, he held on that play

please dont get me started on the officiating. While we won, I still think this was one of the worst officiated games i've seen in a while. The call for holding on Barron at the end was not the first time all night he had. He loved him some Rak, he was holding him so much I thought he was gonna ask Rak to marry him. and lets not forget during the fade routes to Armstrong the pass interference that was not called.

It was a BS call, but those things happen. Luckily the referees made the calls that mattered. I can't imagine how upset we would be if they had somehow managed to miss Barron strangling Orakpo on the final play like they had missed the majority of the Cowboys o-line doing it all game. I mean I know the Cowboys were called for holding plenty of times but they were holding badly on more plays than that.

and lets not forget during the fade routes to Armstrong the pass interference that was not called.
Eh....there were some questionable calls in the game, but those 2 plays were just good defense, IMO.

I flat out couldn't believe the roughing on London, and the illegal motion on Cooley. Neither of those should have been penalties and we're lucky neither of them cost us the game.

Archived