Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys fans, do you put this loss on the coaches?

NoCalMike

I can't say either team looked THAT good tonight. It was more like a sloppy-fest, with each team making some big plays here and there throughout the game.

However, it did seem like Wade Phillips/Jason Garrett were outcoached.

I know they didn't hold Orakpo on the last play, but Haslit did move him over there and the coaches decided not to give Barren any help against him.

Also, did the Cowboys give up on the run too early? Going into this season I was and still am afraid of the Redskins's lack of Run D until they get the 3-4 system down better.

It seemed early the Cowboys were doing ok running the ball, but then decided to stop, when they were only down a mere 10-0. Now if Skins get that last TD and make it 17-0 then I understand the change in offense, but 10-0 in the 3rd quarter, and the running game dissapears?

I think Jason Garrett had a good approach trying to protect the ol/Romo sits to pee early but he over did it. Clearly they should have kneeled the ball before the half.

I would say they were out coached.

But stupid players made the biggest impact on the game.

Congrats on the win. We seem to be good at gift-wrapping games on occasion. Do I blame the coaching staff? Yes, at least partially. No need to call a play with 4 seconds remaining in the half and 70 or so yards from the end zone. The biggest problem I have is with Garrett. I do not like his play calling and I never have. He does give up on the run, even when we're running the ball effectively. He will not use Felix Jones like he should be used. He does not use Felix anywhere near enough. Why do we run tosses to Barber in short yardage situations? Felix Jones maybe, but not Barber. He isn't fast enough to get to the edge and turn the corner. Obviously the fumble right before the half and our penalties cost us the game. I've never accused our team of being very smart. Talented, yes. Smart? no.

Congrats on the win. We seem to be good at gift-wrapping games on occasion. Do I blame the coaching staff? Yes, at least partially. No need to call a play with 4 seconds remaining in the half and 70 or so yards from the end zone. The biggest problem I have is with Garrett. I do not like his play calling and I never have. He does give up on the run, even when we're running the ball effectively. He will not use Felix Jones like he should be used. He does not use Felix anywhere near enough. Why do we run tosses to Barber in short yardage situations? Felix Jones maybe, but not Barber. He isn't fast enough to get to the edge and turn the corner. Obviously the fumble right before the half and our penalties cost us the game. I've never accused our team of being very smart. Talented, yes. Smart? no.

Of all the positions on offense, a RB not getting enough carries doesn't allow him to get into a groove.

Some might say Choice's cough-up would be a direct result of not enough touches.

Of all the positions on offense, a RB not getting enough carries doesn't allow him to get into a groove.

Some might say Choice's cough-up would be a direct result of not enough touches.

Possibly.

But the only thing I'm sure of is that I was screaming at the TV with 27 seconds left and no timeouts for JG to just take a knee. It's the only play when there's no chance of scoring. Very, very poor decision by a coaching staff that I lost a lot of faith in tonight.

This Dallas team might be one of the dumbest teams we have played in a long time. Honestly our talent is not even close to what they have, but my God are they stupid.

And its been this way for years, and is getting worse.

I can't argue this...some of the dumbest stuff happened in that game today. Adding guys like Alex Barron does nothing for the overall IQ of the team.

I can't argue this...some of the dumbest stuff happened in that game today. Adding guys like Alex Barron does nothing for the overall IQ of the team.

Being serious here, my texts throughout the game to my friends were "we simply don't have the talent to beat these guys"

And really, we don't. Regardless of coaching or whatever, there are not enough playmakers on the Redskins to scare the Cowboys D, nor scare the Cowboys O.

I am going to take this victory and run with it because God knows we have given you some gift wins in the past. But I am not feeling too hot on the Redskins after tonight

Being serious here, my texts throughout the game to my friends were "we simply don't have the talent to beat these guys"

And really, we don't. Regardless of coaching or whatever, there are not enough playmakers on the Redskins to scare the Cowboys D, nor scare the Cowboys O.

I am going to take this victory and run with it because God knows we have given you some gift wins in the past. But I am not feeling too hot on the Redskins after tonight

Very honest take on the game. I felt the same way after the game. Who knows, maybe this is the kind of win that can get the Skins believing, but they sure didn't look very good.

I'm not sure which problem is worse though: Talent with enough morons to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, or a lack of playmakers but a smarter team.

Very honest take on the game. I felt the same way after the game. Who knows, maybe this is the kind of win that can get the Skins believing, but they sure didn't look very good.

I'm not sure which problem is worse though: Talent with enough morons to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, or a lack of playmakers but a smarter team.

I think one of the traps a lot of people fall into is that early season games are indicative of an overall season. Teams change dramatically over the coarse of a season. Many crazy things typically happen in the opening week. I expect things to be tightened up and now you have film on every team from here on out. Guys are now in a groove as well.

This game stunk to lose from our perspective but it is not a season ender and I would think we will fix it. Tampa rolled us on the ground int he opener last year and everyone though we couldn't stop the run. That was not the case.

Good win, I think the Skins will be at worst a 7 win team this year. Losing to them on the road is not the end of the world for Dallas.

Losing this game really does not bother me, not really sure why.....I think if the Skins would of out played Dallas then that might of been different but this was Dallas just making stupid mistakes....Its a long season with a lot of hard games yet to play...by looking at next weeks games it would not surprise me to see everyone in the NFCE at 1-1...And I put this losss on Garrett, he is a poor play caller and was way out coached tonight

Some of the opinions in this thread are ridiculous. Didn't really see much talent on the Boys at all. OVERATED! Couldn't even beat a team with a brand new offensive AND defensive system! As a matter of fact, they could only put up 7 on the Skins' new "makeshift" 3-4. Lovin every minute of it!

BTW, Dallas should have been called for offsides on at least 3 or 4 other occasions. That must be the secret to their pass rush...

If I was a Dallas fan I would be arranging the lynching for Barron about now. What would have REALLY pissed me off were the shots of him after the game, seconds after he personally cost his team a win wandering around chatting to Redskins players laughing and smiling. Not only is he a terrible OT he does not seem to care about it.He should be cut now IMO.

You lost this game before the kick off with your offensive game plan which was exactly what I - and more importantly the Redskins defensive coaches - exepcted. Lots of short passes and screens to protect the shaky offensive line. I thought you would run more - which you should have done. It was not until you started trusting the pass pro and taking some shots that you started to look like the offensive you should be.

Bryant looks like he will be a player for you and with Austin and Witten gives you excellent receiving. Williams will be the 3rd receiver in a couple of weeks.

lol, the fail from the puke fans in this thread is great, so many excuses, so much to read and laugh at! Whenever they lose it's always something, always some reason. We don't care about the talent, we played smart football and that won the game, sorry your team lost, sucks to be you!

If I feel this is on the coaches? Well, if we're talking strictly based on the numbers on the scoreboard, yeah I would.. that end of the 2nd quarter decision was stupid to even attempt and Garrett should have called for a kneel down, HOWEVER, Romo sits to pee and Choice both need to realize he's not going to go the length of the field with the time expiring. Coaches fault for even being out there? Yes. But it was on the players for even trying to attempt an extremely low success option. Now, onto Barron. We can sit here and argue that the scheme should have given Barron help given the magnitude of that play and how bad he was abused all game. We can wonder if it would have been a sack if Orakpo wasn't held(It sure looked like it would, but I've seen Romo sits to pee sneak through defenders before too), however as a player you HAVE to know that ANY offensive penalty will 1) Negate whatever was done 2) END THE GAME. If Romo sits to pee was going to get sacked, let him go.. if you hold the game is over and well that's exactly what happened. So I guess what I'm trying to say, I do not feel the coaches, namely Garrett, put the Cowboys in a position to win tonight. But on the flip side, our players must be smarter about the consequences of their actions because ultimately the game was lost for the Cowboys on two plays where the players made some extremely bone headed decisions. I say that without taking anything away from the Skins, we could have overcome those mistakes but you guys played solid D to keep the score what it was. Anyone though who tries to pin this loss on Wade though doesn't know how the Cowboys operate.. Garrett has complete play calling control on offense, and just for you tr1, thanks to Mr. GM Jones. Good game though, I was fairly confident the Skins would exploit our line and we'd take a L this week, and that's exactly what happened.

If there's a person I put this game on in terms of coaching, it has to be Garrett. The guy is just such an average playcaller who got away from what was really working for the Cowboys, and that was running the ball with that 3 headed monster. I'll take the W, but the fact that it took terrible coaching on Dallas' offensive side of the ball really bothers me.

I really wouldn't blame them for the Romo sits to pee-Choice play. There's nothing wrong with taking a shot on the last play of the half. I want my team being at least that aggressive- throw it to the end zone, if the receiver catches it, 6 points, if the defender catches it, he has to run 100 yards thru our whole team to cost us anything.

It's on Romo sits to pee. Why pitch that ball? Are you really expecting Choice to run 60 yards for a TD? Either throw it up or kneel on it.

Well, I have to say that I do put this one on the coaches. I mean, the coaches didn't fumble the ball at the end of the half, that was TC. The coaches didn't hold on the final play, that was Barron. However, the Coaches should never have allowed the play at the end of the half to be run. Nothing good could come of that. Either throw the ball as far as you can and hope for a penalty or run the clock out. The one play that really got me crazy was not the hold on Barron. It was not the fumble on Choice. I hated both of those plays but the one that really got me pissed, the one that was 100% on the coaching staff was the Time Out called by the sideline on the run play from Barber. He was breaking free. He was already on the safety and going past him. At worst, that play would have been a 1st down deep in Redskin territory with a FG chip shot. At best, Barber takes it to the house. That play was free and clear and the sideline calls a timeout. That pissed me off more then I can even tell you.

Just was not to be. Nothing on the Skinz. You played a good enough game to win. Things like that just eat me up.

The one play that really got me crazy was not the hold on Barron. It was not the fumble on Choice. I hated both of those plays but the one that really got me pissed, the one that was 100% on the coaching staff was the Time Out called by the sideline on the run play from Barber. He was breaking free. He was already on the safety and going past him. At worst, that play would have been a 1st down deep in Redskin territory with a FG chip shot. At best, Barber takes it to the house. That play was free and clear and the sideline calls a timeout. That pissed me off more then I can even tell you.

Just was not to be. Nothing on the Skinz. You played a good enough game to win. Things like that just eat me up.

Heres the thing... The Redskins stopped playing because they heard the whistle. That play would not have been that wide open if the Redskins hadnt stopped. Its kind of silly to select that as the biggest play, because it didnt happen and wouldnt have happened how it appeared on TV.

Archived