Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hawkeye OL Josh Koeppel Crash

Kosher Ham

I don't know if you guys have seen this, but it was on the news this morning.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D61NxAdymQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D61NxAdymQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That kid is a tough one.

I think he was wearing a helmet, it just popped off when he hit the ground. It wasn't a full-face motorcycle helmet, but he had one.

Yeah he had one on. It flew off when he got nailed. I'da been pissed at that idiot truck driver though. Josh had the right of way, and that truck tried to speed through the turn arrow. I'd sue the **** outta him if I were Josh.

Another reason why I'll never own a bike, especially in the congested DC area....that guy pulled right out in front of him. People on bikes go unnoticed sadly.

I've been thinking about getting one. Not like a crotch rocket, or chopper, or Harley. Like an old-fashioned, simple bike. I guess kinda like what they ride in Europe. But stuff like this gives me real pause. I'm a pretty clumsy guy to start with. My wife thinks it's a lock I'll die if I get one.

He just flipped you over the hood of his truck and you're going to get up and beat his ass? Would you really beat someone's ass because of a traffic accident? Have fun going to jail for assault.

Pretty much. **** happens. I've been in probably half a dozen accidents in my life (none in the last 4 years). Split on my fault vs the other persons fault. The only time I got mad was when this ****er in a big F-250 asked me if we really needed to involve the police after he took off the back half of my car and slamed the front half into the car in front me. It was just so ridiculous. Other than that though, eh. Like I said, **** happens. Getting mad ain't helping anything. And it'll probably be your fault one day.

He just flipped you over the hood of his truck and you're going to get up and beat his ass? Would you really beat someone's ass because of a traffic accident? Have fun going to jail for assault.

In that situation, yes.

In my cars, I don't care as much. But on my bike, I would be in a rage.

I would go to jail for the night, if that.

It's no excuse but if you look at the shadows on the pavement it's pretty clear the driver of the truck had full sun in his eyes. I used to commute east in the morning and west in the afternoon and I can tell you some times it was downright scary because of all the glare and direct light into my eyes. Sunglasses and the visor didn't cut it. I hated it and often times wondered how I didn't get into accidents in stop and go traffic.

In that situation, yes.

In my cars, I don't care as much. But on my bike, I would be in a rage.

I would go to jail for the night, if that.

Well, I'm sure the guy didn't mean to do it. He'll be sited for failure to yeild the right of way. I mean, do you really think someone gets in their car to cause an accident? It's why they call it an accident. You can't go through life flying off at the handle and beating people's asses. That was my point. And just remember, no matter how bad-ass you think you are, there is always someone out there that will whoop you and you never know if you'll run into them. Maybe the old guy is an 6th degree blackbelt in Kempo Karate.

Well, I'm sure the guy didn't mean to do it. He'll be sited for failure to yeild the right of way. I mean, do you really think someone gets in their car to cause an accident? It's why they call it an accident. You can't go through life flying off at the handle and beating people's asses. That was my point. And just remember, no matter how bad-ass you think you are, there is always someone out there that will whoop you and you never know if you'll run into them. Maybe the old guy is an 6th degree blackbelt in Kempo Karate.

And I agree with that also. Usually.

Archived