Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free Redskins game ticket! - Red Cross:Give blood, get one free game ticket

SkinsNatsFan

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Red_Cross_Blood_Drive_Promotion_150035.jsp

Give Blood, Get Redskins-Cowboys Tickets!

The Redskins have teamed up with the American Red Cross for a series of blood donation events -- and to thank fans for donating, all blood drive participants will receive one (1) Redskins regular season game ticket for an upcoming game at FedExField.

Participate with a friend and you will each get a ticket. Yes, there are tickets available for the opening game against Dallas!

All tickets are courtesy of the American Red Cross.

To claim a ticket, the next Redskins blood drive is scheduled for this Friday, Sept. 3 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.

Locations

Virginia: Christian Fellowship Church, in Ashburn, Va.

Maryland: Damascus Lions Club, in Damascus, Md.

Appointments are required -- walk-ins are not accepted. Please call 1-800-RED CROSS or visit www.redcrossblood.org/Redskins for all upcoming Redskins blood drives.

There are very limited appointments left for the Sept. 3 blood drive.

There will be second drive on Friday, Sept. 10 at Continental Event Center in Manassas, Va., where participants can claim Texans tickets.

Interested donors can also do the following to receive immediate, ongoing updates:

TEXT LIFE to 79685; Reply GIVE to schedule your appointment. Standard text message rates apply.

Follow the local Red Cross on Twitter for Redskins announcements at https://twitter.com/redcrossbaltdc

The Red Cross is the exclusive blood donation partner of the Washington Redskins.

The September 3rd blood drive is completely booked! However I just made an appointment for the drive on September 10th in Mantissas. The lady I spoke with on the phone said that it was 30% booked so far. If anyone wants to jump on that I recommend it.

I'll look forward to sitting way up in the nosebleeds by myself. If anyone wants to make an appointment around noon you might get the seat next to me. :)

I'll give them a free ticket if they'll stop adding me to their telephone-list every time I give blood. 4 weeks after the last time I give blood it turns into reminder calls every other day that I'm eligible again and they want me to come back in. Every time I have to tell them to stop calling me and remove me from their phone list, but every time I donate again right back on the list I go.

The September 3rd blood drive is completely booked! However I just made an appointment for the drive on September 10th in Mantissas. The lady I spoke with on the phone said that it was 30% booked so far. If anyone wants to jump on that I recommend it.

I'll look forward to sitting way up in the nosebleeds by myself. If anyone wants to make an appointment around noon you might get the seat next to me. :)

Too bad it's all booked. I'd have given blood for a ticket. :silly:

You should so they can stop blowing my home and work phone up. (O-Neg as well)

Eww they call you at home and at work? Can't you ask them to stop?

Also: do you have to give them those numbers or can you be like, "I heard you call previous donors incessantly, so I'll give you my blood , but not my number?" :evilg:

I've stopped answering unknown calls because of this. Do you just actually talk to someone and tell them to stop calling?

When they call you to get you to try to make an appointment, just tell the person on the phone to have your number pulled from the list and to stop calling you. They'll honor it and stop calling you until you give blood again.

I see.

Now for the important question: does it hurt?

Have you ever had a toothpick forcibly jammed up under your big toenail?

I kid. Seriously it's not a big deal. You feel a jab for all of 2 seconds, if that, that's no worse than getting a shot. You really don't even feel it once it's in. After you're done the spot might be kinda sore for a little bit. Free cookies and juice, and you've helped save a life. Totally worth the 2 seconds of discomfort imo.

I kid. Seriously it's not a big deal. You feel a jab for all of 2 seconds, if that, that's no worse than getting a shot. You really don't even feel it once it's in. After you're done the spot might be kinda sore for a little bit. Free cookies and juice, and you've helped save a life. Totally worth the 2 seconds of discomfort imo.

I've donated probably 15-20x in my life and beyond the initial stick, it's not bad. They also stick your finger and draw a tiny pipeete during the screening to measure your iron level....

In addtion to free tix, snacks, and juice, you can get free stuff off this website:

www.redcrossracing.com

BTW, they shouldn't be calling you every 4 weeks as you can give no more than once every 8 weeks. I can see them calling you though if you have O neg as there currently is a short supply of that...hmmm.....maybe you can get 2 tix or a club seat :)

I've donated probably 15-20x in my life and beyond the initial stick, it's not bad. They also stick your finger and draw a tiny pipeete during the screening to measure your iron level....

<snip>

BTW, they shouldn't be calling you every 4 weeks as you can give no more than once every 8 weeks. I can see them calling you though if you have O neg as there currently is a short supply of that...hmmm.....maybe you can get 2 tix or a club seat :)

O+, next best thing. ^_^

And you're right, it's 8 weeks. But as soon as that 8th week hits they are calling you every other day until you go in or tell them to stop.

I forgot about the iron test. It's less fun now, since they changed the test. They don't do the drops in the floaty water tube thing anymore..that was entertaining.

Free juice? ^.^

Do they tell you what your blood type is afterwards or did you guys find out from your doctor or something?

You also get a wrapped bandage on your arm (be sure to ask for either Red/Burgandy or Yellow/Gold...don't get Cowboys blue).. You also get a sticker saying you gave blood and they tell you no physical activity the rest of the day (IE can't cut the grass or do chores!). I also have heard that with one pint less of blood in your body, you can get a good buzz with less booze (not that I'm advocating that!)

Archived