Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free Redskins game ticket! - Red Cross:Give blood, get one free game ticket

SkinsNatsFan

We got there around 1 and left after 3 because a computer problem of some sort delayed the process. He got there after 1 and was still there went we left. He was sitting at one of the round tables in the area they sent us to after we checked in, where we waited for them to call our numbers.

I got there around 11:50 AM. Cheerleaders Jamilla and Milla were at the initial sign in place and were signing copies of the squad pic. There was quite a wait to go to the second check point (the one where they take your blood pressure, temperature, pulse, do the iron test, and do the "lifestyle questions"). Once you got past that point, it was real quick. They had a ton of cots in the back. I would say only about 30% of them were being used when I came through. It looked like all the tickets they had were for the same section. I got a ticket for section 447 row 25 and asked when Gary Clark was going to be there. They said they heard he just got there. When I came out, Gary Clark was sitting at one of the tables in the waiting area (and wearing as ES hat!!). Amazingly, only 1-2 people were talking to him, I grabbed a ball and a couple of mini-helmets and told my wife to come get in line with me....by the time I looked up again, there were 8 people in line. He was very nice and signed our items (one of which my nephew is getting for his b-day, one for an animal rescue group we are involved with, and one for me!!).

When we left, the cheerleaders were gone.

I think Clark was going to be there from 1-3 PM.

I got there around 11:50 AM. Cheerleaders Jamilla and Milla were at the initial sign in place and were signing copies of the squad pic. There was quite a wait to go to the second check point (the one where they take your blood pressure, temperature, pulse, do the iron test, and do the "lifestyle questions"). Once you got past that point, it was real quick. They had a ton of cots in the back. I would say only about 30% of them were being used when I came through. It looked like all the tickets they had were for the same section. I got a ticket for section 447 row 25 and asked when Gary Clark was going to be there. They said they heard he just got there. When I came out, Gary Clark was sitting at one of the tables in the waiting area (and wearing as ES hat!!). Amazingly, only 1-2 people were talking to him, I grabbed a ball and a couple of mini-helmets and told my wife to come get in line with me....by the time I looked up again, there were 8 people in line. He was very nice and signed our items (one of which my nephew is getting for his b-day, one for an animal rescue group we are involved with, and one for me!!).

When we left, the cheerleaders were gone.

I think Clark was going to be there from 1-3 PM.

That great, Gary is one of the best players with fans I've met. Every Skins fan should meet him because he was a true Redskin not bums like Haynesworth and Brandon Lloyd

BTW, the lady from the Red Cross said this was year 1 of a 3 year deal they have with the Redskins. So I guess we should expect to see more of this again in 2011 and 2012.

Also, they were running the "Hand of God" Game on all of the TVs on the Club Level, so I got to watch that again while I was waiting.

Link announcing the agreement between the Redskins and the Red Cross (no mention of length of the deal though)

http://www.redcrossblood.org/news/gcp/local-red-cross-teams-washington-redskins-exclusive-blood-donation-partner

• 6 months later...
bump; anyone know of any dates or if this is going on again?

Found this with google, not much detail, but it looks like there will be something in Ashburn on Aug. 27th from 8 AM to 3 PM. No details on what kind of SWAG will be given out (probably Tampa Bay preseason tix and there will be a ton of those available as nobody wants to go to a Thursday night preseason game).

http://events.wusa9.com/Red_Cross_Blood_Drive/219636746.html

I donated on July 3, so I'm out until Aug 28 (d'oh!).

If you hit the little calendar icon, this address pops up.

Washington Redskins, 21673 Beaumeade Circle, Ashburn, VA

Found this with google, not much detail, but it looks like there will be something in Ashburn on Aug. 27th from 8 AM to 3 PM. No details on what kind of SWAG will be given out (probably Tampa Bay preseason tix and there will be a ton of those available as nobody wants to go to a Thursday night preseason game).

http://events.wusa9.com/Red_Cross_Blood_Drive/219636746.html

I donated on July 3, so I'm out until Aug 28 (d'oh!).

If you hit the little calendar icon, this address pops up.

Washington Redskins, 21673 Beaumeade Circle, Ashburn, VA

whats up with the naked "plus sized" chick in the second flickr photo???

http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation-other?city=ashburn&state=VA&date%5Bmin%5D%5Bdate%5D=2011-08-27&date%5Bmax%5D%5Bdate%5D=2011-08-27

August 27, 2011 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM

Washington Redskins

Site: Christian Fellowship Church

21673 Beaumeade Circle

Ashburn, VA 20147

Donation Types: Blood, Double Red Cell Donations

Click here to schedule an appointment to donate http://www.membersforlife.org/rccm/mobilesch/login.php?sponsorcode=16004

• 1 month later...

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Red-Cross-Blood-Drive/91F3B8A8-3AD6-45A5-B09E-16E0C030F9FA?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Redskins-Red Cross Blood Drive

Posted 1 hour ago

Redskins fans -- Support your team and your local Red Cross by making a life-saving blood donation!

The American Red Cross Greater Chesapeake and Potomac (GC&P) Blood Services Region and the Washington Redskins have teamed up for a community blood drive on Friday, Sept. 2 at the Crowne Plaza in Arlington, Va.

The Red Cross will provide all blood drive participants with one (1) game ticket to the Redskins' regular season opener against the New York Giants at FedExField!

This event launches the second year of a series of season-long Redskins-Red Cross blood drives with participating locations in Washington, D.C., Virginia or Maryland. More than 4,000 area participants attended a series of Redskins-Red Cross blood drives during the 2010-11 season and hundreds more attended off-season special events.

Appointments are strongly suggested.

For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 1-800-RED-CROSS ( 1-800-733-2767 ) or visit www.redcrossblood.org/redskins.

Who: The American Red Cross and Washington Redskins

What: Redskins - Red Cross Blood Drive

When: Friday, Sept. 2, 2011

8 a.m. - 3 p.m.

Where: Crowne Plaza

901 North Fairfax Street

Arlington, VA 22314

Phone: 1-800-RED-CROSS

Web: www.redcrossblood.org/redskins

I called for the drive today and i was placed on the wait list

Are there 200,000 people on that wait list too?? :)

BTW, what section(s) were these seats for? I got an upper level endzone corner ticket when I donated last year for the Giants game....not sure if those seats are still there now. I donated today at a drive here in Fredericksburg. I got some Keebler cookies and a red cross bag. If you donated today, your next date to donate is Oct 28. The Dallas game is Nov 21. :)

Archived