Free Redskins game ticket! - Red Cross:Give blood, get one free game ticket

SkinsNatsFan

Another drive:

Friday, October 26

8 am - 3 pm

Hilton Hotel Gaithersburg

620 Perry Parkway

Gaithersburg, MD 20877

All presenting donors will receive 1 game ticket* to an upcoming Redskins regular season home game, courtesy of the Red Cross!

Participate with a group of friends or family and you will all receive game tickets together!

Appointments are required.

To register, click on a drive location below or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).

• 2 weeks later...

Donate blood at an upcoming Burgundy & Gold blood drive.

All presenting donors will receive 1 game ticket to an upcoming 2012 regular season home football game, courtesy of the Red Cross!

Participate with a group of friends or family and you will all receive game tickets together!

Appointments are strongly recommended.

To register call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).

Friday, November 5

12 pm - 7 pm

Hanover High School

401 Moul Avenue

Hanover, PA 17331

More drives:

Monday, November 12

10 am - 5 pm

Continental Event Center (Main Ballroom)

9705 Liberia Ave.

Manassas, VA 20110

Wednesday, November 21

10 am - 5 pm

Sterling Safety Center (Patton Hall)

46700 Middlefield Dr.

Sterling, VA 20165

To register, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).

• 2 weeks later...

Another drive....

http://www.redcrossblood.org/redskins

Saturday, November 24

8 am - 3 pm

Holy Cross Hospital

1500 Forrest Glen Rd.

Silver Spring, MD 20910

The American Red Cross truly appreciates the outpouring of support from the public in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy. The response we received from donors has enabled the Red Cross to reach a sufficient blood supply to meet patient needs. Although the blood supply has been replenished, the need for blood is constant and the Red Cross encourages donations year-round.

Blood and platelet donations tend to decline during the hectic holiday season as donors become busy with vacations, holiday shopping, travel plans and gatherings with family and friends. Blood is an essential component for patient care in area hospitals, and the only source of blood is a healthy, volunteer blood donor. It’s the blood on the shelves that helps save lives before, during and after a disaster.

The Red Cross is preparing to respond to a Nor’easter storm heading towards the East Coast, at the same time as the massive relief effort for Superstorm Sandy is underway. The new storm has the potential to cause the cancellation of additional blood drives in affected locations. We’re asking donors, especially those in places not affected by the storm, to schedule a time to give blood or platelets in the days and weeks to come.

When disaster strikes, the need for blood and platelets does not diminish, even though donors may find it difficult to get to a convenient donation opportunity. By making an appointment to donate blood in the upcoming days or weeks ahead, you help to ensure that blood will be available should conditions prohibit people in some parts of the country from being able to reach donation centers or drives.

Eagles tix:

Donate blood at the upcoming Burgundy & Gold blood drive below.

The first 69 donors will receive 1 game ticket* to see a 2012 regular season home football game on Sunday, November 18, at FedExField courtesy of the Red Cross!

To register, click on a drive location below or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).

* Gifts and prizes are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.

Saturday, November 17

8 am - 4 pm

Greater Hanover Donation Site

529 Carlisle Street

Hanover, PA 17331

OK, folks here is the drive you have been waiting for. DALLAS TICKETS!!!!!

I got the following email today from the Red Cross:

Hello all,

Washington Redskins American Red Cross are hosting an upcoming blood drive.

Please join our lifesaving mission and schedule an appointment today!

Drive Details:

Site: Washington Redskins (FedEx Field)

Date: Wed Dec 26, 2012

Time: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM

Co-ordinator Name: Eddie Hicks

Other Upcoming Drives

Drive Details:

Site: Washington Redskins (FedEx Field)

Date: Thr Dec 27, 2012

Time: 12:00 PM - 07:00 PM

Co-ordinator Name: Eddie Hicks

Every donor will receive a free ticket to the Redskins vs Cowboys game

The need for blood is constant and only volunteer donors can fulfill that need for patients in our community. Nationwide, someone needs a unit of blood every 2 to 3 seconds and most of us will need blood in our lifetime.

Thank you for supporting the American Red Cross blood program!

>> The title of the email said it would be at FedEx Field.

BTW, I am signed up for the first day at 10:30.....

Here is the address. You will need to give them the zipcode if you do this over the phone or if you search for the drive on the Red Cross Site..

1600 Fedex Way Landover, MD 20785

The blood drive this weekend is only open to holy cross employees. I called, and that makes no sense.

No, unless it is in some secured area where only employees can go, which would not make sense either. BTW, I don't see that drive on the Red Cross Blood site when I searched for that zip code. If you are looking for Giants tix, I think the one on 11/30 might be your best bet if you are looking for a drive in MD. BTW, like I said before, I have no inside info on these drives. I just keep an eye on the red cross website. I did get an email about the drives at FedEx that still have not appeared on www.redcrossblood.org/redskins ...not sure if anybody else got the email, but I did sign up at the draft day party to get emails about the Redskins drives and I told the people at the table that I frequenty posted info about the drives on this website.

agree, thats where i checked too for the blood drive. Saturday, November 24

8 am - 3 pm

Holy Cross Hospital

1500 Forrest Glen Rd.

Silver Spring, MD 20910

It doesn't show up and when i called they said open for employees. I am going to go anyway and show up. What can do they, deny me lol? I am looking for tickets to ravens game.

Are they giving Redskins-Ravens tickets?

>> I believe the drivees for 11/21 - 11/23 are T-Shirts only. If you are looking for Ravens tickets, I would try this drive.

Friday, November 30

11 am - 6 pm

Montgomery County Fairgrounds

16 Chestnut Street

Gaithersburg, MD 20877

They might not have any Ravens tickets though..hard to say. My guess is they will be pushing Giants tix as that is the next home game after the drive. If you really want to score Ravens tickets, I would try to hit a drive after the Giants game and before the Ravens game. As of right now, there are no drives announced for those dates. You could try the drive on 11/30 and ask for Ravens tickets rather than Giants (be polite, but insistant).

agree, thats where i checked too for the blood drive. Saturday, November 24

8 am - 3 pm

Holy Cross Hospital

1500 Forrest Glen Rd.

Silver Spring, MD 20910

It doesn't show up and when i called they said open for employees. I am going to go anyway and show up. What can do they, deny me lol? I am looking for tickets to ravens game.

>> Did you go and were you able to donate? If so, what game did you get and where is your seat? Thanks - MB452 (curious to see what kind of seats they are giving out this year as the ones they have given out before are no longer there).

FedEx Drives announced on the Red Cross website (but you saw it here first) : 250 tickets available (not sure if that's per day or 250 total). I am going the first day at 10:30. U snooze, U lose:

Wednesday, December 26

10 am - 5 pm

First 250 presenting donors receive 1 ticket to Redskins vs. Cowboys game

FedExField

1600 Fed Ex Way

Landover, MD 20785

Thursday, December 27

12 pm - 7 pm

First 250 presenting donors receive 1 ticket to Redskins vs. Cowboys game

FedExField

1600 Fed Ex Way

Landover, MD 20785

http://www.redcrossblood.org/redskins

BTW, new donor rewards program coming in 2013 - VIP Lifesavers - Sign up here this program here: www.redcrossblood.org/sed/vip

For December 26 and 27th, I tried to scehdeule a appointment but no times were listed. Is me and my buddy SOL to get the tickets?

Try calling the phone number and see if you can get scheduled. If none available, see if they will put you on a wait list.

1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).

EDIT >> Spoke to friend and she said she got one of the last slots on 12/26, so maybe it has filled up. Nonetheless, I would try getting on a wait list.

Archived