Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2007 draft

skinswin=happy

I was just looking at the 2007 draft and I cant help but wonder how awesome it would have been if we took Revis or Peterson instead of Landry. What are your thoughts do you all think Laron might actually for once in his life play like a top 10 pick and redeem himself?

You are wishing we had a contract holdout going on right now?

LL30 could have been much better if he was playing SS and not FS....

he is a SS and needs to be 8-15 yards from the LOS, if he is any deeper he is a fish out of water.

when ST21 died he had to play FS and was 25-30 yards deep b/c he was uncomfortable back there, he is BAD IN SPACE

until there is a solid FS and he can just play SS (like he is this year) we will never know his true talent

I was just looking at the 2007 draft and I cant help but wonder how awesome it would have been if we took Revis or Peterson instead of Landry. What are your thoughts do you all think Laron might actually for once in his life play like a top 10 pick and redeem himself?

You can do this with any draft ever in the history of sports. I would've loved to have Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, DeMarcus Ware, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, etc. So who cares?

The choice at the time was a solid, safe choice. One can always look back and say "We could have gotten X, or Y," but as long as the choice at the time was a good one, you can't argue against it.

Landry was a good choice at the time, and like others have noted, having ST and LL together would have been an amazing combo.

I would say that CB was a pretty solid need at that point. And also could have traded portis and gotten something worth it at that point and brought in AP. We already recently used a top 10 pick onm a safety, using another was just dumb. There's no balance in that drafting strategy.

What if Terminators were real? But really Landry has had his highs and lows but one of the expectations with being a top 10 pick is that you start from day 1 and your productive. Landry so far hasn't proven to be a superstar but he has been there from day one and produced enough to warrant him being top 10 pick IMO.

Well in 2005 Portis had a 1500 yard year. Of course CP did get hurt in 06 but Betts also had a real good year, so I think a lot of us would have been quite angry at the time if we had taken another RB, although I think we'd be okay with it now. :laugh:

As far as Revis goes, he sort of came out of nowhere didn't he? I don't think anyone was hyping him up as a top 10 pick or anything in 07. That'd be like saying what if we drafted Tom Brady instead of whatever scrub we drafted in the late rounds of 2000...

I would say that CB was a pretty solid need at that point. And also could have traded portis and gotten something worth it at that point and brought in AP. We already recently used a top 10 pick onm a safety, using another was just dumb. There's no balance in that drafting strategy.

Um, we had also recently used a top 10 pick recently on a corner.

AP was injured in all 3 of his college years(and his first with the Vikings).

Well in 2005 Portis had a 1500 yard year. Of course CP did get hurt in 06 but Betts also had a real good year, so I think a lot of us would have been quite angry at the time if we had taken another RB, although I think we'd be okay with it now. :laugh:

As far as Revis goes, he sort of came out of nowhere didn't he? I don't think anyone was hyping him up as a top 10 pick or anything in 07. That'd be like saying what if we drafted Tom Brady instead of whatever scrub we drafted in the late rounds of 2000...

Funny how everyone says we could have had Brady, but he was pick #199 and Husak was pick #202. Sure we could have had him in earlier rounds, but everyone else up to pick #198 passed him by also.

This is a big year for Landry and I already see improvements in his game and attitude towards the game. Peterson would've been nice but at the time we had a ton invested in CP and Betts was coming off an 1100 yard season so I can understand why you'd pass on Peterson and Revis has developed better than a lot of people thought. Ask me in February whether Landry was a wasted pick because he may break out this season

Archived