Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you guys blame the Giants if it were Ramsey?

Tom [Giants fan]

Which Old Man will out-wit the other ?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which Old Man will out-wit the other ?

• Advantage : "Bruiser" Bruce Smith ; Vinny wasnt even mobile in his prime. Imagine how slow he is now
    • Advantage : Vinny ; That quick, powerful arm makes up for his slowness, and will release, before Bruiser can get a piece
    • It's a Draw ! Both old guys will run out of breath at the same time.

There are a couple of Jet fans on the gangreen board blaming Fassel for throwing an "unneccessary" blitz at Pennington during a preseason game causing Pennington to be injured. Would you feel the same way if it were Ramsey who were hurt under the same circumstances in a preseason game? I personally think it is ridiculous to blame Fassel or the Giants in any way.

Jet fans are a bit hysterical and you'll have to forgive them. No, I wouldn't blame the Giants at all. I might wonder how come teams blitz us so much even in the preseason when we don't do any blitzing at all really, but aside from that, the blame would be on my own coaching staff for not accounting for the delayed blitz or even whispering at a streaking guy.

It was the Jets, mind you, who kept Pennington in for a meaningless two minute drill. Or, that's not so meaningless they'd say. You have to work on that in the preseason. But, the defense isn't supposed to work on making a stop? Why was Pennington in the game passing the ball in the two minute offense exactly? Was it, perhaps, to work on the two minute drill? Can't the Giants also be allowed to work on the two minute defense a little? Or is it just that the Jets get to march down the field and that's that?

I wouldn't pay much attention to Jets fans on this one. They want their cake and they don't want to be asked how come you don't get a piece.

I've come to the conclusion that Jets fans love to cry about everything. The blitz itself isn't what caused the injury it was the way he fell. Last time I checked, they blitz in football and football is what they were playing, even if it was preseason.:cry:

I wouldnt.. these things happen........ Defenses have to test out there blitz packages.... I dont think preseason is the time for qbs to scramble.. if its not there just throw it away dont wait so long and start running around out of the pocket..Either way freak injury

From what I've been reading, the Redskins' first three opponents have blitzed mercilessly and on occasion knocked the crap out of Ramsey and the other QBs. And I don't have a problem with it. This is a live football game, not a scrimmage, and defenses have a right to work on their blitz packages and, in the case of the two opponents the Skins will face in the regular season, to show "Blitz Package A" to give Spurrier something to think about when he's game-planning them later, only to switch it up. Frankly, I'm sure Spurrier wants to see blitzes in preseason 'cause he's sure as heck going to see them come September. Now the cheap shots and late hits, by first-stringers as occurred with the Ravens? That bothers me, especially in preseason.

It's not remotely the fault of the Giants. Now, had Ramsey or Coles been injured on those blatant late hits, I'd have been furious. But this was perfectly normal play within the whistles, and its not like Brandon Short cheap-shotted him, he just dragged him down from behind and Pennington's hand hit the ground in an awkward position.

It royally sucks for the Jets, but its really just one of those freak accidents, and not something to complain about.

Originally posted by CrankyTodd

It's not remotely the fault of the Giants. Now, had Ramsey or Coles been injured on those blatant late hits, I'd have been furious. But this was perfectly normal play within the whistles, and its not like Brandon Short cheap-shotted him, he just dragged him down from behind and Pennington's hand hit the ground in an awkward position.

It royally sucks for the Jets, but its really just one of those freak accidents, and not something to complain about.

Todd is right on the money here. The Giants didn't do anything wrong. There was no evil intent.:2cents:

I'm with the crowd here. I don't blame the Giants. I do think there is an overabundance of blitzing this preseason. I think we face a blitz more than three-quarters of all passing plays. I may be exaggerating... that's not testing the package, that's living and dying by it. It's the late hits and head hits in a meaningless preseason game that bugs me. The hits to the head. That out of bounds shot to the back of Cole's knees. Dirty play.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but the intent to hurt Pennington was not there. It was a clean and legal hit.

I do have a problem with the cheap shots the Ravens were

taken. Glad to see Arrington in Lewis' face letting him know

who's house he was in.

If I were SS, I'd want my opponents to pull out the stops.

The whole reason we're out there risking injuries, is so we can find out how this thing we've built works against real defenses. (If we wanted to see how they worked against half defenses, we'd have stayed in Redskins Park.)

I think I'd even go so far as to do some trash-talking, in the hopes of getting the Ravens inspired enough to not hide their real playbook.

If we can't handle a blitz, then I'd much rather find that out when it doesn't count.

Ramsey has been blitzed all the time. Defenses have to run them to find out what they can and cant do. Like when we blitzed champ and Patten burnt Terrell for the TD, we found out that we cant blitz champ. The Giants had to do it its football. The jets need to stop whining, then go find their own stadium and get their **** together. I would have blamed the Ravens if Coles got hurt on that late hit, on if Ramsey got hurt on that very very very disgustingly hard late hit. That guy who did that is a ***** man i watched the tape what the hell is he thinking, he should get fined. It was a really gross hit.

Personally they teach them to put their hands in front of them and then hit your palms on the ground and extend your arms, like in baseball. I dont nkow what he was thinking, trying to catch himself as if he was just standing still and fell. He should be like Ramsey and not catch himself at all.

Quote by 2cents:

44, LaVar better be careful, you never know what Lewis's friends will do.

Yo $.02, who gives a $hit what Lewis's friends do. Everyone has friends and from what I've seen, Lavar and Lewis are very good friends.

Lewis shot on Coles was late, cheap and an attempt to intimidate.

LaVar was in Lewis face to let him know that he would also lay serious "legal" wood on the Raven players, when he got a shot.

Originally posted by Buddha

I have a bigger problem with that dick from the Ravens who landed that very LATE helmet-to-helmet hit on Ramsey last night. Or when Lewis nailed Coles from behind out of bounds. Both were unnecessary and out of control.

Couldn't agree more... I was getting so pissed at the love fest thrown at Lewis by Sonny and Michaels, the hit on Coles was so late it wasn't even close. Lewis is trash. Sure he's a great player, but he should be in jail rather than performing his cheezy scheister/preacher act. He'll get what's coming to him sooner or later.

Originally posted by riggins44

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but the intent to hurt Pennington was not there. It was a clean and legal hit.

I do have a problem with the cheap shots the Ravens were

taken. Glad to see Arrington in Lewis' face letting him know

who's house he was in.

I agree completely. Lewis' play was disturbing. He went after two of our most important assets (ramsey & coles) & delivered late hits. Thats something to be pissed off about.

Archived