Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter 24 August

Titaw

kjohnsoncsn

Mcnabb ruled out for fridays game by shanahan w/sprained ankle

granthpaulsen

Shanahan on Armstrong: ''He was showing a lot of speed. Last week he made a lot of plays.'' Said he asked who he was soon after showing up.

Russellmania09

Shanahan rules out Kelly for Friday, but says he is running routes better

Im a McNabb "guy", but an injury this early? Not a good sign.

Did you happen to see how his ankle got rolled when one of the Ratbirds basically jumped on him and took his own feet off the ground to get him down? Dirty tackling at its finest.

Call me crazy, but I still have a feeling that Malcolm Kelly will make this team even without playing in the preseason.

RedskinsInsider

Even though Malcolm Kelly will miss his third preseason game this week and prob wont get a chance to catch a McNabb pass in preseason... 7 minutes ago via web

RedskinsInsider

... @JReidPost still hears that coaches havent ruled him out and he'll have a fair shot to make the 53-man roster 6 minutes ago via web

Good idea not to put McNabb out there. Look at what happened to Eli against the Jets. The Jets don't play their preseason games like an exhibition, they go all out. Since McNabb is already banged up, no point in risking him getting hurt worse.

Truthfully I don't want to see Rex out there either, not for an entire half.

I m feeling good about having him as the back-up. I don't want to risk his health to the Jets pass rush. As bad as it sounds let Bartel and Beck get out there and have that playing time. Our season won't be affected if they (Bartel/Beck) were to be injured.

Santana, you have to play your QBs if they are healthy. We're not facing the 1985 Bears and, even if we were you have to compete!

Of course you do,but let's be smart about it. We know Rex Ryan is gonna be Rex Ryan pre season or not. I hope the O line can regroup from last week's performance. If the ratbirds blitzes gave them fits then what do think Rex Ryan's going to dial up? Eli barely got out relatively unscathed. Todd Collins just signed with the Bears,there's not alot of quality back up Qb's just waiting for a call.

Absolutely no reason to play McNabb this weekend... and maybe next. we've seen his arm, we've seen his feet. He's Donnie Mac. Sit him, heal him.

(Man I hate the Ravens.)

Well, there might be a need since he seems to still need to get his timing down with his WRs, which wasn't there on the deep passes during the Ravens game.

Well, there might be a need since he seems to still need to get his timing down with his WRs, which wasn't there on the deep passes during the Ravens game.

I could see him playing in the 4th preseason game just to hone his timing with the receivers (ankle willing).

Timing can be worked on during practices as well.

Did you happen to see how his ankle got rolled when one of the Ratbirds basically jumped on him and took his own feet off the ground to get him down? Dirty tackling at its finest.

What a bunch of dirty tools. Serious, you're going to head hunt our QB and game plan in preseason, wtf? I'd skip any future games with them. Totally was not in the spirit of preseason.

Archived