Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

John Terry has just announced himself captain, manager, and chairman of Chelsea football club. I don't think he'll last though. He will simply undermine himself, refuse to follow his tactical decisions, and sleep with his own wife.

John Terry has just announced himself captain, manager, and chairman of Chelsea football club. I don't think he'll last though. He will simply undermine himself, refuse to follow his tactical decisions, and sleep with his own wife.

unfortunately, during a training session John Terry was overheard racially abusing himself. He is now in the custody of the London police and will not be able to continue his duties with the club....

Roster for Olympic qualifiers (U-23 team)

Goalkeepers: Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire).

Defenders: Josh Gatt (Molde FK), Perry Kitchen (D.C. United), Ike Opara (San Jose Earthquakes), Kofi Sarkodie (Houston Dynamo), Zarek Valentin (Montreal Impact), Jorge Villafaña (Chivas USA).

Midfielders: Freddy Adu (Philadelphia Union), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Mikkel Diskerud (KAA Gent), Jared Jeffrey (FSV Mainz), Amobi Okugo (Philadelphia Union), Michael Stephens (L.A. Galaxy).

Forwards: Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund), Teal Bunbury (Sporting Kansas City), Joe Gyau (TSG Hoffenheim), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Tony Taylor (Estoril Praia).

Roster for Olympic qualifiers (U-23 team)

Goalkeepers: Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire).

Defenders: Josh Gatt (Molde FK), Perry Kitchen (D.C. United), Ike Opara (San Jose Earthquakes), Kofi Sarkodie (Houston Dynamo), Zarek Valentin (Montreal Impact), Jorge Villafaña (Chivas USA).

Midfielders: Freddy Adu (Philadelphia Union), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Mikkel Diskerud (KAA Gent), Jared Jeffrey (FSV Mainz), Amobi Okugo (Philadelphia Union), Michael Stephens (L.A. Galaxy).

Forwards: Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund), Teal Bunbury (Sporting Kansas City), Joe Gyau (TSG Hoffenheim), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Tony Taylor (Estoril Praia).

Am I the only one who really likes this squad? I think this is a great opportunity for some of these guys to make their case for the senior squad!

Our youth leagues have all the potential you could ask. U23 team took out Mexico 2-0 in Mexico a few weeks back. Our U17 team defeated Brazil 3-1 late last year to win the Nike International. I tell ya in 5-10 years we will be a force. I'm not saying we'll be a contender for a World Cup but we will be a threat to make some serious noise in the World Cup and other international events.

Our youth leagues have all the potential you could ask. U23 team took out Mexico 2-0 in Mexico a few weeks back. Our U17 team defeated Brazil 3-1 late last year to win the Nike International. I tell ya in 5-10 years we will be a force. I'm not saying we'll be a contender for a World Cup but we will be a threat to make some serious noise in the World Cup and other international events.

Plus, our kids are getting more and more tryouts in Europe. I think when we have kids learning in major European club's academies it will benefit our National Team.

Due to some VERY frustrating log-in problems the past month or so, just now catching up on a few things.

Great to pick up the first trophy of Kenny's second go-around. Not so great in the way it was achieved. Condolences to Cardiff. You deserved far better. L'pool we're shocking on the day, but the elation at the end result more than made up for that. Oh, as aesthetically good as the re-built version of Wembley looks, it still lags a LONG way behind Cardiff in many respects. The main one being your actually in a City in Cardiff, with all that entails. Not stuck out the way in North London. Man I loved those 5 years down in South Wales.

Great free kick from Messi ren. The dude just get's better and better. He's worthy already of talk alongside Pele and Maradona as the greatest of all time. But until he single handedly dominates a World Cup like Maradona did in '86, he'll fall just short for me. Maybe on his own Continent in 2 years time? The only free kick I can think of like that, hit with the wrong foot from the wrong side if you like was a John Barnes beauty against Arsenal back in 1990. (About a minute 8 secs in on the vid below. Majestic player. The best I've ever seen live, and man have we had some all time greats over the years. Dalglish is my all time favourite, but Barnes is the most naturally talented player I've ever seen wear red. For two or three years from when we signed him in '87, there wasn't anyone to touch him on the planet. Gullit et all included. But enough of my rambling.).

Sorry DC had a bad start to the year. Making an effort to keep track of them this year.

Oh, and a great night tonight with both Manchester clubs out of Europe. -:) But I've rambled enough.

Here's hoping for another great cup weekend.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Link

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/boltons-muamba-collapses-fa-cup-game-abandoned-15944995

Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba was rushed to a hospital Saturday as medics appeared to try to resuscitate him after he collapsed during an FA Cup match.

Muamba fell to the ground in the 41st minute with no players around him and the quarterfinal was immediately stopped, then abandoned.

Medics rushed onto the field with a defibrillator and treated the 23-year-old Muamba, pumping his chest for around six minutes of treatment.

Some players appeared to be praying as fans chanted his name between periods of silence at White Hart Lane.

After Muamba was carried off on a stretcher with an oxygen mask and with his chest still being pumped, all the players also left the field before referee Howard Webb abandoned the quarterfinal.

Bolton manager Owen Coyle and forward Kevin Davies accompanied the player to a hospital. Bolton said there were no further details on his condition.

http://twitter.com/Persie_Official/statuses/181110484819382273

I so sad about what happened to Fabrice Muamba today. Played with him 4 a couple of years. What a great guy. Always a smile on his face. 1/2

---------- Post added March-17th-2012 at 04:20 PM ----------

Reports say that Muamba is in stable condition at the hospital. Very good to hear. Get well soon :)