Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

14 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

In one season you doubled the point total you've taken off us in the previous four. Something to be proud of for sure. 

Joking aside it is. Progress. Can’t knock that.

Yanno the ‘80’s L’pool and Utd playec 25 games in league and cup. You know how many L’pool, the dominant side in Europe, let alone England, at the time won? A whopping FOUR.

Utd have always had the Indian Sign over us. Is what it is so any result not ending in a defeat is always a bonus for me.

Hail.

• Like 1

Rodgers is back at Leicester.

Really strange timing like given Celtic are on the verge of another title but happy for him.

I’ve never understood the outright hatred from some Reds for him. I mean he had to go. No question there. It had gotten Hodgson bad the end. And he was never a favourite of mine.  (In fact I felt SO insulted by him when the team in Madrid came up the video board before the game I walked out and was back in a wine bar back down Sol by the second half but thats another story from this impulsive Scouser.). Should never have been in the position to start with if truth be told but you can’t blame him for taking it when it was madly offered. But he still took this football club to within a game of the title. Still the closest we’ve been in nearly three decades since the last time we were crowned Champions. He’s never bad mouthed rhe club after he left. Always speaking in real respectful, glowing terms. 

No personal ill feeling at all toward Brendan. Wish him all the best at Leicester.

Particularly the penultimate game of the season against City haha.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Joking aside it is. Progress. Can’t knock that.

Yanno the ‘80’s L’pool and Utd playec 25 games in league and cup. You know how many L’pool, the dominant side in Europe, let alone England, at the time won? A whopping FOUR.

Utd have always had the Indian Sign over us. Is what it is so any result not ending in a defeat is always a bonus for me.

Hail.

That upset dynamic applies to every single derby game in the world except the one that will be taking place on Sunday.

6 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

That upset dynamic applies to every single derby game in the world except the one that will be taking place on Sunday.

You class it as a Derby? I mean it is to all intents and purposes. But a Derby should always strictly speaking be two teams from the same City.

North West Derby? Nah, sounds wool.

English Classico? 

Don’t know what term is grand enough but I’ve never viewed Utd as a ‘derby’ per se.

Hail.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/first-team/339498-jurgen-klopp-watford-programme?__twitter_impression=true

Jurgen gets it. 

The continued social media bed wetting to Sunday’s forgetable game, but excellent result, has been hillarious to read. Anyone would think L’pool were heading for relegation and this wasn’t the best LFC side in history, and one of the best in English top flight history, points wise, through the first 27 games of a season. All down to, shock horror, failling to beat two top sides fighting tooth and nail to stop them doing just that.

Although conversely its a sign of just how high the bar has been raised by Klopp when you go to your fiercest rivals, who are giving everything to deny you a win with the league at stake, don’t play particularly well, yet still come away from one of your most notorious bogey grounds with a clean sheet and excellent point to leave you top the league and the only team with the title in their own hands; to unbelievably STILL have the on-line masses cliff jumping. A far cry from the countless times we’ve gone to Old Trafford, played FAR worse Utd sides than Sunday off the park and ended up with nothing.

One thing Sunday did highlight again in glorious technicolour ..... Loving the fear factor that proceeds this gang of Reds now. Seeing Utd revert to a Mourinho-esq job to conrain us ..... That’s two top sides over the past week, Bayern and Utd, that have completely changed their game and refused to go straight up toe-to-toe with L’pool. Just as City did at Anfield for more or leas the first time since Pep’s been a manager. That’s the top level this side is now viewed and the serious threat they bring that’s forcing that around. 

The flip-side is thats a whole new obstacle to overcome against the top sides who always used to come out and play against us. But it all adds to the continuing evolution of Klopps L’pool with the next problem to work out and overcome going forward as this happens more and more.

Roll on this evening and Watford. 

11 more Cup Finals to eutopia!

Up the. Hornet Swatting Reds!

Hail,

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/first-team/339498-jurgen-klopp-watford-programme?__twitter_impression=true

Jurgen gets it. 

The continued social media bed wetting to Sunday’s forgetable game, but excellent result, has been hillarious to read. Anyone would think L’pool were heading for relegation and this wasn’t the best LFC side in history, and one of the best in English top flight history, points wise, through the first 27 games of a season. All down to, shock horror, failling to beat two top sides fighting tooth and nail to stop them doing just that.

Although conversely its a sign of just how high the bar has been raised by Klopp when you go to your fiercest rivals, who are giving everything to deny you a win with the league at stake, don’t play particularly well, yet still come away from one of your most notorious bogey grounds with a clean sheet and excellent point to leave you top the league and the only team with the title in their own hands; to unbelievably STILL have the on-line masses cliff jumping. A far cry from the countless times we’ve gone to Old Trafford, played FAR worse Utd sides than Sunday off the park and ended up with nothing.

One thing Sunday did highlight again in glorious technicolour ..... Loving the fear factor that proceeds this gang of Reds now. Seeing Utd revert to a Mourinho-esq job to conrain us ..... That’s two top sides over the past week, Bayern and Utd, that have completely changed their game and refused to go straight up toe-to-toe with L’pool. Just as City did at Anfield for more or leas the first time since Pep’s been a manager. That’s the top level this side is now viewed and the serious threat they bring that’s forcing that around. 

The flip-side is thats a whole new obstacle to overcome against the top sides who always used to come out and play against us. But it all adds to the continuing evolution of Klopps L’pool with the next problem to work out and overcome going forward as this happens more and more.

Roll on this evening and Watford. 

11 more Cup Finals to eutopia!

Up the. Hornet Swatting Reds!

Hail,

Come on man United has 4 starters missing and one that had to play most of the game injured. All 3 subs used in the first half to compound that and Liverpool’s only shot on goal in the entire match was that little daisy cutter from Sturridge. If Lingard or Smalling were a little more savvy in front of goal United win that match. Possession stats is all you have in that match and not one clear cut chance from open play was fashioned. De Gea could have contract talks in the area during the game he had so little to do. 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Come on man United has 4 starters missing and one that had to play most of the game injured. All 3 subs used in the first half to compound that and Liverpool’s only shot on goal in the entire match was that little daisy cutter from Sturridge. If Lingard or Smalling were a little more savvy in front of goal United win that match. Possession stats is all you have in that match and not one clear cut chance from open play was fashioned. De Gea could have contract talks in the area during the game he had so little to do. 

As I said, forgetable match. 

Excellent result.

Hail.

Late to the party as I was goosed when I finally got back in last night and this is long. But there’s a lot to cover with these special, special gang of superb Reds. And a lot to get off my chest with rhe social media bellends, who are absolutely NO redflection of the match-going fan, doing my head in lately:

Last night was one of those nights that reminds you just how exceptionally priviliged we are to be witnessing one of the greatest L’pool sides ever assembled. Certainly the most controlling L’pool team I’ve personally ever seen in 39 years going the match and one of our most consistent ever. 

For reference, my all time favourite Reds team, and one of the finest this Country’s ever produced, Kenny’s great ‘87/‘88 side, sat, after 28 games, with a record of-

W 22 D 6 L 0 F 66 A 12 GD + 54

Compare that to this current vintage-
W 21 D 6 L 1 F 64 A 15 GD + 49 

The only difference being Kenny’s side were sat 18 points clear of Utd at this stage, with 2 games in hand, in an absolute procession to the title. Klopps side has the most expensivey assembled side in history, coming off the single greatest season in PL history, to compete with. Which has been skewing views of just what absolute brilliance we have in Red doing us SO proud every single game.

In 38 game seasons, we’ve twice won the league with a final tally of 74 and 79 points. (1905/06 and 1989/90, the last time we won the title, reapectively.). The current side sits this morning on 69 points already. With 30 still left to play for. 

The PL is now in its 27th season. Already, with 10 games to go, we’ve got equal or more points than a L’pool side has had in 17 of those seasons.

What these lads are doing is absoultely PHENOMINAL! Again, one of the greatest sides in Liverpool Football Clubs storied history who are doing this club and this great City proud every time they step onto the field of play.

And last nights sensational display was no exception. A display that was every bit as good as ANY under Klopp. (The first L’pool manager the PL era to win 5 games by a 5 goal or more margin.). Watford didn’t know what hit them and couldn’t cope with the pace and intensity that was still there the last minute. *Sidenote- For all the absolutely ridiculous narking about the two warm weather camps from many that just see the immeadiate result in front of them ..... THAT’S the benefit. These lads didn’t go away on a jolly-up. They went and worked madly in two mini-pre-seasons to get the extra in their legs to have them fitter and stronger than anyone else for the run-in. And last night that ridiculous hard work in Dubai and Spain started to bare fruit.

Hard to pick a MOTM in such a spectacle when every last player was a 10 out of 10 but a few personal standouts-

Mo Salah- For all the ill-informed idiots (and I’m looking at many on-line L’pool ‘fans’ here that added to the scandolus narrative), that have tried derailing Mo and ourselves over the bunkum diving claim, go watch last nights game. Last night was Mo back to his brilliant, WC untouchable best, And time after time he had a Watford player literraly hanging onto him as he ghosted past them the penalty area. Getting kicked from all angles. The diver that he is would have been down everytime for a penalty right? ..... What, he stayed on his feet like he always has unless its a clear foul? ..... EXACTLY. Stick your false agenda up yer backsides!

Fabinho- Good lord what a player. When you look at the disasters of Fred and Jorginho, and to a leaser extent Torreira, it makes you SO happy we moved so fast to snap him up before Pep and City could.  An absolute, controlling rock of a player. The complete central midfielder and them some. His recovery challenges are like Mascherano. His one-on-one open fied tackling is as good as Hamann ever was. And he controls the game and dictates our tempo of play with the intelligence of Alonso, With a passing range and thunderous web on him like Xabi. And to think the reactionary idiots were narking en masse as he wasn’t upto speed early and wanted him binning. The same as they have Naby. People just NEVER learn. Absolute gem of a signing/ footballer whos one HELL of a CH to boot when needed. 

Alisson- 16 clean-sheets and counting now for our most inportant signing of all under Klopp IMHO. We’ve seen the best three goalies in the World the last week in Alisson, De Gea and Neuer and its hard to split them. The PL clean-sheet record is Cech with 24 in ‘04/‘05. Followed by Reina the followimg season with 20. Given our run-in, both are under serious threat from the absolute collosous in our goal.

Last night seemed to be the night for new songs. Four belters got aired. Long one for Mane to the tune of ABBA’s ‘Money, Money, Money.’ New Mo one to the Banana Split’s theme haha. And finally Oxo-Chambo and Trent got there own songs. Need a few more listens the next few games to fully pick the words up but all 4 sounded boss.

Talking of .....

TAA. Or Three Assist Arnold as he shall now be known. WHAT a performance. WHAT a footballer. WHAT a joy that he’s one of your own off the same streets you are. The youngest ever in PL history to have 3 assists in one game. At 20-years young. Phenominal prospect. And people actually want him binned!!!! I know right? SERIOUSLY!  Talking of reactionary idiots ...... 

To all those that spent the first few months of this year narking incesently about Clyne ..... THERE’S your answer last night in glorious technicolur as to just why he doesn’t fit what we do. Trent and Andy Robbo assisting all 5 goals. Trents 6th of the season. Andy Robbo’s 8th the PL. (10th overall.). Only Hazard with 10 and Frase and Sane have more this PL season. Both integral to the way we play. Both the polar opposite of Natahanial who, whilst a top defensive FB in his own right, hasn’t evolved to fit here whilst everyone else has. 

And as for those ridiculously having a hissy fit ‘claiming’ he wasn’t trusted to play at Utd and he’s not good enough because of Milner starting ..... You do all realise he’s just come back from a month or so out right and is our best RB by far who was being carefully managed for the run-in? 

As the song goes, he’s the Scouser in our team!  And it doesn’t get ANY better than that.

QUIT the narking, on Trent, Klopp and this phenominal gang of Reds and just enjoy one of the best Liverpool sides ever in one of the greatest seasons we’ve ever had. For these years that are THIS good don’t come around often.

Up the STILL best team in the Country Reds!

Hail.

• Like 2

I hate I cannot watch as much CL as I would like.
I would haven guessed Juve-Liverpool CL final.
Both clubs are 1 bad result away from elimination (Juve in much worse shape).
Just finished watching Atletico vs. Juve... did not realize how skilled Griezzmann was at CF....

‘ ..... He couldn’t touch the crossbarrrr, He’s only got little arms! .....’

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/1101611024841695238

Whilst I fully appreciate our World wide fanbase were all frothing at the mouth for Utd last week; for the majority of us either from or still in the City THIS one is the one you look forward to and want to win EVERY season more than any other. 

Time to piss all over the ****es Cup Final yet again Redmen. And send the absolute fraud that is Marco Silva another step closer to the unemployment line. 

If yers can find another wickedly cruel way to ruin their miserable little existence for another 6 months at least like Sadio and Divock have recently all the better. 

Since 1995 ......

Up the blue heartbreaking Reds!

Hail.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:51 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TelegraphDucker/status/1101099896747249666

And that is exactly why City, even with all their money, pulled out of any Sanchez deal.

The knock-on effect of ripping up your wage structure and giving one player SO much.

Hail.

I'm pretty sure Mason Greenwood could do what Sanchez is doing for the same amount of money Sanchez spends on shoes. A 19 year old kid in his first season in the PL did more in 10 minutes than he did all game. He's still a big enough name for MLS or China, so ta ma de as they say.