Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Im really looking forward to the Europa league. I know a lot of people look down on it, but it should be really fun. Glad to be back in a tournament.

All skitting of Everton and thursday night football aside, you should be. 

ANY European competition is a GREAT thing. Hell, I miss the third competition, the Cup Winners cup. The way the Europa League has been denigrated by the clubs and no less UEFA with the pittance in prize money (you can make more for just being in the champions League groups than going all the way and winning the Europa) is nothing shy of a disgrace. 

I honestly hope for your sake Martinez treats t seriously and doesn't just dump the kids in. If he does you could go far and have some great European nights at Goodison this year. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

United reach agreement with Sporting over Rojo.

Strange one this on the back of Shaw. One can only presume Van Gaal intends to play him at centre half whilst having reliable left back cover.

IF the fee is reasonable and nothing like the £ 30 million Sporting were holding out for (and Nani has gone on loan for the year to Lisbon as a sweetner); then it's a solid move. You can't really go wrong with Argentine defenders and he looked solid the WC.

But if the fee is 20 million or over, and he sees him as a left back, then it doesn't look too clever.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

United reach agreement with Sporting over Rojo.

Strange one this on the back of Shaw. One can only presume Van Gaal intends to play him at centre half whilst having reliable left back cover.

IF the fee is reasonable and nothing like the £ 30 million Sporting were holding out for (and Nani has gone on loan for the year to Lisbon as a sweetner); then it's a solid move. You can't really go wrong with Argentine defenders and he looked solid the WC.

But if the fee is 20 million or over, and he sees him as a left back, then it doesn't look too clever.

Hail.

One of his main draws is that he's accomplished in both positions. If no other deals are made however he should start at CB when Shaw gets back. Edited by LVSkinz

Had to follow along online from my job.

Sounded like we sucked but I'll take a 0-0 draw

Read that Giroud was ****tier than usual

Did he have that stupid grin on his face?

I think Liverpool fans are still dealing with their delusions.

It's cheaper than dealing for Lukaku...

• Like 1

And why the **** did Campbell not get any run? Cazorla was piss poor today as well. Even Rosicky I think over Wilshere would have had more of an impact in a game that was so stretched out at times. Ramsey was not himself either. Just a confluence of poor performances. Hope it's not tired legs cuz we got Everton away on Saturday.

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't think we'll ever see Campbell outside of Capital One Cup games and situations where injuries force AW's hand. I don't think he's completely sold on him. WTF has been up with Cazorla tho? Also, Rosicky always provides a spark when he comes on, which is why I'm confused that he came on so late.

Oh and we'll probably definitely need that new DM now....

All skitting of Everton and thursday night football aside, you should be. 

ANY European competition is a GREAT thing. Hell, I miss the third competition, the Cup Winners cup. The way the Europa League has been denigrated by the clubs and no less UEFA with the pittance in prize money (you can make more for just being in the champions League groups than going all the way and winning the Europa) is nothing shy of a disgrace. 

I honestly hope for your sake Martinez treats t seriously and doesn't just dump the kids in. If he does you could go far and have some great European nights at Goodison this year. 

Hail. 

I dont think there is anyway he cant take it seriously here. I would be very surprised and upset if that happened. We dont have the experience and luxury of acting like its not a big deal. The draw date cant get here fast enough.

It's cheaper than dealing for Lukaku...

OH SNAP!

Bah.  Blackburn lost 3-1.  Lost control of the match pretty early on.  Had about 10 minute surge at the beginning and then seemed to be mostly Norwich.  Had the 1-1 until stoppage time when they scored one and then just about an empty netter shortly thereafter when Robinson was up for a corner.

Still, first league loss since March.  And against one of the stronger sides in the division.

• DAILY MAIL: The president of Atletico Madrid has claimed that Borussia Dortmund star Marco Reus turned down a move to Manchester United
  • DAILY STAR: If, as expected, Malky Mackay takes the Crystal Palace job, former Eagles star Wilfried Zaha will return on loan from Manchester United

Germany star Thomas Muller claims he turned down a lucrative offer to join Manchester United this summer. The 24-year-old Bayern Munich attacking midfielder told BILD

A FIFA committee has upheld the transfer ban placed on Barcelona, which means the La Liga giants will be unable to bring in new players between this September and January 2016. A FIFA statement read:

FC Barcelona is to serve a transfer ban which will see the club prevented from registering any players at both national and international level for two complete and consecutive transfer periods, starting with the next registration period (January 2015).

Edited by RawBBQSauce

36 in 50 an 21 in 31 league games last year.

IF he stays fit and plays 30 plus games I'd personally fancy his chances of getting upwards of 30 in this team.

Hail.

Hey, I'm rooting for you and would be glad to see.

I just don't think that he can get to that level, now that he will be the focus of other team's defenses (which were usually concerned withe Mr Suarez).

AC Milan insist they have not received an offer from Liverpool for their controversial striker Mario BalotelliReports in England claim the Italy international is being lined up as a replacement for Luis Suarez following his move to Barcelona, with the Merseyside club prepared to make a £17.5million bid for the former Manchester City player.

AC Milan insist they have not received an offer from Liverpool for their controversial striker Mario BalotelliReports in England claim the Italy international is being lined up as a replacement for Luis Suarez following his move to Barcelona, with the Merseyside club prepared to make a £17.5million bid for the former Manchester City player.

That's not what I heard.

Latest rumor from the gunners Giroud + €40 millions for Cavani, never going to happen :)

Yeah, those player plus money deals rarely materialize.

Yeah, those player plus money deals rarely materialize.

Only in FIFA.

Bolton would be alright for Jordan Ibe.  He needs to work on his final touch and finishing.  One more year. 

If he's that close to Blackburn, why not just come to Blackburn.  I like that more.

• Like 1

Bolton would be alright for Jordan Ibe.  He needs to work on his final touch and finishing.  One more year. 

Defo. 

And Txeira apparently ripped Leeds to shreds last night on his Brighton debut. Scored one and won the free kick they scored the second. 

This year with Sami down South will serve him well too. 

Hail. 

Defo. 

And Txeira apparently ripped Leeds to shreds last night on his Brighton debut. Scored one and won the free kick they scored the second. 

This year with Sami down South will serve him well too. 

Hail. 

I had congratulated Martin on a good start to the season.  But I couldn't do it last night.  Sami is going to make the next few years there very interesting.

If he's that close to Blackburn, why not just come to Blackburn.  I like that more.

Any Championship side, really.  Preferably where he'd get the most playing time.

• Like 1

Any Championship side, really.  Preferably where he'd get the most playing time.

I'd play him.  He's got pace, presumably, which would be more than most of our squad has currently.  We have a number of wingers, that don't really get playing time as it is, so I doubt the move would happen.  I think Ibe would be an improvement, though.