Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

That was his 'best performance as a red?'

Man alive, just how bad was he last season then?

He made a fantastic save at the end, but was flapping all day. That's what he's brought through his time here. Great shot stopping ability on his day coupled with consistent ****-ups. Thankfully todays weren't costly. 

He's going nowhere and I'm only playing with DC but he's still a majorly weak link in this team. 

Whatever the Belgium's think of him. 

Hail. 

The only other thing that stood out from last year was the opener last year…Maybe he's just great in season openers?

***edit***

Did you go to Anfield? On TV the crowd seemed pretty tame….

Edited by jobaga

We are neither trying to replace Luis nor do we have to.

Yes, 31 goals have gone out of the team. But let's not forget Sturridge banged in 21 in only 29 league games last year and you've players like Sterling and Coutinho beginning to add more goals to their repertoire. And with the new defensive additon's/ approach you have to figure we aren't conceding 50 goals again. So the need to score 3/4 a game dissipates.

A reliable goal scorer that can be the primary back-up to Sturridge is what's needed along with an experienced older head that will chip in with double figures over the course of the year like Eto'o for this season. Then you strengthen again next summer.

This team wasn't a one man team last year by any stretch. in the 11 games Luis didn't play in all competitions, we won 10 of them.

Hail.

Its the attention he draws and the way he forces defenders to constantly be on their heels which has a ripple effect on the entire attacking unit. He is one of three players in the world that can do that. I think to finish second or better Liverpool can't allow more than 35 goals give or take.

We are neither trying to replace Luis nor do we have to. 

Yes, 31 goals have gone out of the team. But let's not forget Sturridge banged in 21 in only 29 league games last year and you've players like Sterling and Coutinho beginning to add more goals to their repertoire. And with the new defensive additon's/ approach you have to figure we aren't conceding 50 goals again. So the need to score 3/4 a game dissipates. 

A reliable goal scorer that can be the primary back-up to Sturridge is what's needed along with an experienced older head that will chip in with double figures over the course of the year like Eto'o for this season. Then you strengthen again next summer. 

This team wasn't a one man team last year by any stretch. in the 11 games Luis didn't play in all competitions, we won 10 of them. 

Hail.

10 from 11without Suarez ? There must be the odd draw in there somewhere........

Lambert will probably provide the double digit goals as the experienced back-up.

And I think you're right, life without Suarez will dictate a more defensive approach, as the stats with Suarez out show a more successful Liverpool team but one that creates far less but also gives away far less. That's a difficult balance to judge as a manager and as a supporter.

I think Liverpool fans want and expect to be entertained.

Wait! 

When where you actually going to do something this year regardless?  ;)

Tell me who's been telling you these lies and I'll have a word with him for yer. 

Hail. 

Dont worry GHH, I was referring to finishing in the top 5 or 6.

We cant all be like Liverpool fans, have one good year and act like that means we all of the sudden are title contenders every year, even though they lost the only reason they werent bottom half with that defense.

:lol:

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Seriously?

Khedira's agent is reportedly in London about to finalize a deal for either Chelsea or Arsenal

Manolas just had a medical at the Emirates

Adrien Rabiot from PSG may be going to Arsenal as well

And Chilean forward Eduardo Vargas is supposed to be coming to Arsenal on loan

It's not quiet at all

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Seriously?

Khedira's agent is reportedly in London about to finalize a deal for either Chelsea or Arsenal

Manolas just had a medical at the Emirates

Adrien Rabiot from PSG may be going to Arsenal as well

And Chilean forward Eduardo Vargas is supposed to be coming to Arsenal on loan

It's not quiet at all

I'm going by the reliable media outlets. Not the Daily Mirror, Metro, and Caught Offside.

Hey I'm just saying it isn't quiet lol

I'm not sure what to make of the Rabiot rumor...but I guess if we go relatively cheap with our CB and DM signings in Manolas and Rabiot, perhaps that would leave AW the wiggle room he needs to splash the cash for a big name CF like Cavani?

I was under the impression that Rabiot wasn't really a DM.

He is 19 though and projects to be a star someday.

I'm more worried about grabbing a CB because Kos is still injured and I don't think Per made the trip to Turkey

Yeah from what I've seen of Rabiot he's another playmaker-type midfielder...

Speaking of which, I was watching the NBC Sports broadcast of the game Saturday and the Lee Dixon kept talking about Jack Wilshere and how frustrating it is to watch him because he's always focused on trying to beat his marker and seeking out contact, not trying to get rid of the ball quickly, therefore increasing his propensity for injury. It's so true and I just feel like that is part of his footballing style and it won't really change no matter how much AW tries to help him.

Yeah from what I've seen of Rabiot he's another playmaker-type midfielder...

Speaking of which, I was watching the NBC Sports broadcast of the game Saturday and the Lee Dixon kept talking about Jack Wilshere and how frustrating it is to watch him because he's always focused on trying to beat his marker and seeking out contact, not trying to get rid of the ball quickly, therefore increasing his propensity for injury. It's so true and I just feel like that is part of his footballing style and it won't really change no matter how much AW tries to help him.

Yeah, at this point, and no one doubts he has ability, but whether or not he's effective and fits in. 

Right now I say he's in the balance on whether or not he fits in. 

Falcao rumor heating up? Stop teasing me goddamn it!

to whom?

Ever considered changing teams then.......haha

Coming from a guy on a Redskins message board. 

Apparently Falcao is willing to go a year long loan with the Reds for 200,000 a week.

Real has the ball right now. If they balk he will come to Anfield.

Need to wait and see.      

Arteta wasnt bad at all on Saturday. Those are the game he shines when he plays.

Jack wasnt bad either.

Jack wasn't good either.

Reports coming out of Spain claim Bayern Munich are stepping up their interest in Atletico Madrid defender Diego Godin. Bayern's sporting director Michael Reschke is set to to travel to the Spanish capital to hold talks with Atletico over a possible move.
  • Like 1